• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 PS+ Games - BOI, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Syn, Luftrausers, Escape Plan

Empty

cool to have more people play luftrausers. though they've been almost giving it away in sales recently.

The PS3 port is launching straight to PS+. It's not Cross-Buy with the Vita version, so I doubt that will also be a part of this month's PS+ lineup.

dammit

Personally disappointed with the month. Good for some people, but not for me. Didn't like BoI, didn't like Frozen Synapse, sort of liked Luftrauser (feels more like a mobile time waster than an honest arcade test of skill due to how luck-heavy it is), and already own Steamworld Dig (in my backlog). Hungry Horde doesn't look very good but maybe it'll surprise me. Will probably give Escape Plan a try.

Fireblend

Banned
All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

jvvezz.gif

The PS+ stuff has gotten so much worse while Xbox's free stuff has been blowing it out lately. The discounts & sales have been lame too. I hope Sony isn't just coasting because they're doing well now.

delSai

To the best of my knowledge, Hungry Horde is a Vita exclusive, and it appears that Frozen Synapse Prime is not cross-buy. Everything else is PS4/Vita cross-buy, with the exception of Luftrausers which is PS3/Vita cross-buy.
Sucks that Synapse isn't crossbuy, feels like it's a good fit for Vita.

ArmageddB

I thought this might be a big push for the Playstation TV, but I only see Steamworld Dig and Luftrausers on the compatibility list.

Also, if you don't own a Vita, what are you doing??!!

Tigress

And yet another month of nothing I care at all about and the only reason I'll bother to put them in my cart is just in case. And still seeming to point that they are going to rely on indies only for PS+ (hell, is there any retail game in that at all? Shoot, the least retail stuff for PS3 was really old stuff. Last year we were getting games that weren't even a year old and had gotten a lot of good vibes like Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite <- which I didn't like but I knew it still got a lot of good praise and was newish so it didn't worry me when they included it cause it fit the pattern that I liked).

I'm sorry, anyone who says they haven't cheapened out on PS+ is ignoring the pattern they've been showing for *months*. ANd shoot, for me it's to the point I just don't care at all about the games they give out so it's not a good bargain for me. I'd rather them give out a few PSP games than just indies for Vita. And yes, I know that's just my personal preference, but here's the thing... they are now only catering to those that really tend to get into indies (and in general platform games). So I know I am not the only person they are leaving out.

I'm sure this works for them. Indies are probably easier to get and convince cause it gives them more marketing where as popular retail games don't need that as much. And indies probably are easier to persuade because it's a cheaper way for them to get marketing.

But the reason I was wowed by PS+ was because they had gotten some really good retail games that weren't that old. And for the few indies I get interested in, PS+ is not a bargain really. They're cheap enough and I don't get interested in near enough to really make it a worthwhile purchase.

Binding of Isaac is a pretty great game to stream. I played SteamWorld Dig a bit on 3DS and so far it's been okay but I'll check it out on PS4 anyway.

Looking forward to Luftrausers though I haven't touched my PS3 much lately.

Don't know what Frozen Synapse is tbh.

Takao

Banned
PS+ might change some things but this is how it should look:

Binding of Isaac - Cross-Buy with Vita and PS4
Luftrausers - Cross-Buy with Vita and PS3
Escape Plan - Cross-Buy with Vita and PS4
Steamworld Dig - Cross-Buy with Vita and PS4
Frozen Synapse Prime - NOT Cross-Buy with Vita and PS3
Hungry Horde - Only available on Vita

VLiberty

6 Vita games. holy fuck

The only one I already own is SWD and I got that for free as well so no loss on my side.

Was interested in Luft and EP, and curious about the other three. No AAA at all make this just a good month though

zruben

Banned
All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

plot twist: they don't have PS Plus memberships.

Piccoro

I can't believe that Vita will have 6 games! I hope the EU lineup is the same as US. It should be, the previous two or free months were...

Thanks.
I approve of this message. Also I'd always get new indie games I haven't played before over old retail games I skipped a year ago because I wasn't interested in them then.

mdubs

Banned

Thanks.

You bet I will once I finish Zero Escape, Kingdoms of Amalur and Deus Ex and my subscription lapses in June. Until then I will keep expressing my opinion about the service I'm paying for at the moment.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Seems like a good month for the Vita. The games range from meh to okay, but at least they'll all be available on the troubled handheld.

Glad more people get to play Sreamworld Dig and perfect use of Plus from the developer's perspective as it could generate a lot of interest in Steamworld Heist

DryvBy

Rebirth is not available for 2$ anywhere on this planet. It's a new game that's being released next month. It'll be 15$ on Steam.

A new game that is a remake...

And people want to complain about Activision/EA/Ubi releasing expensive stuff.

Tigress

plot twist: they don't have PS Plus memberships.

Plot twist, I already have 2 years of PS+ prepaid so it's going to be a while before my membership expires. And unless there is some MP game I really must play on PS4, yes, I will let it expire unless things change.

I watched a Steamworld Dig stream one time and thought it looked really cool.
Is it kind of like Spelunky if you were to concentrate on mining stuff more? Dynamic levels and such?
I'm quite interested in both the PS4 offerings!

You bet I will once I finish Zero Escape, Kingdoms of Amalur and Deus Ex and my subscription lapses in June. Until then I will keep expressing my opinion about the service I'm paying for at the moment.

Yep. It's like no one is allowed to criticize the service they are subscribed to.

I turned off auto renewal, but I still have half of a year left on it, so until then, I will bitch all I want as long as Sony keeps giving us garbage like this.

autoduelist

Awesome month. Very diverse range of games, from zelda-esque to arcade action to turn based strategy. Lots of established gold -- BOI, Luftrausers, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Synapse.

I don't understand the posters who admit to not even downloading/trying the games they hate on.

Muzy72

Banned
What a glorious month. Excited for BoI, and I'll probsvly replay SteamWorld Dig on PS4 (already played on 3DS).

Thanks.

This. Give me good games, that's all I ask. This month is great because of that. I value my PS+ subscription based on the quality of games I get out of it, not the budget behind the games.

Yep. It's like no one is allowed to criticize the service they are subscribed to.

I turned off auto renewal, but I still have half of a year left on it, so until then, I will bitch all I want as long as Sony keeps giving us garbage like this.

Question: Is it garbage because the games are bad or because they're indie?

BumRush

Binding of Isaac and Steamworld are A+ for me. Haven't played either and I've heard great things.

I'm starting to realize I'm never going to play my PS3 again. Anyone want an 80GB in excellent condition?

Thanks.

Best post in thread.

RPG

All I want is MGR:Revengeance for Plus in NA... I know as soon as I cave and pick it up, it'll be (finally) announced the next month.

-griffy-

Banned
Binding of Isaac is regularly on sale for under $2. Right now it's on GamersGate for $1.25.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a NEW game, available for preorder on Steam for $15 for release on November 4.

It sounds like you know virtually nothing about the game. For the type of game BOI is and what they are adding in Rebirth it is effectively a sequel.

OneUh8

Good month imo. 3 games again on PS4. BOI and Steamworld Dig should both be really good. Heard nothing but great things about Steamworld Dig when it came out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I watched a Steamworld Dig stream one time and thought it looked really cool.
Is it kind of like Spelunky if you were to concentrate on mining stuff more? Dynamic levels and such?
I'm quite interested in both the PS4 offerings!

It's more of a metroidvania with digging. It's about 4 hours long, but it's fun while it lasts. It's nothing like Spelunky.

mclem

Will probably give Escape Plan a try.

As an adventure fan, for me, Escape Plan was mediocre. Did what it did pretty well, but was *significantly* less interesting and expansive a title than I was hoping for.

The intent was good, and stylistically the game was spot-on, but I found it annoyingly limiting when I wanted something more. That might, however, be my expectations not being in check.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Damn. So no Frozen Synapse Vita... I already own Luftwausers too. Hungry Horde is looking like what I want though.
I remember the good old days when we got things like Bioshock Infinite, DMC for PS3 and even got games like Zero Escape and Blazblue for Vita. Too bad.
January 2014 and June 2013? PS+ was garbage pre-May 2013, especially in the US.

MUnited83

For you.

It's much more than a remake, and has shitloads of new content. It's basically a new game which has some content from the old one.

Top Bottom