• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NH Primary Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheebs said:
He is DESPERATE for his legacy. If his wife gets elected it will make "The Clintons" an important part of history and will have books written about him & her for decades to come if not 100's of years from now. If hillary falls apart he'll just be an above average president during a solid economic period. His place in history is riding on this election. He has possibly more at stake than her.
He's right though. Dead on about Obama.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Did anyone see that fainting lady?

677045245cat3.jpg

i have to go vote soon.

i will most likely vote for McCain. if a dem gets in office (which i think is pretty damn likely), i would want it to be either obama or edwards. mostly obama though.

dextran

xS1TH L0RDx said:
i have to go vote soon.

i will most likely vote for McCain. if a dem gets in office (which i think is pretty damn likely), i would want it to be either obama or edwards. mostly obama though.

Don't polls close in 2 minutes?

dextran

xS1TH L0RDx said:
i thought they closed in my area at 7?

Edit: just checked, close at 8. i got worried there for a sec. :p

sorry for the scare. I was going off of this, CNN front page - New Hampshire Last polls close 5:00 p.m. ET

I had to laugh today.

My mum was talking about Obama and she was curious as to why he had become so popular.

I'm paraphrasing:

"Why do Americans like someone who has a similar name to that terrorist?"

"Terrorist?, I ask confused.

"Yeah, you know...that guy...Obama Bin Laden"

I lawled, she wasn't joking.

npm0925

Damn, Bill Clinton sounds like a loser. Can't wait for Hillary's speech tonight, especially if she finishes third again.

Opus Angelorum said:
I had to laugh today.

My mum was talking about Obama and she was curious as to why he had become so popular.

I'm paraphrasing:

"Why do Americans like someone who has a similar name to that terrorist?"

"Terrorist?, I ask confused.

"Yeah, you know...that guy...Obama Bin Laden"

I lawled.

They did a joke in Rhode Island or Massachusetts on a radio station near where I live where they asked the following question: "What does everyone think we should do about Obama?"

9 out of 10 people who called in said we should kill the bastard.

ndiicm

The Clintons sure are getting desperate. Can't believe some people were falling for those fake tears of hers.

OBAMA for president!

Opus Angelorum said:
Are you serious?

:lol
Pretty much. I can't tell you the exact percentage, but it was ridiculously high.

Edit: I mean clearly people just do not have a very educated sense of who he is. But this was around Xmas. I would bet dollars to donuts that things have changed now.

Kusagari said:
Whether the tears were real or not, a candidate for president of the United States crying is a joke.

How could anybody, watching how Hillary has carefully crafted each and every word to her audience, believe they were real? Perhaps she was frustrated enough to cry, but it's 100% for certain that she intended to leak when talking.

Akia

TheKingsCrown said:
They did a joke in Rhode Island or Massachusetts on a radio station near where I live where they asked the following question: "What does everyone think we should do about Obama?"

9 out of 10 people who called in said we should kill the bastard.

:lol :lol

npm0925

RiskyChris said:
How could anybody, watching how Hillary has carefully crafted each and every word to her audience, believe they were real? Perhaps she was frustrated enough to cry, but it's 100% for certain that she intended to leak when talking.
Of course they were bullshit. She goes from crying to rehashing her "I'll be ready on day 1" talking point in a few seconds' time.

Well, the whole "likeable" issue sure made her campaign directors say she had to be more emotional and friendly now it still can. She probably didn't have to do a lot to get teared up (the whole "likability" thing is really uncalled for imo) in her situation, but it's definitely staged.

Anyway, this is pretty shitty. How the hell can things turn around so much in like 3 days. Basically 3 million Americans decided for the rest of the nation who'll be the presidential candidates (at least for the dems), and the other 300 million just jump on the bandwagon. Meanwhile, a republican candidate gets ignored completely for more than a year now. "Why give him coverage, he won't win!" First: off course he won't reach the big public when he doesn't get coverage, Second: it's not because he has a small chance of winning he can be ignored. This is pretty much the media deciding for the people who should win (like they did with hillary, until they started their vendetta on her).

In other words: I hope Clinton and Paul win tonight just to see everyone's reaction.

Obama/McCain it will be though

Souldriver said:
Well, the whole "likeable" issue sure made her campaign directors say she had to be more emotional and friendly now it still can. She probably didn't have to do a lot to get teared up (the whole "likability" thing is really uncalled for imo) in her situation, but it's definitely staged.

Anyway, this is pretty shitty. How the hell can things turn around so much in like 3 days. Basically 3 million Americans decided for the rest of the nation who'll be the presidential candidates (at least for the dems), and the other 300 million just jump on the bandwagon. Meanwhile, a republican candidate gets ignored completely for more than a year now. "Why give him coverage, he won't win!" First: off course he won't reach the big public when he doesn't get coverage, Second: it's not because he has a small chance of winning he can be ignored. This is pretty much the media deciding for the people who should win (like they did with hillary, until they started their vendetta on her).

In other words: I hope Clinton and Paul win tonight just to see everyone's reaction.

Obama/McCain it will be though
If they do win tonight I will actually have a lot more confidence in our system to be honest...

First of all, Hilary wasn't crying. She was just tired and exasperated. She was talking to her own troops--it wasn't like it was a public performance.

Second of all, this palpable hatred of Hilary is sexist if nothing else. I think the editorial in the Times summarized it well: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/opinion/08steinem.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=login

I'm hoping for, and predicting, a Hilary comeback... people just need some time to get over this Obama-brouhaha.

Tamanon

Banned
perryfarrell said:
First of all, Hilary wasn't crying. She was just tired and exasperated. She was talking to her own troops--it wasn't like it was a public performance.

Second of all, this palpable hatred of Hilary is sexist if nothing else. I think the editorial in the Times summarized it well: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/opinion/08steinem.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=login

I'm hoping for, and predicting, a Hilary comeback... people just need some time to get over this Obama-brouhaha.

I'll turn this around on you.

The palpable hatred of Obama is racist if nothing else.

Cheebs said:
The tears were real imo. She was frustrated and upset about losing.

There's no way it was staged. Her campaign aids may be losing this election, but they aren't dumb enough to advise a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, worse yet a female presidential candidate, to cry on camera. That's suicide.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Tamanon said:
That's counting Clinton's Superdelegates which is definitely subject to change.

not only that but a candidate needs about 2,000 delegates in order to get the nomination. so far, hilary has 174 and obama has 69. plenty of delegates to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom