• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
Clown faces??

O shi...
jsil9e.jpg

Don't worry - the game looks fun

Vinci

Danish
Sadist said:
Step 1: Game announcement
The Internet: oh, new games!

Step 2: who is the developer?
The Internet: Nintendo? That can't be right, they don't make games!!!

Yeah, I'm understanding that it's likely connected to the prevailing attitude that Nintendo has gone PopCap, but ... it's fucking EXCITE. I don't care what the hell I'm driving, so long as it involves me driving it through deforming terrain (which appears present) and scores me for doing crazy shit (appears it does).

What was everyone expecting? We know about this in plenty of time to purchase it; the casuals will either figure it out like they have with other games that received minimal advertising, yet still sold, or Nintendo will market it in their commercials and advertisements.

What's with the complaining about this particular title? That's my question.

dialmydrive said:
There has been alot of discussion within various media outlets based on current Wii software sales trends. Not only in media but forums as well and you can bet your ass that Nintendo monitors forums. Wii third party sales are of great concern to publishers considering putting more money and man hours into the platform because of its reputation. I don't see sales beyond what is posted here but the perception out there is that the only thing that sells on the Wii well enough on a regular basis to hit the top 20 is first party software. Is there any truth to this? Based on top 20, sure but I don't know about third party publishers bottom lines. According to Nintendo's PR everything seems to be fine. Maybe they issued the PR to help ease concerns of various partners?

6730i8.gif

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
So based on the comment before the edit... it's F-Zero Wii in disguise?
I meant the clown face, not the track or anything

maxmars

Black-Wind said:
And people . . . I hope you know that EXCITE seems to just be a series name. Thats why we have EXCITE bike and EXCITE truck and now EXCITE Bots. It's not a "spin off" because the last word of the title always reflects the main thing your racing . . .and we are now racing ROBOTS!!!!:D

To be fair the press release explicitly says that the game draws from both franchises, but I don't understand either how Excite Truck can be considered a franchise in itself, since it's just one game with no sequel in sight (Excite bike had two games IIRC).

Now, what's thing thing about racing robots? Are you pulling my leg?

Teknoman

EXCITE series games has always been fun and good looking so far. Hope Bots pushes the system as well as has nice online play.

Sadist

Vinci said:
What's with the complaining about this particular title? That's my question.
For some it's not Fatal Frame IV, Disaster, Another Code, Captain Rainbow etc.

I'm with you though, I really am excited for the new Excitebots.

Vinci

Danish
El_TigroX said:
I meant the clown face, not the track or anything

Not to challenge you or anything, but who are you? People seem to be listening to you and giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't know why. I'm just curious if you're a journalist or developer ... ?

Vinci

Danish
neo2046 said:
Where are the screens........

Being kept under wraps if what El Tigro is saying is true and that they're available to the press at this time. If they aren't being posted - maybe Nintendo wants them released at a certain date and time?

No clue.

[Nintex]

GaussTek said:
Cool!

But, then I guess Mario & Luigi RPG 3 will be stated for a fall release :(
No, it's actually been released last week, that's the new strategy. Announce games after they've released!

Vinci

Danish
[Nintex] said:
No, it's actually been released last week, that's the new strategy. Announce games after they've released!

Evergreen

Advertising games after they've been out a long time has become a pretty strong feather in Nintendo's hat.

LOCK

They secretly announced Wii Sports Resort in this press release you just have to read between the lines.

The Conduit and Tiger Woods use Motion Plus and they are releasing in June probably alongside Wii Sports Resort.

I expect Iwata to announce this at GDC.

maxmars

Teknoman said:
Umm Strikers didnt seem like it sucked in the least bit.

Still one of my Wii favorites to this day. It's both fun AND technically competent, which is more than what can be said about most Wii games, expecially from two years ago.

Emotions

ASH,Soma,GLory of Heracles,Disaster,Card Hero,Captain Rainbow, Metroid Prime,Trace 2 are so missing from the list :( it sucks i want them badly.....

maxmars said:
To be fair the press release explicitly says that the game draws from both franchises, but I don't understand either how Excite Truck can be considered a franchise in itself, since it's just one game with no sequel in sight (Excite bike had two games IIRC).

Now, what's thing thing about racing robots? Are you pulling my leg?
To me that simply meant that it was apart of the EXCITE series and it's in the same vain as those 2 games. Like I said, EXCITE is a series . . . this should be as much of a "spin off" as EXCITE trucks was.

And Im saying that it's about robots because the word "bots" is short for "robots".

Vinci

Danish
Black-Wind said:
And Im saying that it's about robots because the word "bots" is short for "robots".

True, this is the most likely scenario ... but ... humor the doubters for a moment: What else could 'bots' be short for?

Make a list, have some fun.

So is Starfy only good for one region at a time? They seem to have waited for him to be sucked dry in Japan before trying him elsewhere.

frankie_baby said:
right you do realise that those numbers are for january one of the slowest months of the year and most of those 3rd party wii games were in their 3rd or even 4th month of release?

Okay using that theory explain why only 3 third party Wii titles made it into the top 20 in December.

Vinci

Danish
JoshuaJSlone said:
So is Starfy only good for one region at a time? They seem to have waited for him to be sucked dry in Japan before trying him elsewhere.

If you're about to kill the franchise off, might as well give it one last ditch attempt for relevance before sending it to the dust-bin.

Vinci said:
True, this is the most likely scenario ... but ... humor the doubters for a moment: What else could 'bots' be short for?

Make a list, have some fun.
OK!

. . . NanoBOTs. (Doing tricks all up in yo blood stream!)

AutoBOTs (Nintendo working with the good guy transformers for a EXCITE transformer game!)

Birds Of Tokyo?

GC|Simon

Vinci said:
Not to challenge you or anything, but who are you? People seem to be listening to you and giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't know why. I'm just curious if you're a journalist or developer ... ?

He seems to be the only one in his whole thread who already saw the game. I mean, if some magazines and websites know of it... why is he the only one talking about it? Don't missunderstand me, but I'm a little bit sceptical...

Vinci

Danish
dialmydrive said:
Okay using that theory explain why only 3 third party Wii titles made it into the top 20 in December.

Ah yes, the Top 20. The only positions in which a game sells ever.
I'm thinking you should listen to Segata and just stop.

EDIT: @ Black-Wind: Birds of Tokyo sounds promising.

botticus

dialmydrive said:
I guess publishers should be equally concerned about 360 development. Only FOUR third party 360 titles made it into the top 20 in December.

Top Bottom