• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2009 NHL Thread - Old Man Cherry's Off His Meds Again™ Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Mike Works said:
luongo.gif
I posted that in another Canadian forum I went to. God they take hockey so seriously there that people were yelling at me, lol :lol They're just jealous Canucks is on a roll right now and their eastern Canadian teams are all flunking :D

Don't be hating !

Sibylus

Banned
Woo Canucks!

NetMapel said:
I posted that in another Canadian forum I went to. God they take hockey so seriously there that people were yelling at me, lol :lol They're just jealous Canucks is on a roll right now and their eastern Canadian teams are all flunking :D

Don't be hating !
Linkage plz, I'd like to see this for the lulz.

pringles

NetMapel said:
Oh, and Wings fans better pray they don't play Nashville in the playoff. They are Detroit's krytonite !
Totally. What with all those playoff victories they have over the Wings.. kryptonite for sure.

Slurmer

Banned

mCACGj

Slurmer said:
I tried to post about this as it happened. Guess they're still not over the Jones-Bergeron hit. Such an evil cackle. He also said "cry me a river!" before they went to break.

That was a good game though; Thomas made some ridiculous saves. Knuble Knubled too many quality scoring chances.

Didn't help that they didn't seem to care for most of the third period.

Slurmer said:
I tried to post about this as it happened. Guess they're still not over the Jones-Bergeron hit. Such an evil cackle. He also said "cry me a river!" before they went to break.

That was a good game though; Thomas made some ridiculous saves. Knuble Knubled too many quality scoring chances.

The cackle was a little over the top, but as a Bruins fan I love how much of a homer Jack Edwards is

Slurmer said:

:lol I caught this as I flipped to the game and texted my buddy, a Bruins fan with it. He then texted back what Alucard posted above.

Gotta love homers.

Mii

Banned
R_GILL said:
Edwards is such a retard.

I like the NESN team. I always have a lot of fun watching them. Makes my current stay in Boston quite enjoyable. They used to be pretty neutral when the Bruins sucked, but now they're amusing due to their severe bias.

Unkind?

Good to see that Antropovs doing good with the Rangers. I for one, miss having him around in Toronto but oh well. Also, Avery is BEAST!

Doytch

Speaking of tanks, the Avs have really been going for this the past while. They used to have more points than the Leafs, and now they're in position to get one of the two. I used to be a huge fan of Quebec/Colorado when they had Sakic/Roy/Forsberg, so a Tavares Avs jersey would be tempting.

jacket320

Barrage said:
Wonder if Tavares is going to play on Morrow's line

Kind of an interesting set up. You would think that they would take the two new guys and pair them up with vets on the back... but no, they just stuck them together.

Also: Crazy ending. Glad its an entertaining game instead of what it could have been...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I find it highly amusing and unsurprising that yoda isn't concerned with box scores...not altogether unlike the Briquettes.

Which readily explains their hilarious choking spree. :D

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The Blues have been ridiculous since the All Star break.
With all their injuries, they remind me of the Oilers last year.
Sigh.

pringles

Mike Works said:
the blues have been awesome, it's almost impossible not to cheer for them. i'd kill for them to make 7th and play detroit.
Me too. Out of all the possible 7th seed teams, the Blues feel like the best matchup for the Wings. They're a young, inexperienced team that the Wings have handled pretty easily this season. I could also see them going into the playoffs feeling pretty good about just getting there, and not be able to step it up that extra notch to give the Wings serious trouble.

if you would have told me months ago that the blues would be competing for a playoff spot after losing eric johnson and kariya for the season, waiving their starting goaltender, then doing nothing at the deadline...oh how i would have laughed.

pretty amazing, good for them.

negitoro7

yodathesoda said:
As the resident Canuck hater I'd like to point out that this is a great pose after getting dropped like a sack of bricks and then MMA slammed in one fight. More importantly though in this video is Burrows in a fight, not trying to throw punches... but pull hair..:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCR0PcT4_E
Bieksa got on top of Eager TWICE. :|
If the refs didn't stop that "street fight", Eager would've been killed. Oh he shouldn't hit a guy when he's down you say? Eager asked for it by lifting Bieksa up and taking him to the ice.

MutFox

Banned
Hopefully the Canucks take the Division tonight.
We just gotta play hard, cause the Wild aren't going to roll over.

Go Canucks Go!!

yodathesoda said:
As the resident Canuck hater I'd like to point out that this is a great pose after getting dropped like a sack of bricks and then MMA slammed in one fight. More importantly though in this video is Burrows in a fight, not trying to throw punches... but pull hair..:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCR0PcT4_E

If you look closely, Burrows is getting fish hooked, but no one notices that.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Mike Works said:
the blues have been awesome, it's almost impossible not to cheer for them. i'd kill for them to make 7th and play detroit.
We should pray for Nashville for 7th place to play the Wings for the LULZ :lol

I'm actually going to be cheering for the 'Nucks tonight. I still don't see the Oilers making the playoffs even if the Wild lose, but seeing the Flames choke away the division again will almost make it up for me.

Karakand

scissorfight said:
if you would have told me months ago that the blues would be competing for a playoff spot after losing eric johnson and kariya for the season, waiving their starting goaltender, then doing nothing at the deadline...oh how i would have laughed.

pretty amazing, good for them.
kariya theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom