• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA bringing over a star from the east!

Ranger X

Hudson!!

The fuck happened to Kororinpa 2? This baby will be pushed back or something? It was supposed to be released in America.

Stafy is such a mediocre franchise. I can't believe people are still excited about this.

Excitebot on the other hand could be awesome if MG is the developer. The mini-games part doesn't sound very promising but if it is up to par with Excitetruck then I don't care.

Ranger X

I'm really looking forward to Night Game and i'm curious about Swords And Soldiers.

Can't hurt to have some Starfy indeed.

[Nintex] said:
Where are the screens?

CAPGOD: Best way to announce a game, in-game footage, screenshots and Q&A with developers!

Nintendo: Worst way to announce a game, announcement... nothing

i love mistery myself

rhino4evr

Rash said:
I, personally, would like to see the game localized. But, honestly, I have already played it, so localization isn't a big deal for me. In fact, for a lot of fans it's merely just about the principle of the thing. Just like any unlocalized game, we feel that some standout titles just deserve their chance in other regions.

I just finished the fan translated version and agree that I think it should be localized, however I completely understand why it hasn't. It's way too strange and controversial for mainstream America, or at least Nintendo of America. I found it to be absolutely hilarious though, the last dungeon was one of the most memorable in a long time. You can never get enough toilet and homosexual humor in a videogame.

I can list many many reasons why Nintendo will never bring it over.

dialmydrive said:
There has been alot of discussion within various media outlets based on current Wii software sales trends. Not only in media but forums as well and you can bet your ass that Nintendo monitors forums. Wii third party sales are of great concern to publishers considering putting more money and man hours into the platform because of its reputation. I don't see sales beyond what is posted here but the perception out there is that the only thing that sells on the Wii well enough on a regular basis to hit the top 20 is first party software. Is there any truth to this? Based on top 20, sure but I don't know about third party publishers bottom lines. According to Nintendo's PR everything seems to be fine. Maybe they issued the PR to help ease concerns of various partners?
Summary: I don't know shit.

Ranger X said:
Hudson!!

The fuck happened to Kororinpa 2? This baby will be pushed back or something? It was supposed to be released in America.

Noooo!! After doing my preview I was so looking forward to playing the game SOON. :(

EDIT:

kottila said:
Incomplete list.

I sure hope so. :(

bryehn

Ranger X said:
Hudson!!

It must be coming, they've sent out preview builds...

Punch-Out box looks like shovelware, "Excitebots: Trick Racing" sounds like shovelware. Barely any information or, god forbid, media on either so close to their release. Epic ball-dropping continues.

Lame.

Punch Out and Rhythm Heaven are coming out a bit later than I was hoping for.

Fuck NoA for no Layton 2, no Trace Memory 2, the absence of the many overdue localizations for Wii and DS alike, and for choosing to bring over staphylococcus instead.

Azure J

You know, half of the reason why the Starfy announcement is big imo is because of the idea that it could mean more surprise localizations. Unfortunately, it seems that people are all too doom and gloom to even see that possibility way out in the distance.

Also, you people who are saying that the Punch-Out box art is shovelware like hurt my inner gamer. :(

Segata Sanshiro said:
You're lacking information and making incorrect conclusions based on that.

Thanks to a special friend for the edit. Here is some good information that supports my observation.

In the top 20 - 9 were for Wii. 4 were first party and 5 were third party. Combining those, Wii first party sold something like 1.6 million total and third party sold something like 415,000

BrodiemanTTR said:
Punch-Out box looks like shovelware, "Excitebots: Trick Racing" sounds like shovelware. Barely any information or, god forbid, media on either so close to their release. Epic ball-dropping continues.

Lame.
Excite Bike, Excite Truck, Excitebots all sound like shovelware, so adding trick racing doesn't do much. Good games have good word of mouth, it's the marketing that they need to worry about. Punch-Out looks awesome.

kottila said:
Incomplete list.

It better be. I need some Tiger Woods on the DS in June. If I can't make it to the course as much as I want this summer, I sure as heck want something on the good ol' portable.

kottila

dialmydrive said:
Thanks to a special friend for the edit. Here is some good information that supports my observation.

In the top 20 - 9 were for Wii. 4 were first party and 5 were third party. Combining those, Wii first party sold something like 1.6 million total and third party sold something like 415,000

Using the same method, how much did third party PS3 software sell?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tiger Woods and EA Tennis are shipping June 16, so we know Wii Sports Resort will be before that.

Rhythym Heaven! Bout fucking time.

Starfy release gives me hope that Nintendo will actually bother to localize some of their other games long after they've lost their relevancy. Captain Rainbow GotY 2016 confirmed!

Ranger X said:
Hudson!!

PR said:
Below is a partial list of upcoming games for Wii and Nintendo DS. Note that game titles and launch dates are subject to change.
partial list

Anyway, they released a trailer last week saying it's on track for May, although my Amazon preorder still thinks it's shipping in March.

Jammy

Banned
dialmydrive said:

Now let's take into account the difference in development costs, not to mention what the outcome on other systems like PS3, PSP, PS2, DS, etc. were.

kottila said:
Using the same method, how much did third party PS3 software sell?
108k.

Jammy said:
Now let's take into account the difference in development costs, not to mention what the outcome on other systems like PS3, PSP, PS2, DS, etc. were.
You mean let's take into account every damn game not in the top 20?

evilromero said:
You can't see the excite because it took a dump all over your face. That's why you can't see. I know that's gross but that's what happened.

timav.jpg

[Nintex]

big black woman said:
whos developing punch-out?
Next Level Games, the guys that did Mario Strikers Charged Football.

If you swapped out the vehicles for the old trucks, it would look nearly identical to Excite Truck.

The clown faces look like gates of some sort - the cards do look like items/powerups.

No idea about online mode.
Sounds like a mindfuck, I like

dialmydrive said:

You're still lacking information and you're still making incorrect conclusions based on that.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
YES YES YES YES YES

News totally made my day!!!!!

What is that "DJ Star" game for DS?

dialmydrive said:

right you do realise that those numbers are for january one of the slowest months of the year and most of those 3rd party wii games were in their 3rd or even 4th month of release?

frankie_baby said:
right you do realise that those numbers are for january one of the slowest months of the year and most of those 3rd party wii games were in their 3rd or even 4th month of release?
All third party sales are shit because publishers just realised now that Nintendo games sell more. Obvious isn't it?

BikoBiko

Ranger X said:
Hudson!!

It'll be released in Europe April 30th, knowing Hudson the US release date won't be to far off.

Rancid Mildew said:
Fuck NoA for no Layton 2, no Trace Memory 2.
. . . Will people stop saying that? It's most likely coming later than summer . . . just like the DS TM game came out 3 or something months after the UK release.

ZAK

dialmydrive said:

You still haven't shown that support is waning. Honestly, that barely even seems possible. Anyway, if anything, the trend seems to be going the other way, though slowly, especially if you don't give much weight to lip service.

Vinci

Danish
Dear lord, we finally hear something - even what is likely to be a sequel to the best Wii game at launch - and people can't even be happy about that? Don't get me wrong, this release list is missing a ton of shit that I'd like to see too - but we're even ripping on the next game in the Excite series?

Sadist

Vinci said:
Dear lord, we finally hear something - even what is likely to be a sequel to the best Wii game at launch - and people can't even be happy about that? Don't get me wrong, this release list is missing a ton of shit that I'd like to see too - but we're even ripping on the next game in the Excite series?

Step 1: Game announcement
The Internet: oh, new games!

Step 2: who is the developer?
The Internet: Nintendo? That can't be right, they don't make games!!!

Neo Samus

I'm really excited (no pun intened) for excitebots. Like many of you in this thread, I played the hell out it when it came out (I still need to buy it....don't kill me!) Also Punch-Out!! looks like a winner in my books. Now, where is NPC! Metroid Prime 1 and 2?

AzureJericho said:
You know, half of the reason why the Starfy announcement is big imo is because of the idea that it could mean more surprise localizations. Unfortunately, it seems that people are all too doom and gloom to even see that possibility way out in the distance.

Also, you people who are saying that the Punch-Out box art is shovelware like hurt my inner gamer. :(
Yeah, Im super happy for this! Like I said, it was NoJ who wanted to keep Starfy from coming over here . . . so if that wall has fallen . . . :D

And people . . . I hope you know that EXCITE seems to just be a series name. Thats why we have EXCITE bike and EXCITE truck and now EXCITE Bots. It's not a "spin off" because the last word of the title always reflects the main thing your racing . . .and we are now racing ROBOTS!!!!:D

Top Bottom