• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2009 NHL Thread - Old Man Cherry's Off His Meds Again™ Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
:D What's worse? The Pens power play or their attempts on the empty net the past two days?

Thanks to flower power for sealing the win.

Seriously. Our PP was pathetic today, and our empty net attempts deserve a huge facepalm.

Ah well, 2 POINTS!

Slurmer

Banned
Alucard said:
Seriously. Our PP was pathetic today, and our empty net attempts deserve a huge facepalm.

Ah well, 2 POINTS!

meh, Rangers have the best PK in the league...and the refs probably could've given that EN goal to Crosby.
Though the Pens nearly spent an entire period with a man advantage O_O

Kingpen

What do you guys think of the 5 min major interference call on Orr? I didn't even know it existed, and thought he would get a boarding call.

Woo on 2 points today, 90 points total now...

kassatsu

Banned
Kingpen said:
What do you guys think of the 5 min major interference call on Orr? I didn't even know it existed, and thought he would get a boarding call.

Woo on 2 points today, 90 points total now...
Don't think it was worth a major. Eaton was sideways when he got checked. The refs were pretty horrible on both sides. Probably the worst officiated game I have seen all season.

kassatsu said:
Don't think it was worth a major. Eaton was sideways when he got checked. The refs were pretty horrible on both sides. Probably the worst officiated game I have seen all season.

Yeah, they followed up that horrible major penalty with an almost equally awful call of hooking on Kunitz immediately after. Even the Ranger announcers were perplexed.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Justin Pogge is terrible, I can't believe Leafs fans actually tagged him as their future in nets.

I'll take a point on the road in late March.

(haha, I'm a jackets fan. I'm talking like I know what it's like to care about points in the late season)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Hope Minnesota can pick themselves up for the 3rd period and defeat Flames. That way, they'll tie with Oiler for 8th place. Go go go !

calder

R_GILL said:
Hahaha two disallowed goals in like a minute.
:lol Yeah that was kinda funny. Not funny at the time so much, but I can laugh now. :p

The in the crease call i thought was a little iffy, the high-stick was close but high.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
vas_a_morir said:
I'll take a point on the road in late March.

(haha, I'm a jackets fan. I'm talking like I know what it's like to care about points in the late season)

Weird, isn't it? :(

Mii

Banned
pacific division lol

wtf Central Division. Wish it'd stay this way, but I just can't see the Preds getting over all the hurdles ahead of them.

Solo

We're gonna snag #7 or #8 when all is said and done, which will get us either the Bruins or Caps. Both are way better than we are, but I think I'd prefer to stay at #8 and take on the Bruins. At least there is some recent precedent for us playing spoiler with them (2002 and 2004). The Caps would just scare me.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Mii said:
wtf Central Division. Wish it'd stay this way, but I just can't see the Preds getting over all the hurdles ahead of them.
how can you doubt this scrappy ragtag gang of vulgar foul mouthed fornicators gettin' it done with their top 2 centers out of the lineup?!

you'll come around... WHEN DETROIT FALLS TONIGHT

preds8-0.jpg

sefskillz

scissorfight said:
why do i get the feeling that sef is going to be showing that picture to his children's children one day?
because it's history baby and we know history repeats itself. just like it will tonight!

Mii

Banned
I know these Preds players almost as well as I know the Sharks' players.

Erat just went down. Since your centers are gone, time to take out the wings as well.

belvedere

Junior Butler
ForzaItalia said:
Wow @ the Blues? What heart!!!

The "Kid Line" son.

Oshie
Berglund
Perron

Take note.

And lol Nash. Tried to retaliate against Oshie's big hit on him last night, Oshie completely owned the guy. Nash flew in at full speed targeting Oshie, and Oshie laid him the fuck out.The crowd's reaction was priceless. I'm sure video will be up soon, it's a classic.

Also, fuck you Nashville for winning.

Thank you Nashville for pulling through. Now if only Philly could score a few and catch up with Boston right now to keep them down in points.

well, that about wraps up the 1st seed for the sharks.

stat check!

GAA 3.18
SV% .884

now you're probably thinking "hey, those look like the stats of the goaltender in my local beer league!" nope - try the starting goaltender on the defending stanley cup champions. what the flying fuck. how does this guy still have the starting job? how much longer can this guy get a free ride based on the playoff run where he had the monumental task of playing just well enough not to lose? i haven't seen a wings team with less confidence in their goaltender since manny legace was going all emo on a nightly basis.

jesus christ.

and here's to another nice game , chelios...you fucking dinosaur. 2 bad penalties in what, 5 minutes of playing time? he hasn't made one good decision one the ice all season. this clown was re-signed...why? can we just play 5 D and spot the other team two free powerplays, to be redeemed at the absolute most inopportune times for the wings?

i can not believe we kept ericsson in the minors for most of the season so this fucking corpse could keep a roster spot.

thank god i finally got my kegerator installed. it looks like it could be a short and ugly playoff season.

belvedere said:
The "Kid Line" son.

Oshie
Berglund
Perron

Take note.

And lol Nash. Tried to retaliate against Oshie's big hit on him last night, Oshie completely owned the guy. Nash flew in at full speed targeting Oshie, and Oshie laid him the fuck out.The crowd's reaction was priceless. I'm sure video will be up soon, it's a classic.

Also, fuck you Nashville for winning.

:lol Oshie: 5'11" 201lbs.
Nash: 6'4" 220lbs.
What happened Nash? Oshie owned! :lol
I can't believe I was actually rooting for detroit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
scissorfight said:
well, that about wraps up the 1st seed for the sharks.

stat check!

GAA 3.18
SV% .884

now you're probably thinking "hey, those look like the stats of the goaltender in my local beer league!" nope - try the starting goaltender on the defending stanley cup champions. what the flying fuck. how does this guy still have the starting job? how much longer can this guy get a free ride based on the playoff run where he had the monumental task of playing just well enough not to lose? i haven't seen a wings team with less confidence in their goaltender since manny legace was going all emo on a nightly basis.

jesus christ.

and here's to another nice game , chelios...you fucking dinosaur. 2 bad penalties in what, 5 minutes of playing time? he hasn't made one good decision one the ice all season. this clown was re-signed...why? can we just play 5 D and spot the other team two free powerplays, to be redeemed at the absolute most inopportune times for the wings?

i can not believe we kept ericsson in the minors for most of the season so this fucking corpse could keep a roster spot.

thank god i finally got my kegerator installed. it looks like it could be a short and ugly playoff season.

I believe Ken Holland was quoted earlier this year as saying, "Sometimes we're loyal to a fault."

That's why Osgood is in net, Chelios is playing, etc.

Conklin has been, far and away, the better goalie this year and the competition hasn't been close. If he doesn't get the start in the playoffs, they're TRYING to lose. There's no other way to explain it.

I'm already writing them off for the playoffs. I can't see them in the Finals again--defense gives up WAY too many pucks in the defensive zone and the goaltending isn't there.

That's not a good sign for next year when Osgood is signed long-term and Conklin is a free agent.

My original hope for this offseason was to have Hossa and Franzen re-signed with Hudler and Samuelsson leaving as FAs. I now think it would be in the Wings best interest to sign Hossa OR Franzen, Conklin, and Hudler. I really think Conklin is that important.

sefskillz

whats with fucking nashville from the blues fans? you're in 8th. get off my shit. fuck the wild, ducks and oilers, there's no need to fuck nashville

belvedere

Junior Butler
sefskillz said:
whats with fucking nashville from the blues fans? you're in 8th. get off my shit. fuck the wild, ducks and oilers, there's no need to fuck nashville

Until those teams are out of it, fuck Nashville.

:D

Totally forgot the Wings game was on, I really don't care about the rest of the season, I just want them to get 1 more win for 50, then I want them to concentrate on the playoffs, we'll most likely get 2nd but oh well, lets just play awesome hockey in the playoffs and I'll be happy.

PS: Osgood sucks this year.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Roberto's ensuing animated shutout picture to come by Mike Wrok :lol

Oh, and Wings fans better pray they don't play Nashville in the playoff. They are Detroit's krytonite !

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Looks like I now have no choice but to root against a Luongo shutout everytime they play :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom