• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

Neo Samus

Wow that's a long press release. Thank you CubeRevolution. When was Virtua Tennis announced for the Wii? I'm looking forward to that.

I've never really played Mother 3, but I never want to because I'm so sick of people whining about it. I would never be able to give the game a fair shake because the fans, well-wishers, and general hangers-on are so damn annoying.

I knew it got bad when I was reading this thread and realized I'd rather take NOA's side than Mother 3 whiners. NOA is the fucking Empire to gamers' Alliance, the dark side to the light side, the [Star Wars analogy], but the complaining has just reached boiling point for me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
bearcatjosh said:
Because it's now trendy (again) to hate on Nintendo. I thought today's news was great, but this thread has been a bummer.

I think this release list for the most part sucks. No Metroid remake? No Fatal Frame? Disaster? Wii Sports Resort? A new game announced less than two months before release?

Bah humbug

Struct09

I'm digging the Punch-Out!! boxart. And as a big fan of the Excite games (especially Excitebike 64) I hope Excitebots turns out.

maxmars

Haunted said:
Wait what? Where does it say that? Racing games don't get spin-offs. :lol

The EA NASCAR Kart thing?

When they say that it builds on the Excite Bike (tm) and Excite Truck (tm) franchises, I understood as if it won't be a direct sequel to ET but rather something different.. Spinoff for the lack of a better term.
You are the languages professor, I'm just in charge of bits and bytes

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
dialmydrive said:
Think about it. Nintendo issues PR with tentative releases and dates through the end of summer that showcases all of the third party support it apparently has. This coming at a time when it is being reported that third party support for Wii is waning due to shit sales. I view this release as nothing more than an effort to put out fires before they begin.

............?

Sadist

Dang it Nintendo, screens of Excitebots, NOW!!!

brak.gif

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
The only screenshots we'll see will be the ones on the back of the box I guess. :lol

Nahh - lots of sites and places have them - but I don't know why they aren't up yet. They won't blow you guys away... and I actually can't wait to hear the responses to some of the things on the course - and "mini game" play mechanics....

Masked Man

I said wow
ShockingAlberto said:
I've never really played Mother 3, but I never want to because I'm so sick of people whining about it. I would never be able to give the game a fair shake because the fans, well-wishers, and general hangers-on are so damn annoying.

I knew it got bad when I was reading this thread and realized I'd rather take NOA's side than Mother 3 whiners. NOA is the fucking Empire to gamers' Alliance, the dark side to the light side, the [Star Wars analogy], but the complaining has just reached boiling point for me.

;_;

I've never truly hated NoA about it because I was never truly expecting them to release it. Above all, I just want to cherish the game for the amazing work of art that it is. Itoi put together one of the finest experiences I've ever had, and for that I am truly grateful. It is my wish that as many people get the chance to play the game as possible, if only to savor the same glorious experience that I have. :D

I urge you to give the game a chance: I promise that you will not be disappointed. The tagline--"Strange, Funny, Heartrending"--is an understatement.

Haunted said:
Their new marketing approach certainly catapulted core games like Wario Land Shake It and Disaster to multi-million status.

Im sure they never expected those games to sell millions and millions

Davey Cakes

Spiegel said:
That Punch-out boxart make the game look like shovelware.

Thinking again, this could help the sales. GENIOUS
If that looks like shovelware, then what doesn't? Honestly?

Even a great Wii game like Boom Blox had "shovelware-looking" box art, and that ended up selling really well and now even has a sequel slated for Spring.

I don't think it looks like shovelware. In fact, I like Punch-Out!'s box. But honestly, who cares what it looks like?

Neo Samus

El_TigroX said:
Nahh - lots of sites and places have them - but I don't know why they aren't up yet. They won't blow you guys away... and I actually can't wait to hear the responses to some of the things on the course - and "mini game" play mechanics....

Can you at least say if is made by Monster Games or not?

Haunted

maxmars said:
The EA NASCAR Kart thing?
Touché.

Well, we'll know soon enough, I think. If tigrox tells the truth you might be closer to it than me. :)

tigrox - does it say whether it's by Monster Games?

Ramenman

Andrex said:
Yeah were's all your bitching about NoA now? HUH???

No Layton 2. Who the fuck cares about your shitty star nobody knows about except for people who imported it, which they would have done again anyway :p

Also I won't bitch about Another Code Wii because I have a PAL Wii.

Masked Man said:
;_;

I've never truly hated NoA about it because I was never truly expecting them to release it. Above all, I just want to cherish the game for the amazing work of art that it is. Itoi put together one of the finest experiences I've ever had, and for that I am truly grateful. It is my wish that as many people get the chance to play the game as possible, if only to savor the same glorious experience that I have. :D

I urge you to give the game a chance: I promise that you will not be disappointed. The tagline--"Strange, Funny, Heartrending"--is an understatement.
I should add that I may get around to it one day. I started the first chapter, but like I said, it was tainted in my mind by all these "My internet rage will never diminish!" eternal flames. It's not a bad thing to be pissed off it never came here, it's perfectly reasonable. Expecting it in every new PR and complaining when it's not there is a special brand of stupid.

At least there are sane fans of the game.

Haunted

Starchasing said:
Im sure they never expected those games to sell millions and millions
Fair enough - I think we can meet halfways and conclude that a bit of a marketing might've helped those titles. :)

[Nintex]

El_TigroX said:
F5F5F5F5F5

Shiggy

CubeRevolution said:
I hope tommorow - but just a guess.

And perhaps Another Code and Wii Sports Resort before America.

Rhythm Paradise will come on April 3rd.

Was 'Walk with me' delayed? Shouldn't it have come last Friday? They probably noticed that February is not the best time to release a product mostly used when the weather is not this bad.

Davey Cakes

ShockingAlberto said:

Out of all the games that Nintendo has chosen not to localize, Mother 3 is a standout.

As an unlocalized game, it's really no different than the likes of Captain Rainbow, Soma Bringer, Fatal Frame 4, or any others. But, the biggest difference is, there are just a lot more people who want Mother 3 than any of those other games. It has a following. It's not "whining," it's just a matter of a greater number of people asking for it.

Rash said:
Out of all the games that Nintendo has chosen not to localize, Mother 3 is a standout.

As an unlocalized game, it's really no different than the likes of Captain Rainbow, Soma Bringer, Fatal Frame 4, or any others. But, the biggest difference is, there are just a lot more people who want Mother 3 than any of those other games. It has a following. It's not "whining," it's just a matter of a greater number of people asking for it.
Okay.

But still? Really?

You kind of learn to stop trying to court the girl when she files a restraining order, you know?

cw_sasuke said:
............?

There has been alot of discussion within various media outlets based on current Wii software sales trends. Not only in media but forums as well and you can bet your ass that Nintendo monitors forums. Wii third party sales are of great concern to publishers considering putting more money and man hours into the platform because of its reputation. I don't see sales beyond what is posted here but the perception out there is that the only thing that sells on the Wii well enough on a regular basis to hit the top 20 is first party software. Is there any truth to this? Based on top 20, sure but I don't know about third party publishers bottom lines. According to Nintendo's PR everything seems to be fine. Maybe they issued the PR to help ease concerns of various partners?

Sadist

El_TigroX said:
That... doesn't sound very EXCITING.

[Nintex]

dialmydrive said:
There has been alot of discussion within various media outlets based on current Wii software sales trends. Not only in media but forums as well and you can bet your ass that Nintendo monitors forums. Wii third party sales are of great concern to publishers considering putting more money and man hours into the platform because of its reputation. I don't see sales beyond what is posted here but the perception out there is that the only thing that sells on the Wii well enough on a regular basis to hit the top 20 is first party software. Is there any truth to this? Based on top 20, sure but I don't know about third party publishers bottom lines. According to Nintendo's PR everything seems to be fine. Maybe they issued the PR to help ease concerns of various partners?
Have you seen the latest NPD's?

Davey Cakes

ShockingAlberto said:
Okay.

But still? Really?

You kind of learn to stop trying to court the girl when she files a restraining order, you know?
I, personally, would like to see the game localized. But, honestly, I have already played it, so localization isn't a big deal for me. In fact, for a lot of fans it's merely just about the principle of the thing. Just like any unlocalized game, we feel that some standout titles just deserve their chance in other regions.

Meier

Probably get the Walking Trainer if the price isn't too bad (would consider spending as much as $30). Two pedometers is a nice touch.

dialmydrive said:
You're lacking information and making incorrect conclusions based on that.

Ulairi

Banned
dialmydrive said:
Think about it. Nintendo issues PR with tentative releases and dates through the end of summer that showcases all of the third party support it apparently has. This coming at a time when it is being reported that third party support for Wii is waning due to shit sales. I view this release as nothing more than an effort to put out fires before they begin.

source?

Ulairi

Banned
dialmydrive said:

you have a link of a third party saying they have concerns? All we've seen this year is a move to the Wii, not a move away from it. Third parties are saying they will commit more resources to Wii development and want to improve the quality of the games they release.

Please, I would love some links.

El_TigroX said:

Questions for you.

Is it a racing game in the same vein as Excite Truck or not?
Clowns, poker cards - these are the things on the course right? Are they items?
Do you know if it has an online mode?

Yes Boss!

Meier said:
Probably get the Walking Trainer if the price isn't too bad (would consider spending as much as $30). Two pedometers is a nice touch.

I dunno, is is sold at a $10 premium in Japan. I'm kinda expecting $40. Also, this was the DS game that used the Miis.

Dialmydrive,

Jesus christ, best to stop before you bury yourself further. :lol

Can't believe that Punchout is coming in May! Please let it be good!

Wow @ Starfy as well! With this and Rhythm Heaven, maybe there is a chance for the likes of Band Bros. (Mother 1, 2, 3 on VC and DSi Ware and Fire Emblem 1-6 as well please! :D)

El_TigroX said:

Tell me more
Tell me more
Like, does he have a car?

Segata Sanshiro said:
You're lacking information and making incorrect conclusions based on that.

ok I can live with that. Nintendo's PR just seems a little odd, that's all. I'm only spitting out observations based on what I've been reading. My opinion is based on nothing more than that.

schuelma said:
I think this release list for the most part sucks. No Metroid remake? No Fatal Frame? Disaster? Wii Sports Resort? A new game announced less than two months before release?

Bah humbug

Incomplete list, though Disaster was never going to happen, and Fatal Frame might well be published by someone else.

And I've no idea why the latter is a bad thing, either. "We don't have months and months to get hyped up about a game. OH NOES!"

And Wii Sports Resort is GUARANTEED to be here by the end of May, it just doesn't have a concrete date - no doubt because Nintendo is sorting out when it's going to launch in all major territories and needs to stick to it.

[Nintex]

Hero of Canton said:
And Wii Sports Resort is GUARANTEED to be here by the end of May, it just doesn't have a concrete date - no doubt because Nintendo is sorting out when it's going to launch in all major territories and needs to stick to it.
It has to be, there's a bunch of third party games coming out in June that are made with the Motion Plus in mind.

Jme

El_TigroX said:
Nahh - lots of sites and places have them - but I don't know why they aren't up yet.

What site do you work for and why don't YOU have them up yet?

stuminus3

EXCITE!!!! Aaah! I'm actually stamping my feet at work in giddy EXCITEment here!!!

EDIT: AAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaah wooooooooooooo! Woooooooooooooooo!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to it though... big ExciteTruck fan. I think I played more of that game than any at Wii launch.

[Nintex]

Where are the screens?

CAPGOD: Best way to announce a game, in-game footage, screenshots and Q&A with developers!

Nintendo: Worst way to announce a game, announcement... nothing

Top Bottom