• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

So if the playoffs started today, the Giants would have to beat Atlanta (lol), Seattle, Dallas, and then the AFC team (let's say Pats) at neutral field. That's the three top teams in the NFL.

Guys I think the Giants are gonna win the Super Bowl.

Line_HTX

Well, no wonder. Apocalypse was poorly executed. It was so shit it was like having a 6 minute drive in the 4th quarter trying to come back from 14 down.

I'd be sad there wasn't more than one quarter of OT if I had to go home to Olivia Munn

image.php

Well, no wonder. Apocalypse was poorly executed. It was so shit it was like having a 6 minute drive in the 4th quarter trying to come back from 14 down.

Hmmm I think I know someone that can do that

Hey I just realized

Offseason thread should be up. A team is officially out of contention

11/22/2016. 1+1+2+2+2+0=8. And there's 2 8s in 16. This is the sign we've been waiting for. 8 and 8. Make the offseason thread or reject fate!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hey I just realized

11/22/2016. 1+1+2+2+2+0=8. And there's 2 8s in 16. This is the sign we've been waiting for. 8 and 8. Make the offseason thread or reject fate!!

Thread goes up 5 minutes after the last game played Week 17

Don't fuck this up and split the community again you assholes!

BigAT

Hey I just realized

If we put up the offseason thread as soon as the Browns were out of contention, wouldn't it go up in September?

Thread goes up 5 minutes after the last game played Week 17

Don't fuck this up and split the community again you assholes!

Yall didn't seem to have a problem with splitting the community when you put the first few weeks of the season in OT *crosses arms, nods*

squicken

Buttfumble is one of my most cherished Thanksgiving memories. Sanchez will be on DAL's sideline this week and I'm sure they will put the cameras on him

Thank you americans for bringing the butt fumble into the world. Its always there to remind me why I stay up late at night watching fuckball instead of sleeping.

bionic77

I'd be happy with a 0 TD 2 INT game if I got to go home to Olivia Munn
Would you be ok with sharing her with 2 directors, a few producers and 5 of your teammates?

I know some guys are into it, but for me personally it would be weird for me to get in line to fuck my own girlfriend.

truly the buttfumble is a thanksgiving miracle that serves to bring us all together in these trying times that have been wrought by pats fans instrumental in the rise of trump

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Vikings game is going to be tough. For what it's worth Xavier Rhodes was the highest rated player Week 11 on PFF. The Vikings D is great but our defense has been steadily improving as well the last 4 weeks.

They're never going to be an elite defense like in 2014 but if they can produce a turnover or two a game that's all we'll need with our offense.

And DeAndre Levy may finally play Thursday. Not counting on it but it'd be nice.

jfkgoblue

The Vikings game is going to be tough. For what it's worth Xavier Rhodes was the highest rated player Week 11 on PFF. The Vikings D is great but our defense has been steadily improving as well the last 4 weeks.

They're never going to be an elite defense like in 2014 but if they can produce a turnover or two a game that's all we'll need with our offense.

And DeAndre Levy may finally play Thursday. Not counting on it but it'd be nice.
Our offense has not looked good this year outside of the two minute drill, just way to conservative.

On the other hand that 8 minute drive to close out the game vs the Jags gives me a lot of hope.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Our offense has not looked good this year outside of the two minute drill, just way to conservative.

On the other hand that 8 minute drive to close out the game vs the Jags gives me a lot of hope.

The problem with going no huddle is if doesn't work our defense will be on the field much longer than it should be not giving the defense a chance to rest.

IIRC we started the two minute drill, it was working against the Jags but at that point in the game Time of Possesion was 28 minutes vs. 14 minutes going into the 4th quarter in the Jags favor.

I think we should start the Vikings game going no huddle the first couple of possessions. We waited way to long against the Jaguars to get it going.

Edit: And it does not help having no running game to speak of most weeks

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 21m21 minutes ago New York, USA
Browns are 0-11. Giants have never faced a team with a worse record. They played (and tied!) 0-10 Dallas Cowboys on Dec. 4, 1960.
That's a pretty crazy stat.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
They can't lose every game, they'll find a way to tie at some point.

Gigglepoo

Hence the crazy stat part of the statement? That along with the history of the Giants organization, you would have figured they would have run into one of those teams somewhere along the line.

Yeah, it is weird. I also love that the 6-3-1 Redskins haven't had a record that good this late in the season in 20 years. Which, I mean, come on!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hence the crazy stat part of the statement? That along with the history of the Giants organization, you would have figured they would have run into one of those teams somewhere along the line.

It kinda makes sense.

How many 2-14 teams backloaded their wins or were they spread out over the season?

I'm kinda curious to know how many 0-11 teams have existed.

edit: This website seems to suggest about 16 or so but it's hard to tell if there were other teams that year with 0-11 or worse records

http://www.footballgeography.com/last-winless-nfl-teams-in-each-season/

Top Bottom