• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

eznark

Banned
Fucking worse than roleplaying:

UZiiVYo.jpg

How's Rutgers look? (legit asking, been out in the snow with the kids all day)

BigAT

How's Rutgers look? (legit asking, been out in the snow with the kids all day)

They hung with them for most of the game (in that they kept it relatively close), but Wisconsin just had a big run and pulled away. In addition to being awful, Rutgers has actually had some legitimate injury issues this year, to the point that they have like 1.5 healthy big men right now and a short rotation. Caught up to the them in the second half.

DJ Bowser

NIGHTZ!

I'll be around by 11pm tonight if you're able to play after the 'vance.

Tomorrow I'm likely not going to be around much. Haven't seen the GF enough lately and it's my first day off since Christmas.

Nightz

Crimson, I'm home now if you want to play.

NIGHTZ!

I'll be around by 11pm tonight if you're able to play after the 'vance.

Tomorrow I'm likely not going to be around much. Haven't seen the GF enough lately and it's my first day off since Christmas.
Not sure if I'll be around at that time, but just post when you're available.

I was a waiter for a while. Developing an interest (and subsequent expertise) in wine has allowed me to carve out a nice career path as a Sommelier and will open a lot of doors to different areas as I build my resume and and work towards the higher levels of wine certification.

If you guys haven't seen Somm on Netflix, it's a really well-made and enjoyable documentary about a few guys working towards their Master Sommelier test, which is often called the hardest test of any kind in the world. It's an enjoyable watch whether or not you're into wine.

Hardest test on the planet is the Certified Master Bakers test. There's literally under 100 Americans who have it. I was trained by one, when he described the test to me it just seemed completely impossible.

DJ Bowser

Hardest test on the planet is the Certified Master Bakers test. There's literally under 100 Americans who have it. I was trained by one, when he described the test to me it just seemed completely impossible.
There is a very small number of Master Somms as well and probably a larger pool of people trying to take it. I'll do some research!

eznark

Banned
I was on a board that had a certification (and test) for essentially importing/exporting. It was so funny being part of that. The goal is always to figure out just how few people you can pass in order to make it seem as prestigious as possible and get people to keep taking it over and over.

It's funny, because for most of these certification programs there is like a second tier that has a 50+% pass rate which is written. Then for the final "Master" tier there is always a totally subjective in person part which allows them total control over the number of "Masters" which stunningly generally directly correlates to the present financial standing of the organization.

It made all of the letters I slap after my name on my business card feel so hollow!

Certifications are the worlds biggest racket.

Finally getting around to seeing the black mirror Christmas special. Now I feel like re watching then all.

the christmas episode was fantastic.... just as all the episodes before it!

i hope the american version isn't just the same episodes with american actors. everything about black mirror is so well done it doesn't need to be "remade", but i would love for them to do more and more episodes. it looks expensive as fuck to make so i understand they can't do 20 episodes a season but there just aren't enough!

p.s.

i just read up on it and it looks like netflix picked up a season 3 (12 episodes!) fucking god bless netflix

TheCrow

the christmas episode was fantastic.... just as all the episodes before it!

i hope the american version isn't just the same episodes with american actors. everything about black mirror is so well done it doesn't need to be "remade", but i would love for them to do more and more episodes. it looks expensive as fuck to make so i understand they can't do 20 episodes a season but there just aren't enough!

p.s.

i just read up on it and it looks like netflix picked up a season 3 (12 episodes!) fucking god bless netflix
Yeah I'm sure they wouldn't waste time trying to remake the old ones. Just finished the Christmas episode and it was fantastic. I had heard about the new season with Netflix and I'm optimistic that they'll do good with the show.

Smokey

Saw Star Wars for the 2nd time, this time in IMAX 3D. Was dope af. I saw it the first time in a Dolby Atmos theater. That was cool and all, but the IMAX experience was too gud. Also liked the film a lot better after seeing it a 2nd time.

Saw Star Wars for the 2nd time, this time in IMAX 3D. Was dope af. I saw it the first time in a Dolby Atmos theater. That was cool and all, but the IMAX experience was too gud. Also liked the film a lot better after seeing it a 2nd time.

wow we must be brothers smokey because i saw it for a 2nd time today too and it was great. not sure why some people hated the villain, he was fine.

Smokey

he did but also remember that he just got
fucking shot before that fight! then he took her out, then finn, then had to try to fight her again!

true but

Rey just discovered she was force sensitive, still bodied him. Kylo was definitely soft and emotionally unstable. I think in the 2nd one once he gets his final training, we will see Kylo da gawd

i thought he was weak after the first viewing. After the 2nd time though, he's fine and works.

Top Bottom