• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

Most teams play with 15 minute quarters though.
The NFL's popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

kinda silly to talk about realism when we cut the length of the game in half.

Everyone knows that "chew clock" is used to deny the opponent possession at the end of the game. Honestly it should just be limited to the last 3 minutes of the game, but I've always said that cause I hate what chew clock does. I know the common argument is "make a stop", but in the same breath one can say "keep possession of the ball".

idk, just my PoV

Annoyed at myself for that game. Should have just kept running the ball like I planned.

I had that run game shut down for a good portion of that game, it wasn't till you were down by 14 or so in the second half when I started expecting you to pass it a bunch, and that's when you ran it down my throat and got back in it

brentech

kinda silly to talk about realism when we cut the length of the game in half.

Everyone knows that "chew clock" is used to deny the opponent possession at the end of the game. Honestly it should just be limited to the last 3 minutes of the game, but I've always said that cause I hate what chew clock does. I know the common argument is "make a stop", but in the same breath one can say "keep possession of the ball".
So even though I scored on that drive on a long run, you think I should have downed myself at the first down and grinded out the win because it's the right thing to do, giving your opponent a chance to make the stop?

So even though I scored on that drive on a long run, you think I should have downed myself at the first down and grinded out the win because it's the right thing to do, giving your opponent a chance to make the stop?

huh? Hell no, fucking score it any time you can get it.

I just don't like chew clock is all.

if we played 15 min quarters, there would be more than a few games that ended up with one or both of the teams scoring over 100 points and easily eclipsing 1000 yards of offense. 7 minutes is fine and you get more than enough snaps within those 7 minutes, whether someone were to accel clock in the 4th or not

brentech

huh? Hell no, fucking score it any time you can get it.

I just don't like chew clock is all.

Tell me what the difference of chew clock in the 4th quarter is, then, lets say, playing a full game against Welli.

I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but it's a truth that you simply aren't getting as many plays off.

Tell me what the difference of chew clock in the 4th quarter is, then, lets say, playing a full game against Welli.

I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but it's a truth that you simply aren't getting as many plays off.

idk, if I started chewing clock my play calling would have been different.

I just do me and play my game, chew clock inside 3 min or so and just try to win. At that point they are using TO's if the game is close, so chew clock is usually pointless. I don't have an issue ending games with my offense without using chew clock mid fourth quarter, so it never really crosses my mind on "what ifs".

brentech

I chew clock up front, you do it on the back end.
cocky.gif

Birdman02

oh, I didn't read it right.

lol, Welli wasn't as bad as Bird last week. Bird leaves like 2 seconds on the clock, so I welcomed Welli leaving at least 7!
Lol, I do make a lot of adjustments at the line. I just generally play a slower paced game, especially against your offense...I just want to hold the ball as long as I can.

GG nightz. Never seen receivers break off their routes to catch passes like yours did your first two TDs.Knew the game was gonna be nothing but bs after that

Sometimes I accidentally hit accel clock and wonder how i wasted so much time selecting a play before it happens again the next play and I realize whats going on..

This is how I feel. Most teams that aren't the Eagles use most of the clock in the 2nd half or at the end of the 1st half.

It is unrealistic to snap the ball at 20+ seconds every time.

Well sure but when you're playing Madden every player automagically knows their blocking assignments, the plays, their hot routes, the audibles etc. That is admittedly an aspect of Madden that hasn't changed in the life time of the game, but how would you even make something that is realistic and fun in that regard?

The other part of it is that there is a lot more pre-snap adjustments at the LOS, and most of us aren't NFL QBs and don't make pre-snap adjustments on every play.

The NFL's popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

I remember a post on some hockey forum where some salty Penguins fan compared how much actual athletic activity Ben Roofiesburger did per game compared to Sidney Crosby and the discrepancy in popularity and pay.

The NFL's marketing machine is amazing. I think the fact that most NFL fans only watch on TV masks how much downtime there is in a game. I went to a bunch of college games when I was in school, including a few that were on national tv, and its crazy how much down time there is.

DCX

DCX
Gg Az. Gore is an asshole. I hope to break his little ass sooner than later!!

I had to scheme the fuck out of my pass D. Funchess, Benjamin over the top and Gore blazing past my over the top coverage or drag and crossing me to death :'(

DCX

Nightz

GG nightz. Never seen receivers break off their routes to catch passes like yours did your first two TDs.Knew the game was gonna be nothing but bs after that

GG. They ran the routes as designed. You probably just got used to your defenders running my receivers' routes better than my receivers and picking everything off. For once my guys were able to get away. Surprised me too.

brentech

You guys that have seen my streams see that I am not killing clock just for the sake of killing clock

Lol, I do make a lot of adjustments at the line. I just generally play a slower paced game, especially against your offense...I just want to hold the ball as long as I can.

I take a lot of time to snap the ball, and I'm not sorry for it

I am the chew clock master though!

t3DISDG.gif

I chose this gif because Greg Killed me.

Ferny

Geno broke me man. I'm seriously contemplating not playing past this season. This turkey tomorrow better talk me out of it.

Sokantish

JABEE let me know when you want to play our game. Tomorrow isn't going to wield for me . I have hotel internet so I dunno how well it will go. I might have to be put on AP if it's too bad

Top Bottom