• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gowans007 said:
posted in the SG thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHJMf_jY8A

a great 1hour long lecture I'd recommend watching by Jeff Minter on his career path & history, his ideas on games developement and the type of games & interation he wants to create along with a good last 20mins on Space Giraffes development and a tutorial by him.

great stuff

Thanks for the vid. Level 64 has sold me on the game :lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Burai said:
The "summer of awesome" is deteriorating faster than the British weather. We're plunging headfirst toward autumn and the vast majority of the great games they showed are still nowhere to be seen.

Geon, War World, Streets of Rage 2, Sensible Soccer, Puzzle Fighter and Puzzle Quest can't all come out next week.

War World is unfortunately pretty mediocre. It's been out on the PC for a while.

And Street Trace is a goddamn travesty. It makes NovaDrome look like Super Stardust.

robut said:
Fatal Fury and KOF? HELLS YEAHS.

:lol No. That KOF listing is just the name of one of FFS's achievements.

Sonic 2 could be a worthy buy if the online coop works well. Other than that all it is to me is another easy 200 points.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
People are expecting way too much out of War World. The game is a giant steaming pile of ass on the PC. It looks pretty good, but plays the complete opposite.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Maybe they made it not suck on the XBLA? Doubtful sure, but ya never know, unless the partnernet people are speaking up here.

Gowans007 said:
posted in the SG thread

a great 1hour long lecture I'd recommend watching by Jeff Minter on his career path & history, his ideas on games developement and the type of games & interation he wants to create along with a good last 20mins on Space Giraffes development and a tutorial by him.

great stuff

Ok...so I'm watching Minter play Space Giraffe but what is it that the game says when you grab a power up? Sounds like "homo"....but that can't be right. Can it?

goldenpp72

pepsiman.. sonic 2 online co op? Where did that come from. I remember sonic 2 had that multiplayer racing in split screen but I didn't expect them to add online co op.

I still don't.

goldenpp72 said:
pepsiman.. sonic 2 online co op? Where did that come from. I remember sonic 2 had that multiplayer racing in split screen but I didn't expect them to add online co op.

I still don't.

"Beat Emerald Hill Zone 1 in under 35 seconds in single-player or co-op mode."

This is what I gleamed from the achievement listing.
See the funny thing about Sonic 2 is that you could actually control Tails with a second controller. Course since the game focused on Sonic if Tails went off-screen he'd eventually fly back to where Sonic is standing.

However if the online co-op actually works(which I highly doubt) You could have an interesting game going on.

DeadCell

STREET TRACE!?

berriesandcreamkw2.gif

goldenpp72

also to gowans, does recovering the gamertag cause things to get deleted? I have like 45 arcade games and tons of other stuff, i'd not mind being able to get them to work offline.

Edit: Also I know you can control tails with a second pad, in sonic 3 you could even carry sonic with tails, I just didn't assume it would be online.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
goldenpp72 said:

I still don't.

I think it is coming from the achievements, specifically this one.

Xbox Live Racer
Win 10 versus zones on Xbox Live.

That one indicates that Sonic 2 is going to have some kind of online presence, not entirely sure if that translates into online co-op though.

Also, I would expect Streets of Rage 2 and Fatal Fury Special in September at the very least.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im guessing the BSG game is supposed to basically be an advert for the new season? Like the evolution of the website flash game or something. That's fine with me.

Im ok with 2d space combat too, makes sense for an 'arcade' title in a lot of ways. But why make a BSG game with raptors and leave out the awesome momentum based combat they use extensively in the show?

I guess maybe its just not in those videos.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ghost said:
Im guessing the BSG game is supposed to basically be an advert for the new season? Like the evolution of the website flash game or something. That's fine with me.

Im ok with 2d space combat too, makes sense for an 'arcade' title in a lot of ways. But why make a BSG game with raptors and leave out the awesome momentum based combat they use extensively in the show?

I think I can answer this question. Sierra Online has gone on record stating they want this BSG game to be simple and appeal to a mass audience, horrid, horrid statements.

aku:jiki

Ghost said:
Im guessing the BSG game is supposed to basically be an advert for the new season?
As in how any product carrying a franchise title is advertising for the franchise, sure. The game starts with 33 and ends with "Exodus from New Caprica" though.

It skips from "Scar" to Exodus, though. What's that, an entire season skipped?

Ghost said:
No. I'm not kidding when I say it's Wing Commander Arena Redux.

You guys remember how Deep Impact and Armageddon came out almost at the same time and had the exact same premise and you had to wonder if studios had leaked info to each other? That's WCA and BSG in 2007.

Gowans

Angelus said:
Govans007,Oh man I hope this works.
As soon as I get back from my jog I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks for helping out.

no probs man, just a phone call away.

goldenpp72 said:
also to gowans, does recovering the gamertag cause things to get deleted? I have like 45 arcade games and tons of other stuff, i'd not mind being able to get them to work offline.

yeah I have 46 too, I havn't gave it a try ye, maybe Angelus could answer that one.

Gowans

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Ok...so I'm watching Minter play Space Giraffe but what is it that the game says when you grab a power up? Sounds like "homo"....but that can't be right. Can it?

Think its a moo, :lol uess we'll find out tomoz :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Did a little scoping out on this Artemis Warriors game and from what has been uncovered it is be described as "Fantasy Action Adventure" (read dungeon crawler) that is being developed by the developer of Assault Heros and 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventure, Wanako Studios.

Gowans

I would love to see a breakdown of game genres (& sub genres) on XBLA so far and coming to see whats in store and which guys are looking to push some really different experiences.

Anyone know of one? Shard?

I bet the bonus stage mode from 2 player is live enabled, and if lucky the 3 selected zones from the original games multiplayer also.

That pipe bonus stage in 2 player was always a laugh on my megadrive back in the day.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gowans007 said:
I would love to see a breakdown of game genres (& sub genres) on XBLA so far and coming to see whats in store and which guys are looking to push some really different experiences.

Anyone know of one? Shard?

Well, I would say the frontrunners are Ninjabee and Sierra Online off the top of my head.

Judge for yourself using the Wikipedia lists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upcoming_games_for_Xbox_Live_Arcade#_note-0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live_Arcade

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
From the bit of the hypothetical games this discovery I made, IGN PC has some screenshots of a new game called The Red Baron (2007).

http://pc.ign.com/objects/851/851735.html

If one recalls that powerpoint bulletin Vivendi Games did back in July 2006, the had listed a Red Baron revival to be done for XBLA and PCs.

Well, here was have the Red Baron revival finally emergent, but the question now is Red Baron 2007 a downloadable game or is going to be full-on retail? The answer is murky, IGN XBOX 360 didn't pick up this media yet I can see the dev listed as Stainless Games a dev of many, many XBLA games. I guess time will tell on this one.

dejay

Banned
Gowans007 said:
posted in the SG thread

great stuff

I didn't think I'd sit through all that but it was quite interesting. I also have an idea on what's going on in SG now. The power zone concept looks quite good.

chickensoup said:
It's "Moo Moo", and is taken from a sample used by a British hippy acid house dance type band from the 90s called The KLF.

Further more it's from the songs "What Time is Love" and "Last Train to Trancentral" from "The White Room" album.

In the video I just saw I'm pretty sure there's a level in SG called "3 A.M. EXTERNAL" which references a KLF song from the same album, called "3 A.M. Eternal". I'm guessing Mr Minter liked The KLF back in the day :)

Quazar

Shard said:
Do not forget that the summer extends all the way to mid September.

As far a as Undertow goes, it is a high contender for a release "soon" but nothing concrete, it could be next week, it could be October.

Thanks, was hoping we had solid date for it. Have points waiting for it right now. :D

News?

"Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix has been approved by both first parties and as promised we will be doing a near-simultaneous release (at least, as near as their propping schedules will allow).

XBLA - August 29th - 800 points
PlayStation Network - August 30th - $10.00"

link

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
thirtytwoutside said:
News?

"Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix has been approved by both first parties and as promised we will be doing a near-simultaneous release (at least, as near as their propping schedules will allow).

link

Awesome news, needs a new thread.

icalledit.gif

Phthisis

thirtytwoutside said:
News?

link

Let us rejoice in the streets.

thirtytwoutside said:
News?

link

Fuck yes! :D

Somebody create the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom