• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2009 NHL Thread - Old Man Cherry's Off His Meds Again™ Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpen

damn... never expected a shutout tonight. Wow... Tonights game with the hitting almost had the atmosphere of a playoff game.

Gotta keep pace with those damn hurricanes I guess. :lol

Where the fuck is Nostradamus SEF at????

Looks like Ottawa's done for sure now.

All those loses against the fuckin Islanders and that one loss against the flames where Ottawa was winning 3-0 could have made all the difference...

That, or just not sucking for 3/4's of the year.

And what is with the Panthers and their 3rd period bed shitting. It's like they don't want to make the playoffs.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
'Hawks are looking really good against the Sharks so far tonight. Hopefully that slump is over.....
Figures that right after I posted this, the 'Hawks give up 2 goals in about 3 minutes and end up having to go to OT to beat the Sharks... :lol

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
So Florida's gonna miss the playoffs and JayBo's gonna leave for nothing in the summer (to Vancouver)? Nice.

Please trade Vokoun to Edmonton and then move the team to Winnipeg or something.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
"Do we see anything wrong with the Staubitz-Tootoo fight? At the moment no," NHL Vice President Colin Campbell, who handles league discipline, said in an e-mail.

"A player can leave his glove on to fight if he wants, so if he was hitting him with a piece of equipment that was worn legally there is no rule in place for that. If he hit him with an elbow instead of a fist there is no rule to prevent that at the moment."
Sweet.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Center David Legwand will miss a minimum of three games before getting reevaluated by doctors on Monday.

Legwand suffered an injured cheekbone when he took a puck to the face during Wednesday’s practice.

Preds general manager David Poile said the team does not yet know if Legwand has a broken bone because of the swelling in the area. The team hopes to determine whether or not there’s a break on Monday.
Top 2 centers out of the lineup. Doomed.

Alucard

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
Dammit Rangers, why won't you die?

I'm thinking the same thing. If they're going to win though, I'm glad Zherdev is still putting up points for the sake of my pool. I'm in 4th, but am making a charge for 2nd with the guys above me using up most of their games. Woo!

Alucard said:
I'm thinking the same thing. If they're going to win though, I'm glad Zherdev is still putting up points for the sake of my pool. I'm in 4th, but am making a charge for 2nd with the guys above me using up most of their games. Woo!

See, that's why I will never partake in fantasy sports, never! OK, I did sign up for Yahoo's NHL game once several years back....but I had no dirty, stinking, Rangers on my team! :D

mCACGj

There is no way Craig Anderson's pads are legal. They're gigantic.

Laughable minute for Briere there, not exactly sure why he's playing the point though.

Socreges

Banned
nash with four assists...

calgary stumbling their way into the postseason.... they may even lose the division crown if vancouver just keeps the pace.

Slurmer

Banned
mCACGj said:
There is no way Craig Anderson's pads are legal. They're gigantic.

Laughable minute for Briere there, not exactly sure why he's playing the point though.

Yeah that was ugly, though I think he may have hit a rough patch to lose the puck like that.
Philly outplayed them, so I'm not too bothered by the game overall. The only thing that pissed me off was at the end, right before the penalty on Timonen, the ref at the end blatanly standing in the middle of Richards' passing lane...Lupul was wide open! You could hear someone say "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!":lol

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Columbus frigging owned the Flames tonight. Canucks to overtake the division title is only an inevitability now :O

Mii

Banned
The Sharks must really want the opportunity to play Nashville.

Its all part of the grand master plan.

<3 Sef

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dem said:
The Oilers just suck
Get rid of MacT
I've been telling you that for years, welcome to the Tim's Always Right Bus, oiler fans sit in the back

Just returned from GDC so I haven't been online, so to catch up let me get my posts out as follows:

Dallas - lol
Calgary - lol
Columbus - hmm
St Louis - fuck

Thanks and good night

NetMapel said:
Mikes Work, hold me :( :( :( The Canucks lost :( :( :(
ah, we win some, we lose some

we've become fucking spoiled over the last couple months. every canucks fan i know freaks out when we lose now because we're so used to winning lately.

as long as we get some wins on the road before the playoffs start, i'll be fine.

plus, i've almost guaranteed that the canucks are at least going to the stanley cup final this year because i'll be leaving the country in mid-may for 3 months

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Rapping Granny said:
god damn it Tampa Bay you suck, I almost feel sorry for you.

I wouldn't feel too bad for them, Smith was pretty awesome till he suffered the concussion. They got a future star/superstar in Stamkos, they are going to get either Tavares, Hedman or Duchene. Also they got St. Louis on a pretty awesome contract which makes him a pretty good tradeable asset, and they got all summer to trade Lecavalier if they choose to.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Fucking Oilers.

This has been a really odd year to be an oilers fan. They're where most expected them to be about now (hovering in/out of a playoff spot). But their play throughout the entire season has just been confusing. No consistency whatsoever. Just a whole lot of 'meh'. So frustrating.

I knew the Oilers weren't going to make the playoffs even when they were a point behind Columbus for 6th a week ago. They are simply not a playoff calibure team. I have no idea how they sat in a playoff spot for so long.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Oshie.png

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom