• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
Big Zep said:
Decisions...Do I buy tickets for the WhiteSox or Tiggers?
It depends? Do you want to watch the Phils probably sweep a series? See the Sox. Wanna see a competitive series? See the Tiggers.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
White Sox will probably suck extra bad against the Phillies because half the team is going to go out and get loaded with Aaron Rowand every night, and thus be hungover when they play.

Row is pretty much still best friends with AJ and Crede.

Zep

Banned
Eminem said:
White Sox will probably suck extra bad against the Phillies because half the team is going to go out and get loaded with Aaron Rowand every night.

:lol

Whitesox game is also during the week... :-/ Those are never fun.

rc213

Breaking News! Dodger Stadium seconds after the implosion!

4t6us90.gif

Joe

joe torre the first person ever to 2,000 hits as a player and 2,000 wins as a manager. doesn't matter what you think of him, that's pretty WOW.

think the phillies would trade rowand for farnsworth? seems like a good match if philly thinks they can fix him.

Joe

what's so bad about that? farnsworth has the ability to be a top flight reliever, it will just never be with the yankees.

edit: i was under the assumption rowand was on the market because the phillies needed relief help but i can't find anything on it. i may have heard it on the radio.

and apparently white sox and yankees have talked about dye for abreu straight up. but abreu is on point right now so it probably won't happen anymore.

Joe said:
what's so bad about that? farnsworth has the ability to be a top flight reliever, it will just never be with the yankees.

edit: i was under the assumption rowand was on the market because the phillies needed relief help but i can't find anything on it. i may have heard it on the radio.

and apparently white sox and yankees have talked about dye for abreu straight up. but abreu is on point right now so it probably won't happen anymore.
Rowand is a damn good player who's really stepped it up a notch this year. I don't see the Phillies trading him for some bullpen help, even if they needed it.

ToxicAdam

Holy crap, another team had a 5 run ninth last night? That's the 7th time this year!

-- --

Can't wait to watch Homer Bailey pitch for the Reds tonight. I'm a sucker for the "next big thing" pitching prospect. Good news for him (and the Reds) is that Cliff Lee is on the mound for the Tribe. Who has looked utterly lost when men get on base against him this year. He hasn't shown any signs of figuring out his command issues and should probably get sent down if he has another bad night.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Mets bullpen wasted 3 good starts from the starting pitching. What a disgrace, also did the Mets forget how to score runs it looks like they need to hit home runs in order to score. Come on wake up you can't be losing to shitty ass teams like that.

Meier

Triumph Dolomite 1300cc said:
Haha, how'd you wind up becoming a junior again Meier? One too many threads tonguing the anus of a random British band?

Well, it's just a title rather than a status (still can start threads). I made a joke about some junior member repping a site no one had heard of possibly not being a coincidence and some mod took offense apparently. :lol Oh well, whatevs.

Alright my baseball friends.. I'm out of here till next week. Hold it down for me rc, Nomar, Poody, etc.!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
**** Dye for Abreu. I have no idea why we would want that

Oh hey, I'll be at tonight's White Sox/Astros game, and it's mullet night. You can get a free mullet haircut. I have long hair, I should do it.

edit:
Pitcher Mark Buehrle said if he was traded to the New York Yankees, he would call a team meeting the first day and let everyone know he would not be following Yankees policy and shaving his facial hair. ''I'll make sure it's put into my contract,'' Buehrle said.

hahaha I love you Mark

2nd edit: Hahahha the description on the White Sox website is awesome. I might actually have to do this. Though it probably depends how much I drink before the game.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/sch....jsp?c_id=cws&puid=2007_06_08_houmlb_chamlb_1

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Watching the Cubs-Braves game last night....I think the Cubs have turned the corner. They are going to win the Central by going 87-75 as the Brewers fall back to .500 and the Cards never get it together.

ianswoody

Guileless said:
Watching the Cubs-Braves game last night....I think the Cubs have turned the corner. They are going to win the Central by going 87-75 as the Brewers fall back to .500 and the Cards never get it together.

Shoot man, we'd have to have performances like Hill's every single game then. Any time the bullpen comes in before the end of the 7th, I cringe. I still think they'll get it turned around though. Especially with the young arms coming in and shaking up the "solid veterans" we have in the pen. I pray for Guzman's swift return so he can remain a solid setup man.

EDIT:
Eminem said:
Cubs aren't going anywhere with that bullpen

Short version: What he said.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Guileless said:

the cubs havent turned the corner, the braves are just playing horrible.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yes, the Braves can't hit the broad side of a barn right now. But they are immaterial: the Cubs will win the Central fairly easily. They have the best talent. They aren't going to keep blowing leads and losing 1 run games indefinitely. Soriano and Pie are going to score a shit ton of runs hitting in front of Lee and Ramirez.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Berkman is losing it mentally :\

Tamanon said:
Pirates bullpen is apparently garbage!:lol :lol

Yanks need to win tonight. Keep their winning going into tomorrow's big day. The Pirates must be uncomfortable as shit for tomorrow's game. On the road against Roger Clemens. And not just normal Roger Clemens. We've heard every ****in step Roger has made since the signing.

_Angelus_

Banned
What...we won?@@
What's with this winning thing anyways?

Good job Delgado and Wright.
Those two are heating up at the right time with the crazy schedule we have coming up.

Mets get back on track, and Jorge Sosa continues his march onward to the All-Star Game. He 's bringing this sh1t fresh for the '07 yo! :lol :lol

Code:
[U][B]Pitchers	IP	H	R       ER	BB      SO      HR	 PC-ST	  ERA[/B][/U]
J Sosa ([I]W, 6-1[/I])	8.0	4	0	0	2	5	0	116-74	  [B]2.64[/B]

_Angelus_

Banned
The Frankman said:
Mets get back on track, and Jorge Sosa continues his march onward to the All-Star Game. He 's bringing this sh1t fresh for the '07 yo! :lol :lol

Code:

Yeah i just read the box scores. Mr. Sosa is more than a surprise this year,he has proven to be a stopper when we've been bleeding from time to time. He came through and did the job tonight,damn awesome performance.

The Frankman said:

Code:

I HATE BASEBALL

Braves look absolutely pathetic tonight. Soriano pimps a HR on back-to-back nights and they don't give him any chin music. What a bunch of ****ing pussies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so is this going to be the 9th out of the last 10 home games we have lost? pathetic.

Also good to see Valentin back, but Mets lose Endy for 4-6 weeks. Ricky Ledee is back ... ugh. No timetable on Alou's return. Green may be back by next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom