• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2009 NHL Thread - Old Man Cherry's Off His Meds Again™ Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

EDIT: beaten

Mike Works said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiawQpz9wGU awesome shootout (winning) goal
One of the sickest shootout goals I've seen. Dude is drafted by Edmonton btw, will most likely be playing there next year.

Socreges

Banned
Mii said:
Shh don't tell him about that.

it'll ruin his 'choke' experience. Let him build up high hopes.
remember, time doesn´t exist for sharks fans as it does for us. he will experience the 06/07 season at a later date

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
:lol :lol :lol

Also the Leafs signed Christian Hanson, and are still trying to sign Tyler Bozak, Viktor Stalberg and Matt Gilroy.

Doytch

Leafs are at 49 contracts though aren't they? They'll obviously try and sign Bozak, so they better hope BU goes deep if they want Gilroy.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Burke said he wanted to sign 5 college players so I guess they are being signed to ATO or PTOs and their contracts don't take affect until July 1st. I don't think jr players count either like Dido or Mitchell or eventually Stefanovitch when we sign him.

About Linus Omark, Sure the kid got lots of skills. But he is one of the players that have taken most advantage of the new rules in this years Elitserie.

Congrats to the Hawks for signing Jonathan Carlsson. He is gonna be a great defensemen som day.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Jackets win again, playoffs are looking good. :D

I'm really liking Kris Russel and Jason Williams right now, as less experienced players they're really helping us out.

Solo

Habs stringing together some wins when it counts. So far Gainey's last ditch effort of putting Kovy, Koivu, and Tanguay together has worked.

Sanjuro

Nice win tonight for the B's. However I can't help but feeling uneasy if the postseason began today with who is in the eight spot...

Solo

Muahaha, we are your kryptonite! I actually feel safer at #8 then I would at #7 or #6, given our recent history against the Bruins in the playoffs.

Sanjuro

Solo said:
Muahaha, we are your kryptonite! I actually feel safer at #8 then I would at #7 or #6, given our recent history against the Bruins in the playoffs.
Semi-recent history. I'll take last year's excellent series any day over the face palming ones during the Thornton-era.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Pochacco said:
Welp. That about wraps it up for the Oilers.
Oilers... lol :lol They are embarrassing the Canadian western conference teams by failing out of playoff right now ! C'mon, we need to make history where all the western Canadian teams make it and all the eastern Canadian teams fail ! Do it for the LULZ :D

MutFox said:
Wasn't the best performance ever, but I'll take the 2 points... :D
i fucking hate minnesota, the majority of their games are so, so fucking boring

at least new jersey had the excuse of exploiting the system when they were boring, but god damnit minnesota, it's fucking 2009. fire risebrough and lemaires and hire some people who will make me want to watch games against you already.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Mike Works said:
i fucking hate minnesota, the majority of their games are so, so fucking boring

at least new jersey had the excuse of exploiting the system when they were boring, but god damnit minnesota, it's fucking 2009. fire risebrough and lemaires and hire some people who will make me want to watch games against you already.

I think Lemaire is done after this year.

MutFox

Banned
R_GILL said:
I think Lemaire is done after this year.

Who knows...
If he gets fired, he'll get picked up by another team.
Only way he's done, is if he retires.

Though I really hate his defensive trap style...
It's really damn boring.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
MutFox said:
Who knows, if he gets fired, he'll get picked up by another team.
Only way he's done, is if he retires.

Though I really hate his defensive trap style...
It's really damn boring.

I think he is retiring, he was suppose to retire before this season but decided to come back for 1 more year.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Semi-recent history. I'll take last year's excellent series any day over the face palming ones during the Thornton-era.
That 2004 series still stings, but I really have no concerns if it ends up going that route again this year. The Bruins have played the Habs so well this season that I can't imagine them rolling over in the first round yet again. I say that now, of course... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
sglovk.jpg

can't touch this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom