• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official February 19th Primary/Caucus Thread (OBAMA wins so does McCain but really..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sangreal said:
Yeah

and he just called her Hillary Crinton :lol

The LT Gov attacked Obama which wasn't cool for an intro, but w/e. She got booed

what did the LT Gov say about Obama?

damn I hope his speech tonight is not his stump speech since Clinton took all the flavor out of it

sangreal

Smiles and Cries said:
what did the LT Gov say about Obama?

I only caught the end, but she was saying that we need to vote for Hillary because she will be a decisive leader who doesn't vote present

damn I hope his speech tonight is not his stump speech since Clinton took all the flavor out of it

I'm 90% sure it will be a slightly re-tooled stump speech. A fresh Obama speech is too rare to waste on some state party event.

sangreal

Smiles and Cries said:
yeah stump stump...

but damn is he good at it

I still hope he hits Hillary and McCain tonight

I'm sure he will go after her for the Speeches vs Solutions

And McCain for the usual reasons (even though Hillary already coopted his 'McCain admits he is weak on the Economy' bit)

Deus Ex Machina said:
When the hell is he going to write a new speech? :(

When he accepts the Nomination :D

numble

Loudninja said:
The question is, why in the hell would he have a new speech for this?
These are where the party bigwigs are at, so it's likely that they've all heard it before. Plus, Hillary seems to change it up a lot...

I agree. A new speech isn't necessary for this....but somewhere along the line he's got to come up with some brand new material or at least give it a shiny new coat.

sangreal

grandjedi6 said:
I'm betting we get a new speech for March 4th

Yeah, I think you're right. Something more akin to the NH speech, which he had to retool from a victory speech to a concession speech at the last minute

He has made many changes to his message and speech throughout, but sometimes it isn't the smartest thing to continually alter your message. If you have a good and effective message you make sure as many people hear that as possible.

It isn't particularly smart to alter a speech too much when you have a working message because then you risk people not hearing crucial aspects of your message delivered in a manner that works best.

sangreal

CowboyAstronaut said:
He has made many changes to his message and speech throughout, but sometimes it isn't the smartest thing to continually alter your message. If you have a good and effective message you make sure as many people hear that as possible.

It isn't particularly smart to alter a speech too much when you have a working message because then you risk people not hearing crucial aspects of your message delivered in a manner that works best.

Its because he is giving in to Hillary's BS about needing more specifics in the speech.

The NYTimes actually just ran an article about how he has changed his speech in response to her attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/us/politics/17obama.html

I think its a trap and he should ignore her. No need to bring himself down to her level. He has beat her left and right with his message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom