• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestling in the 90s
524294_579374252081234_1806814062_n.jpg

Wrestling today
15ULPWl.gif

I think lifting is fun and healthy. I enjoy it. But fuck it, I'll say it - the "bodybuilder look" is just plain unnatural, the male equivalent of women with overlarge breast implants. Arnold looks alright in that pic, but in other pics in that thread, the aesthetic is just plain freaky, even on the supposed GOAT. I'm GLAD most dudes don't look like that anymore. It makes the ones who do stand out more, anyway.

Ithil

Bryan's bulked up a lot since his arrival. So have Rollins and Ambrose.
I expect over the next few years Sami Zayn and Sami Callihan will bulk up too.

Obviously guys like Cesaro and Adrian Neville came in shredded.

Heel

Embarrassing lack of striation. I know a doctor in Texas that'll fix these boys right up if they happen to need some "anti-inflammatories" for a "rib strain"

R2E6kek.jpg

bjork

I think for a wrestler, a guy somewhere between a Bret/Owen build and an Eddie Guerrero build are what I like best. Not too thin, not too bulky, and able to be mobile.

But I hold an exception for Warrior on the day of Wrestlemania 6.

somedevil

The promotion announced four live event dates for January, and two shows are slated to emanate from high schools (in Arkansas and Tennessee). Adding to the uniqueness, tickets to the Tennessee event are being sold through a cupcake shop—HaliHannigan's Cupcakery

I'm not sure if this unique or sad.

bjork

Benoit's son should wrestle in WWE in a full black bodysuit, head covered and all.

Really, he should get the same chance anyone else would get, but I can't see that happening at all. Even if they renamed him or whatever, they're so afraid of press surrounding Chris Benoit.

At the same time, they could play it up like "Hey, we're moving past the tragedy and giving this up-and-comer the same chance any other young wrestler would get!" They would never have to mention his dad on television or in press releases (only mentioning it at press conferences when it's brought up), he could have a totally different gimmick (and bar him from EVER doing the Crossface or headbutt), etc.

Though why you'd wanna be a pro wrestler when your pro wrestler father killed his family pretty much as a direct result of concussions and drug use stemming from said profession is more difficult to understand. Good on him for sticking with a dream, I guess, but it's odd, nevertheless, and I wouldn't really blame the 'E for staying clear of such a minefield, especially since the subject is probably still incredibly emotional for most of their present and future employees.

bjork

I would imagine that seeing the life your parents could provide for you through their profession over that of your classmates or whatever, might be a factor. Or, before he killed people, seeing how well-respected his father was, hearing the crowd pop and all that. Or, maybe he wants to prove that the apple can fall far from the tree. There's a lot of things that could be at play, really.

I would imagine that seeing the life your parents could provide for you through their profession over that of your classmates or whatever, might be a factor. Or, before he killed people, seeing how well-respected his father was, hearing the crowd pop and all that. Or, maybe he wants to prove that the apple can fall far from the tree. There's a lot of things that could be at play, really.

I get that. Just saying, my own reaction would be to push away and make my own path.

It's especially tough because, while he'll never get the advantage of being a second generation superstar, he'll probably still be thought of and judged as one, and Benoit is NOT a person you want to be compared to, given his in-ring incomparability.

Have you guys seen the commercial for the new Hobbit movie? Why do they say 'Smaug' like that? It sounds like a Trey Parker voiceover for a South Park parody, "Smah-oog".

Have you guys seen the commercial for the new Hobbit movie? Why do they say 'Smaug' like that? It sounds like a Trey Parker voiceover for a South Park parody, "Smah-oog".

You know everytime I see that commercial I say Smaug in Cartman's voice.

It's a simple move but Reigns has a great Irish whip

Some things just feel right. Wyatts/Shield was one of those things, and WWE seem to have dropped the ball on that, for now.

Hopefully they see the potential in Big E and Mark having a partnership/alliance.

somedevil

Some things just feel right. Wyatts/Shield was one of those things, and WWE seem to have dropped the ball on that, for now.

Hopefully they see the potential in Big E and Mark having a partnership/alliance.

I think they are saving this Wyatt vs Shield for WrestleMania. Give it more time because Reigns needs it before his single push.

Also, this match has gone on for over 35 minutes of tv time. They basically said we have an hour to kill put out the best workers and good acts and let them go. Also, they are protecting Bray right now. So when he faces Bryan he can make him look like a real threat.

Top Bottom