• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MSNBC Feb 26 Democratic Debate Thread of "Bring Obama a pillow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
evil-pope-children-christmas.jpg

He's possessed! Antichrist confirmed!

GaimeGuy said:
People hate the tactics that Hillary has been using, and she has continuously insulted the voters of states that she doesn't win.

She has not campaigned with any integrity whatsoever, and she has made direct attacks against not just Barack Obama, but also his voters, such as myself, mocking us while speaking in a condescending tone.

The ends do not justify the means, and her means suck.

Summed it up for me 100%

Also McCain wont be getting rid of that Conservative Liberal stamp :lol

Texas:
Obama 47%
Clinton 43%

Ohio:
Obama 46%
Clinton 47%

Whoa if there is any truth to these numbers Hilary could REALLY be in trouble. Just how many Republicans might end up voting for Obama in Texas? Don't independents also vote?

What is the situation for Ohio are Republicans and Independents allowed to vote in the Democratic Primary over there?

syllogism said:
See Cheebs, the "double digit" lead was an error

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1459

People still pay attention to those Zogby polls? Zogby has been horrendously inaccurate this primary season. I almost wonder if Zogby is working for the Clinton campaign since he consistently over-estimates Obama's numbers, which allows for Hilary to be the "comeback kid". [/conspiracy theory] But in all seriousness, let's ignore Zogby.

The Chosen One said:
People still pay attention to those Zogby polls? Zogby has been horrendously inaccurate this primary season. I almost wonder if Zogby is working for the Clinton campaign since he consistently over-estimates Obama's numbers, which allows for Hilary to be the "comeback kid". [/conspiracy theory] But in all seriousness, let's ignore Zogby.

Oh in that case forget what I said :)

Cheebs

MSNBC released a new poll with Obama 1 ahead as well. I hope it gets better by tuesday since she always gets late breakers. Even in WI, Virgina...etc

I hate extremely close ones with Obama ahead. Super Tuesday had him lose a lot of the very close states remember. Ones people thought he could win like Arizona, New Mexico..etc

I wonder if the Limbaugh campaigning for Hillary will have any effect in the general. I also wonder if all the Repub-Dem defections will lead to Paul either winning or finishing very high in Texas.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
guys, everyone in Texas is registered independent... I think these polls estimates about the number of crossover voters are extremely small. You show up to vote, hand the lady your registration card and then tell her what primary you want to vote in. I think upwards of 20% of voters in the dem primary will be Republicans.

Deus Ex Machina said:
Barnstorming Obama plans to pick Republicans for cabinet

wi385_288017b.jpg

Full Story

Didn't we talk about this last week?

Anyway, not gonna happen (at least for Sec of Def). Imagine this scenario: Obama orders exit from Iraq. Exit leaves Iraqi security in disarray. Country plunges into civil war. Oil prices spike. Hagel (a REP) blamed "bad exit plan". Key US interests in Iraq overrun. Becomes fall guy. REPs blamed for Iraq civil war.

Door2Dawn

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Didn't we talk about this last week?

Anyway, not gonna happen (at least for Sec of Def). Imagine this scenario: Obama orders exit from Iraq. Exit leaves Iraqi security in disarray. Country plunges into civil war. Oil prices spike. Hagel (a REP) blamed "bad exit plan". Key US interests in Iraq overrun. Becomes fall guy. REPs blamed for Iraq civil war.
Its a good thing that isn't going to happen. :)

Mandark said:
Big difference between Hillary now and Rudy in January.

Rudy was 6th in Iowa, 4th in New Hampshire, 6th in Nevada, and 6th in South Carolina. He didn't break double digits in any of those competitions. I believe he had one delegate when he dropped out.

Hillary has won multiple states and has a ton of delegates and votes under her belt. Obama is becoming more and more an overwhelming favorite, and that's reflected in the coverage (read Dana Milbank's coverage in the Washington Post for an example). But as slim as Hillary's chances are right now, there's plenty of reason to treat her more like a legitimate candidate than there was to do so for Rudy a couple months ago.

But a win in FL would have put him at #1 in the delegate count. He'd laid down that strategy before any voting had started. Now we've got Hillary's scraped-together strategy of totally conceding 11 contests and putting it all on two states where even if she won she wouldn't even be close to being tied.

Maybe if the media hadn't been dogging Rudy relentlessly for exercising exactly what his plan was, he could have gotten his first place finish in Florida. Who knows, but he didn't get the constant benefit of the doubt that Hillary has.

If getting like 60% of every remaining state is seen as more likely than bumping yourself from third to first in one state (a state he'd been leading nicely in the weeks prior), ok.

syllogism

Richardson said on Face the nation that whoever has most delegates after Tuesday should be the nominee, so in practice he is endorsing Obama. He specifically said a protracted race that lasted through April would hurt the party. Even disregarding that, he was very positive about Obama. He also said he may still endorse before Tuesday, I'm predicting he has already decided to endorse and will be in the mystery Obama ad.

StoOgE said:
guys, everyone in Texas is registered independent... I think these polls estimates about the number of crossover voters are extremely small. You show up to vote, hand the lady your registration card and then tell her what primary you want to vote in. I think upwards of 20% of voters in the dem primary will be Republicans.

agreed. personally, i know of close to 10 people (friends and family) who reliably vote republican but have voted for obama in the primary. early voting, no less. they all say the same thing, too. "we need someone who represents us well," "we just need a change," etc. they're not stupid, either. they know how liberal he is and they never forget to mention how "smooth" he is, but after 20+ years of liberal bashing i'm still surprised they actually pushed the button for obama.

Tamanon

Banned
Cheebs said:
Huh? Most polls say they are about tied in early voting.

Yes, but back around super tuesday, remember he didn't make his push in those states until early voting had already been underway, at least in Cali, for a week or two. In Texas, he actually got there ahead of the early voting.

syllogism said:
Richardson said on Face the nation that whoever has most delegates after Tuesday should be the nominee, so in practice he is endorsing Obama. He specifically said a protracted race that lasted through April would hurt the party. Even disregarding that, he was very positive about Obama. He also said he may still endorse before Tuesday, I'm predicting he has already decided to endorse and will be in the mystery Obama ad.

Mystery Obama ad? Clearly I missed something

syllogism

PhoenixDark said:
Mystery Obama ad? Clearly I missed something

Well, it's not really that mysterious but he has bought ad time for Monday in every Texas/Ohio market for a 2 minute ad. He has done that before, but not on this scale. Also usually stations receive the ad early, but this time the content is a mystery.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
So, where the fuck is the questioning of McCain's non rejection/denounciation of John Hagee's support, which he sought AND publically accepted? This man makes Louis Farakhan look like a saint. If you don't know much about this man's views, look him up.

syllogism said:
Well, it's not really that mysterious but he has bought ad time for Monday in every Texas/Ohio market for a 2 minute ad. He has done that before, but not on this scale. Also usually stations receive the ad early, but this time the content is a mystery.

Why am I having flashbacks to E3 2004

Slurpy said:
So, where the fuck is the questioning of McCain's non rejection/denounciation of John Hagee's support, which he sought AND publically accepted? This man makes Louis Farakhan look like a saint. If you don't know much about this man's views, look him up.
???

What did John Hagee do?? I like him. Used to watch him fairly regularly on TBN.

Chrono

Banned
Slurpy said:
This man makes Louis Farakhan look like a saint.

No it doesn't. Only people sympathetic to cunts like farakhan might think so. Both of those douchebags, and their supporters, are a waste of oxygen.

Cheebs

James Carville, basically the most loyal Clitonista there is said if Hillary lose just Texas on tuesday its all over. That she needs both. Ouch.

Both Carville and Bill are on record of saying she needs both now.

Cheebs said:
James Carville, basically the most loyal Clitonista there is said if Hillary lose just Texas on tuesday its all over. That she needs both. Ouch.

Both Carville and Bill are on record of saying she needs both now.

Speaking of Ohio, my dad and one of my little brothers drove to Toledo to canvas yesterday. He said most of the houses they went to were Hillary households, although he claimed he was able to convince a few to switch to Obama.

My dad: And to everyone else I said fine, vote for Hillary on tuesday, but make sure you vote for Obama in November lol

wtf :lol

Cheebs

Toledo? Really? Toledo is considered Obama central. Most expect him to win the big cities (Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, & Toledo).

Especially Toledo, everything I heard says it's strong black population makes the city a lock.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
I certainly hope the proud women and Latinos of Texas and Ohio realize a vote for Hillary is a vote for McCain and the republicans to win the election. Those votes can only lead to a brokered convention because it will be extremely difficult for her to get a delegate lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom