• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MSNBC Feb 26 Democratic Debate Thread of "Bring Obama a pillow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Deus Ex Machina said:
???

What did John Hagee do?? I like him. Used to watch him fairly regularly on TBN.

You're serious?
Hagee on Hurricane Katrina "All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on African-Americans
The San Antonio Express-News reported that Hagee was going to "meet with black religious leaders privately at an unspecified future date to discuss comments he made in his newsletter about a 'slave sale,' an East Side minister said Wednesday." The Express-News reported:

"Hagee, pastor of the 16,000-member Cornerstone Church, last week had announced a 'slave sale' to raise funds for high school seniors in his church bulletin, 'The Cluster.'

"The item was introduced with the sentence 'Slavery in America is returning to Cornerstone" and ended with "Make plans to come and go home with a slave." [San Antonio Express-News 3/7/96]

Hagee on Catholicism
"Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews." [Jerusalem Countdown by John Hagee]

Hagee on Women
"Do you know the difference between a woman with PMS and a snarling Doberman pinscher? The answer is lipstick. Do you know the difference between a terrorist and a woman with PMS? You can negotiate with a terrorist." [God's Profits: Faith, Fraud and the Republican Crusade for Values Voters, Sarah Posner]

"[T]he feminist movement today is throwing off authority in rebellion against God's pattern for the family." ["Bible Positions on Political Issues," John Hagee]

Hagee on LGBT Americans
"The newspaper carried the story in our local area that was not carried nationally that there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came. And the promise of that parade was that it was going to reach a level of sexuality never demonstrated before in any of the other Gay Pride parades. So I believe that the judgment of God is a very real thing. I know that there are people who demur from that, but I believe that the Bible teaches that when you violate the law of God, that God brings punishment sometimes before the day of judgment." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on Iran
"The coming nuclear showdown with Iran is a certainty," Hagee wrote [in 2006] in the Pentecostal magazine Charisma. "Israel and America must confront Iran's nuclear ability and willingness to destroy Israel with nuclear weapons. For Israel to wait is to risk committing national suicide." [The Nation, 8/8/2006, http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060814/new_christian_zionism]

He calls the Catholic Church the 'The Great Whore,' an 'apostate church,' the 'anti-Christ,' and a 'false cult system'.

McCain has supposedly courted Hagees support for more than a year.

Hootie

Damn, I know my grandmother's side of the family goes back to the colonial period of America, but as far as I know I don't think I'm related to anyone cool.

mj1108

For anyone interested, Hillary rally in Ohio on CNN.COM right now.

Go to CNN.com or put this into Windows Media Player:
(its over)

Slurpy said:
You're serious?

He calls the Catholic Church the 'The Great Whore,' an 'apostate church,' the 'anti-Christ,' and a 'false cult system'.

McCain has supposedly courted Hagees support for more than a year.
I see. Yikes.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
i just got back from 5 hrs of canvasing in Pflugerville, TX. Obama country, heavily black 'burb of Austin. I had people fighting over Obama signs. lots of people that didnt know about the caucus... lots that are going now... one woman who still didnt understand why she had to vote twice just said "well, if it will help him". Huge smile for that.

I also locked my keys in my truck and got free lunch while waiting!

edit: also found out I have 14 captains in my precinct. my job on election day is to stand at the polls and remind everyone to come caucus.

Loudninja

StoOgE said:
i just got back from 5 hrs of canvasing in Pflugerville, TX. Obama country, heavily black 'burb of Austin. I had people fighting over Obama signs. lots of people that didnt know about the caucus... lots that are going now... one woman who still didnt understand why she had to vote twice just said "well, if it will help him". Huge smile for that.

I also locked my keys in my truck and got free lunch while waiting!

edit: also found out I have 14 captains in my precinct. my job on election day is to stand at the polls and remind everyone to come caucus.

Wow thanks for that

mj1108

Obama rally in Westerville Ohio right now. CNN.com or put this into Windows Media Player: mms://a238.l3760650520.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/238/37606/v0001/reflector:50520

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Incognito said:
agreed. personally, i know of close to 10 people (friends and family) who reliably vote republican but have voted for obama in the primary. early voting, no less. they all say the same thing, too. "we need someone who represents us well," "we just need a change," etc. they're not stupid, either. they know how liberal he is and they never forget to mention how "smooth" he is, but after 20+ years of liberal bashing i'm still surprised they actually pushed the button for obama.

my experience as well. i work at a heavily republican financial co. between obamamania amd the anti hillary vote, most are pulling the lever in the dem primary.

Hagee on Hurricane Katrina "All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Hagee on LGBT Americans
"The newspaper carried the story in our local area that was not carried nationally that there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came. And the promise of that parade was that it was going to reach a level of sexuality never demonstrated before in any of the other Gay Pride parades. So I believe that the judgment of God is a very real thing. I know that there are people who demur from that, but I believe that the Bible teaches that when you violate the law of God, that God brings punishment sometimes before the day of judgment." [NPR Fresh Air, 9/18/06]

Of course what Hagee won't tell you is that the French Quarter where all the debaucher takes place was relatively unscathed by Katrina.

That doesn't fit his narrative, so he won't say it.

Zoe

I reeeaaaaaaally don't want to go to my precinct for the caucus. I forgot to update my address before it was too late, so I have to go out to Manor :(

I think the area should be Obama friendly though, from what I last saw of the demographics.

woeds

Zoe said:
I reeeaaaaaaally don't want to go to my precinct for the caucus. I forgot to update my address before it was too late, so I have to go out to Manor :(

I think the area should be Obama friendly though, from what I last saw of the demographics.
Still, how likely victory for him there might seem, just go man! Every vote counts

mj1108

Zoe said:

GO!

If Obama loses, we'll blame you if you don't.

sangreal

Obama ripping Hillary at this town hall for not reading the national intelligence estimate before voting for iraq war

edit: Q&A time

sangreal

ratcliffja said:
I'm really impressed with this Q&A so far. He's addressing the questions adequately and succinctly.

It is really impressive when people actually ask questions that aren't answered in his stump speech

like patent reform, etc.

You know, I was going through earlier pictures of the Obama rallies I've been too. Two things stick out: how close I was and how fortunate I was to be on the campaign before Obama became Obama. I'll always cherish these puppies.

n504210379_681496_3647.jpg

n504210379_681493_2708.jpg

n504210379_244596_3899-1.jpg

The first two are from an Austin event back in November. Surprisingly, I was paired off with Obama's press secretary on the National Advance Team and just followed his orders all day long.

The last picture is from an event all the way back in June 2007 in San Antonio. I would estimate the crowd at close to 1,000.

mj1108

GhaleonEB said:
Is this still going on? The link on the last page isn't working and I can't find it on cnn.com.

Yup, it's still working and still going on. He's doing Q&A right now.

mms://a238.l3760650520.c37606.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/238/37606/v0001/reflector:50520

is it me or does Obama say "eh yo" or "yo" quiet a lot during Q&As
mostly when he is quieting a crowd or making a point.

Okay why is there in African asking a question? :lol

There was a young man named Barack Obama

I feel bad for the lady that asked about health care though.

37 yrs old, 2 heart attacks, a defibulator and 15 different medications every day.
I would have had to ask about health care too if I was in her position.

sangreal

ratcliffja said:
Even if they're asking things mentioned in his stump speech, we're getting a lot more details from the Q&A.

Yeah, I find it curious that people can make the "empty suit" argument after watching these

Also, what a question re: SCOTUS. This guy came prepared

TDG

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
he kicks ass during Q&As
Yes, he appears very sharp, smart and presidential, yet warm and likeable.

By the way folks, that's my hometown. He was speaking at my high school's rival.

the disgruntled gamer said:
Yes, he appears very sharp, smart and presidential, yet warm and likeable.

By the way folks, that's my hometown. He was speaking at my high school's rival.

does that mean he lost your High School's Alum vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom