• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 PS+ Games - BOI, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Syn, Luftrausers, Escape Plan

Indeed.

its becoming the " gonna cancel my pre-order" stuff from earlier discussions.

if BOI is vita compatible i want to see how it works now with actual controller support/movement.

Default is D-Pad/left stick = move; face buttons/right stuck = attack; shoulder buttons/touch pad = bombs/items/map toggle/etc.

-griffy-

Banned
Well it is on Steam....

Not yet...
aWbR9d2.png

B.O.O.M

:S don't like em..expected something more interesting/exciting since it's Novemeber (a push by sony bring in more new PS+ members cuz of the holidays)

oh well

EhoaVash

blegh ..i was hoping for sony to give people a retail AAA game cough cough infamous for ..their awful handling of the Driveclub situation

..T_T

guess I'll play these 2 games for 10 minutes ...again

All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

This.

It's starting to get old every month. Take your complaints to the PS Blog or something.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
blegh ..i was hoping for sony to give people a retail AAA game cough cough infamous for ..their awful handling of the Driveclub situation

..T_T

guess I'll play these 2 games for 10 minutes ...again

Oh yeah, still no Driveclub demo eh ? I forgot about that one already.

Well it is on Steam....
Yeah, but you'd have to pay additional money there. Why would you spend $15 when it's already on a service you subscribed to?

It's like saying that because I can buy DVD sets of Sons Of Anarchy that I should be mad when Netflix updates with new Sons Of Anarchy episodes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Synapse not being cross buy could be smart thinking, perhaps encouraging vita owners to buy after playing on PS3. I'm kind of relieved as I just bought it for full price at release.

One more indie game being made PS+ just after I bought it and I think I'd stop buying any on day one

Personally games should either debut on plus, or not come out until at least 3-6 months after launch

Looking forward to Binding of Issac and Escape Plan. I don't know anything about Steamworld Dig, but I'll give it a shot.

Steamworld Dig surprised me. I thought I'd like it but I actually couldn't stop thinking about it until I was done and ended up playing the whole thing in a couple of sittings. It's not a long game or anything, but it's really ace.

super lame month(yet AGAIN). that steamworld game is doodoo, i got it on pc. is Luft. at least cross buy so i can play it on my vita? if not then theres absolutely nothing i want this month.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
And yet another month of nothing I care at all about and the only reason I'll bother to put them in my cart is just in case. And still seeming to point that they are going to rely on indies only for PS+ (hell, is there any retail game in that at all? Shoot, the least retail stuff for PS3 was really old stuff. Last year we were getting games that weren't even a year old and had gotten a lot of good vibes like Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite <- which I didn't like but I knew it still got a lot of good praise and was newish so it didn't worry me when they included it cause it fit the pattern that I liked).

I'm sorry, anyone who says they haven't cheapened out on PS+ is ignoring the pattern they've been showing for *months*. ANd shoot, for me it's to the point I just don't care at all about the games they give out so it's not a good bargain for me. I'd rather them give out a few PSP games than just indies for Vita. And yes, I know that's just my personal preference, but here's the thing... they are now only catering to those that really tend to get into indies (and in general platform games). So I know I am not the only person they are leaving out.

I'm sure this works for them. Indies are probably easier to get and convince cause it gives them more marketing where as popular retail games don't need that as much. And indies probably are easier to persuade because it's a cheaper way for them to get marketing.

But the reason I was wowed by PS+ was because they had gotten some really good retail games that weren't that old. And for the few indies I get interested in, PS+ is not a bargain really. They're cheap enough and I don't get interested in near enough to really make it a worthwhile purchase.
Last year? This year? IT'S ALL THE SAME YEAR!!
You don't remember these 3 consecutive months?
March PS+ said:

Like, holy crap, this was just in June.
June PS+ said:

People have such amazingly short term memories.

All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

I love you. Great post!

-PXG-

SMFH @ people assuming Rebirth is just a port and not an entirely new game. People are too damn lazy to use Google. Shit.

Also, what's this irrational hatred towards indies? I guess being retail or "AAA" automatically makes a game better. Yeah, ok. Besides Knack or some sports game from last year, what retail game do you guys honestly think would be eligible for PS+? Think about that one for a sec.

Flandy

Last year? This year? IT'S ALL THE SAME YEAR!!
You don't remember these 3 consecutive months?

Like, holy crap, this was just in June.

People have such amazingly short term memories.

I'm disappointed because I do remember these consecutive 3 months. Did the IGC get a budget cut or something? I'd think they would want to add some retail titles for the holidays but I guess not.

reminder

I know it's popular to hate those PS+ offerings, but this is, again, not a bad month for me. The Hungry Horde, Frozen Synapse, Luftrausers, Steamworld Dig and Binding of Isaac: rebirth? Count me in!

Krakn3Dfx

Don't own any of these currently, going to be an excellent month for people who don't just automatically shit on smaller titles.

These are the free games? I know I sound like an ingrate, but there's nothing there that I want to play. Haven't played any of those, not interested in trying.

Well, at least you understand exactly how you sound.

RK128

What a great line up :D!

Got SteamWorld and Luftrausers when they came out via PS+ discount and I loved them :); the former just sucks you in and you will be surprised how much you spend playing that (I caught myself playing through the whole game across....3/4 five hour shifts XD) while the latter is great for some quick fun :).

BOI: Rebirth is going to be awesome (love what saw of the original online; dark twisted story wrapped around Zelda 1-like gameplay :D) and being able to try out Escape Plan should be nice on Vita :).

Hope FS is cross-buy with the Vita version; seems like the perfect game to play on Vita....

Either way, great month for PS+ :D.

For people who hate Indie games, next month should be for you :D. It will be December and it would be really smart if they gave a 'present' out to PS4 owners in some form, so maybe Killzone or Infamous would be a PS+ Extra game for that month or something :).

whoszed

I can personally vouch for Steamworld Dig. It's so much fun. And it only gets better as you uncover more mechanics along the way down.

Why are people expecting DriveClub for a second month? That's already guaranteed especially since that was October's offering. November is completely different and will receive new games. Driveclub Plus edition doesn't stop existing because of that. Weird....

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm disappointed because I do remember these consecutive 3 months. Did the IGC get a budget cut or something? I'd think they would want to add some retail titles for the holidays but I guess not.
PS+ did kick into overdrive in November last year. But it stayed there until March. So I'm guessing something more familiar in December onwards as we creep towards earnings reports and the like.

Top Bottom