• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
keefnah.jpg
keefnah.jpg
keefnah.jpg

Brinbe

RIP buttons

seriously, no one wants this garbage.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BUTTONS, NINTENDO???

HOW? God fuck, how do companies continually ruin what should be a slam dunk industry.

JCX

I'm not worried about ergonomics. Both 3DS and Vita are uncomfortable for me, so I just use grips if it gets that bad.

MrV4ltor

Didn't Iwata say something about how physical buttons were important and that's the reason why they won't port stuff straight to mobile? I'm still really sceptical.

Fawk Nin

Definitely looks more legit than the previous photo. Doesn't look all that comfortable to hold.

I'm intrigued though.

Handheld or controller is the question?

otakukidd

Still saying this is real cause no big news agencies followed the other picture and they usually will post anything. The only reason they wouldn't is cause they are under NDA. They don't even have to say it's real just post hey look this could be a thing.

scitek

Let's say this is real for a second, and it's a controller for the home console.

Are you expected to just memorize where the virtual buttons are, or do you only play the console on the controller?

Presumably they can move between games, so it's not always the same spot.

I guess you could try to hold your controller below the TV you're looking at so you can see both at once until you learn it?

Yeah, this seems like an awful idea.

KingJ2002

Trying to force Nintendo's hand in giving up information on the NX with these leaks.

Looks legit... just need to see it in context or else it's just a screen with nubs.

Let's say this is real for a second, and it's a controller for the home console.

Are you expected to just memorize where the virtual buttons are, or do you only play the console on the controller?

Presumably they can move between games, so it's not always the same spot.

I guess you could try to hold your controller below the TV you're looking at so you can see both at once until you learn it?

Haptic feedback is presumably being used according to the same rumors, so you'd get some sort of tactile feeling and resistance when you touch the buttons on the screen

I do like how sleek it is. I'm willing to give it a shot provided that Ninty knocks it out of the park with its proper reveal. My only worry at this moment is D-pad space.

Ok, I believe the previous thread's images then. These look legit and tough to fake. This is real isn't it?

I am intrigued, that is for sure.

ViciousDS

Banned
god damn it nintendo.....between this and the stupid iteration consoles......uh

This E3 is looking to be a fucking shit one and I'm only looking forward to none of these things hoping to be there.

Fuck the future of gaming.....except for PC apparently

Assuming this is legit then the button feedback will make or break the controller and possibly the entire success of the console.

Teeth

What is the purpose of having screen space around the sticks? Why have an inch of screen to the right of the right stick and left of the left stick?

Who thought of this? I'm completely baffled as to what the point of this is (if it's real).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom