• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 PS+ Games - BOI, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Syn, Luftrausers, Escape Plan

Toki767

All I want is MGR:Revengeance for Plus in NA... I know as soon as I cave and pick it up, it'll be (finally) announced the next month.

It's not going to happen since NA and EU get the exact same lineup now. EU also got the MGS Collection on Vita a while back. Probably never coming to NA either.

"PS Vita has no games"

Well fuck, no retail game for PS3, fuck it, I have a way too big backlog, and even as I wanted at least one big game... fuck it.

My PS Vita will continue to have a lot of love... 6 games this month? Bring them

Lucifon

Are we sure Frozen Synapse isn't cross buy with Vita? I really hope it is :( I would love it on vita but that pricepoint is OTT.

This. Give me good games, that's all I ask. This month is great because of that. I value my PS+ subscription based on the quality of games I get out of it, not the budget behind the games.

Question: Is it garbage because the games are bad or because they're indie?

It's garbage because they're giving away games I played and beat and owned a long time ago. And two bad Vita games.

All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

Indeed.

its becoming the " gonna cancel my pre-order" stuff from earlier discussions.

if BOI is vita compatible i want to see how it works now with actual controller support/movement.

I almost bought frozen synapse yesterday. Saved myself $20 I guess. I know it says for PS3 but here's hoping for the vita version too.

Really excited for that and BOI

SxP

Excited for Binding of Isaac and Escape Plan. Hopefully Frozen Synapse is also for Vita, that would make this month even better.

autoduelist

Nope.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth - $15
Steamworld Dig - $10
Frozen Synapse - $25 (that's the Steam price, not sure what the PS3 game will go for)
Luftrausers - $10
Escape Plan - $15
The Hungry Horde - ?

Cost of subscription, somewhere between $2.5 and $4.16 per month for a year subscription. Awesome service.

mdubs

Banned
Yep. It's like no one is allowed to criticize the service they are subscribed to.

I turned off auto renewal, but I still have half of a year left on it, so until then, I will bitch all I want as long as Sony keeps giving us garbage like this.

And the people in the other thread who are saying we can't criticize Sony for PSN not consistently working the way it should be. The PS+ defence force never ceases to amaze me.

I watched a Steamworld Dig stream one time and thought it looked really cool.
Is it kind of like Spelunky if you were to concentrate on mining stuff more? Dynamic levels and such?
I'm quite interested in both the PS4 offerings!

It's a brilliant game, but it's almost nothing like Spelunky beyond being 2D. It's not a game you'll replay over and over like Spelunky is, it's more of a "get to the end and you're done," kind of game, beyond replaying for trophies.

theRizzle

I guess I'm in the minority 'cause I really like the Indie stuff they've been offering on the PS4.

These are the types of games I almost never buy and frequently miss out on (except for the higher profile stuff like Spelunky). The reason I never buy them is the $10-$15 price point is a little too much for me to spend on a game that I might play for 20-30 minutes once a month (or just once).

DryvBy

All you people who keep saying you're going to cancel PS+ because you hate indie games or "PS+ is shit now," can you actually go ahead and cancel it? These threads will be so much happier when they're filled only with people who can appreciate games for being good instead of having large budgets.

Thanks.

No, because some of us don't like the indie games given. I absolutely hate BOI, I find it to be nothing more than an bland and expensive (in this case, free) flash game.

I'm sorry some people want things we were getting last year, and the year before, and the year before. Dragon's Dogma is a great example of why Plus was amazing. BOI and the likes of all these games are not an example of why Plus was a good deal to me. If it were Hotline Miami, something that's interesting and a lot of fun to play and listen to, then sure. Great deal. But the content is becoming less and less appealing.

Of course this is my opinion, but that's why people are going to complain. If you don't like customers complaining about the stuff we're getting, skip over the posts that are complaining. Y

VLiberty

Glad more people get to play Sreamworld Dig and perfect use of Plus from the developer's perspective as it could generate a lot of interest in Steamworld Heist
I wouldn't count on this. I thought the same about TxK and no fucking one played that for more than 10 minutes once it went on plus. The trophies for just finishing half/all the levels bumped on top of my rarest trophy chart.

jyoung188

Nice! I'm interested in trying Binding of Isaac and I'll replay Steamworld Dig on thee ps4 since I played it on the 3ds a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

ypo

Yep. It's like no one is allowed to criticize the service they are subscribed to.

I turned off auto renewal, but I still have half of a year left on it, so until then, I will bitch all I want as long as Sony keeps giving us garbage like this.

These games aren't garbage you mental midget. You have issues if you can only tell whether a game is good or not based solely on its budget.

Incredible lineup. Frozen Synapse is such a good game, good to see it get a console release. Sadly I already own all the PS4/PS3 games but great games regardless.

Oh, wait. Sorry. I mean meh, indies.

Croc

Banned
This is amazing. I've been waiting sooo long for Rebirth and to also get Steamworld in the same month? I've heard great things so I'm excited to try that too.

Takao

Banned
Are we sure Frozen Synapse isn't cross buy with Vita? I really hope it is :( I would love it on vita but that pricepoint is OTT.

Double Eleven (the dev/pub of this version) said on Twitter last night that FSP on PS3 won't support Cross-Buy, Save or Play. Sony could pull a Dragon's Crown and enable Cross-Buy on PS+, but I wouldn't bet on that.

And the people in the other thread who are saying we can't criticize Sony for PSN not consistently working the way it should be. The PS+ defence force never ceases to amaze me.
People aren't annoyed because people are complaining, people are annoyed because the majority of the complaints are really dumb, petty, or obvious whenever you enter a subscription service. It's usually either "Eww, an indie game.", or "I already played this already."

Percy

Banned
It'd be interesting to see what people so hostile to games with budgets below a certain threshold would consider a "good" month on these services... if only to see if they themselves would even know what would constitute a good month.

Anyone want to make a thread asking about it? ;)

The PS+ stuff has gotten so much worse while Xbox's free stuff has been blowing it out lately. The discounts & sales have been lame too. I hope Sony isn't just coasting because they're doing well now.

Not seeing that at all.

Top Bottom