• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs for the first time in 46 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
Gillis was quite literally the worst thing ever, I think Benning should get a little more time to try to fix the garbage heap Gillis left.

A lot of those contracts that Gillis signed screwed us.

But who needs the playoffs anyway, this is the great Canadian tank!

As a Leafs fan, I kind of welcome this. Now all of the other Canadian teams -- including the elitist Canucks and Habs -- know how it feels.

At least the Leafs are in the right direction.

The weird misconception is that, if there was a Canadian team in the mix, all Canadians would cheer for them. That's not going to happen.

bryehn

I'm from Ottawa, I have many bummed friends with no alt/backup team.

I, however grew up a Leafs fan, have loved the Kings since Luc Robataille was around, became a default Stars fan because Modano was my hero and have grown to enjoy the Preds' fast-paced style.

Too bad all my alts are west.

Kazerei

Banned
F5PFsxx.png

ElNino

The weird misconception is that, if there was a Canadian team in the mix, all Canadians would cheer for them. That's not going to happen.
No kidding. I remember when the Sens made it to the final against the Ducks, and my wife's family (from Kingston) were hosting a Sens playoff party to cheer them on. They couldn't understand why I didn't want anything to do with it... well, I went to the part of course but I sure as hell didn't cheer for the Sens.

Yawnier

Banned
Leaf fan here who welcomes this for my team. They're finally tanking and building a team properly through the draft instead of trading for players and signings UFAs to build a core. We knew they were going to be a dumpster fire this year.

As for a lot of the other Canadian teams except for the oilers, well..... Bad years/seasons all around

Oppo

I do not share my countrymen 's love of flatball but I know this is a bummer.

and yes Tims is better than DD but that's like saying a headlock is preferable to an uppercut

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
at least they have a shot at the world cup of hockey!

We'll try to not get crosby injured again before then

there isn't any one reason.

calgary overachieved last year and are underachieving this year, edmonton has a horrible culture and still needs to make roster changes, toronto is rebuilding/tanking, montreal lost their best player to injury for half the year, winnipeg is a middling team in a very good division, vancouver has incompetent management

edit: just realized i forgot the senators existed. no idea what they're doing

Half a year is underselling it lol. Price has only played 10 games in total this season.

Apathy

It is sad, I was in Grade 5 when the Habs won in 93. Wonder how much longer we'll have to wait sadly.

Sadly this is just another year the Leafs didn't win shit so that's a plus :)

Rogers doesn't care, they sell out every game regardless of if they are in the playoffs or not, so why bother using money to make the team better.

Silkworm

At least the Bruins are locked in the for post season.

http://i.imgur.com/HCU64O9.png[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah the way they've been struggling of late not sure how long they'll last once they get there :-\ Oh well, at least the Bruins are in and the Canadiens are out ;-)

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
SPOILER: Chicago Wins

Actually, speaking as a Blackhawks fan, they have been playing rotten hockey since the All-Star break, and have first-round exit written all over them. They've been absolutely dominated by Dallas and Minnesota. And Corey Crawford is injured, with a case of vertigo on the side, with no return date in sight.

Something is very, very wrong in Chicago right now.

I'm from Ottawa, I have many bummed friends with no alt/backup team.

I, however grew up a Leafs fan, have loved the Kings since Luc Robataille was around, became a default Stars fan because Modano was my hero and have grown to enjoy the Preds' fast-paced style.

Too bad all my alts are west.

Having the kings as a backup team?

That's a bold move right there

PillarEN

Missing the playoffs? What's that? Is that like not playing after the end of the regular season? That's weird. I don't know what that feels like. But it might happen soon if the Wings don't win some games (give me 7 out of 10 points).

Trey

Didn't the Canadiens tie the win streak to start the season record? What a collapse, I suppose that team really is all Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom