• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs for the first time in 46 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Canadiens tie the win streak to start the season record? What a collapse, I suppose that team really is all Price.

Yeah, Price got injured and they had a good start without him but ultimately collapsed to oblivion. Oh well... Here's hoping they get first draft pick!

Canadian teams not making it for the first time in 46 years is really fitting since Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in the past 49 years.

Sanjuro

Yeah, Price got injured and they had a good start without him but ultimately collapsed to oblivion. Oh well... Here's hoping they get first draft pick!

Trivia, Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in the past 49 years.

Habs won the cold outdoor Super Bowl thing!

Canadian teams not making it for the first time in 46 years is really fitting since Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in the past 49 years.

Habs have always depended on good goalies as a crutch then lose their minds when they lose him and get subbed with a league average goalie

Many teams have avarege goalies and do fine.

Habs need to stop being so ''Defense'' minded and actually make the effert to get more offensive firepower on their team.

20 years, same story

shira

image.php

:(

Dollar's kinda rebounded.

As for the hockey, who cares what city they play. Most of the top players play for Team Canada and we get some sort of ribbon or medal every few years.

grumble

Aren't all the teams fairly Canadian, if we're going by player count? I mean with imported players it isn't like any team is really 'your' city's team. Privately owned teams with foreign players.

Aren't all the teams fairly Canadian, if we're going by player count? I mean with imported players it isn't like any team is really 'your' city's team. Privately owned teams with foreign players.

Less than half of NHL players are Canadian now. So. Not really.

KingBroly

Banned

Washington = Russia

I know how that might sound at first glance, but the Caps have a TON of Russian players.

I said in break that we should follow other canadian game that was actually invented in canada people laughed at me and said move to usa. No respect for basketball. Sad.

HariKari

I don't follow Hockey, how are the Sharks doing? Are they favor to win the cup?

Have to learn how to not choke first.

The Canadian teams are all run so poorly. Montreal dropped like a rock without Price.

As a Coyotes fan, it's a little funny to see that Auston Matthews has like a 70% chance of ending up in Canada. Watching a kid from AZ lead your team to glory might change a few minds about the importance of non-traditional markets.

Edmonton should be relegated to the ECHL.

PillarEN

The skate is cool. Sadly, as a kid I didn't know it was a skate and for some reason I associated it with some disco theme. I don't know why.
I was never bothered with any Canucks variants other than the "V" jerseys.

cool
bure3.jpg

Habs have always depended on good goalies as a crutch then lose their minds when they lose him and get subbed with a league average goalie

Many teams have avarege goalies and do fine.

Habs need to stop being so ''Defense'' minded and actually make the effert to get more offensive firepower on their team.

20 years, same story

I absolutely agree

The skate is cool. Sadly, as a kid I didn't know it was a skate and for some reason I associated it with some disco theme. I don't know why.
I was never bothered with any Canucks variants other than the "V" jerseys.

cool
bure3.jpg

I didn't even notice that it was a skate before. Now I feel dumb.

It's like the Minnesota Wild logo being a bear.

RBH

To celebrate this historic occasion, they should move the Jets to Atlanta so that my Thrashers can be re-born, baby!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It is sad, I was in Grade 5 when the Habs won in 93. Wonder how much longer we'll have to wait sadly.

Sadly this is just another year the Leafs didn't win shit so that's a plus :)

Well, at least you saw the Habs win.

I wasn't even alive the last time the Leafs won and they've basically sucked my entire life with brief shining moments.

bremon

The Skate is the best one! So 80s.

IMO teams that change colors and or logos are teams with no identity

A Canadian team is a Canadian team is a Canadian team. I would expect you to know this.

On another note, everyone laughed at me when the Canucks lost in 2011 and I said they'd be back in the finals... everyone is still laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom