• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Jared said:
8 weeks of nothing but Ken vs Ryu on Japan stage? As one of the biggest supporters of HD Remix around here, no thanks. I can wait.

Well if the actual game you're getting is good, the SF4 Beta would be an added bonus.

Rlan

cjelly said:
Did we know Commando 3 was out next week? Taken from Xbox UK Newsletter:

2511934496_b17f80f1d7_o.jpg

Awesome. Is there an online version of the UK Newsletter? Link please :)

Teknoman

Commando did look pretty nice. Like a next gen Cannon Spike *Note: I've never played the older Commando games*. But is the beta of SF II HD just for the 360 version of Commando or does it count for the PS3 version as well?

Also they need to just cert. Castle Crashers already :lol

pswii60

Teknoman said:
Commando did look pretty nice. Like a next gen Cannon Spike *Note: I've never played the older Commando games*. But is the beta of SF II HD just for the 360 version of Commando or does it count for the PS3 version as well?

Also they need to just cert. Castle Crashers already :lol
I loved Cannon Spike on the Dreamcast. It'd work well with the dual analogue sticks too. But I'll take Powerstone first.

It looks like Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball was rated by the ESRB:

Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
Blazing Lizard, Inc.
Everyone 10+
Animated Blood,
Cartoon Violence,
Suggestive Themes,
Use of Alcohol and Tobacco

They also have a trailer available on the marketplace.

pswii60

Joe said:
alien hominid is so so good. why do i get the feeling it sold like shit on consoles and xbla.
I think it did OK on XBLA, but nothing special. Personally I'm not keen on the game. I don't like games where you die once a second unless you have uber concentration at all times. It's just too much - every little bullet kills you instantly. Should have had a health bar IMO, would have made it more accessible. I think a lot of people probably got put off the game within the first 10 seconds.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, while all of the UGoS (Usual Gang of Suspects) are going ape shit over the potential loss of bad or poorly selling XBLA titles and the file size increase is old news here in this thread, I though I would take this oppertunity to point out something tyhat got swept away in the mania and hysteria.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-to-axe-underperforming-xbox-live-titles

HomeNewsFeaturesJobsCareer FairEducationResourcesMobile

Matt Martin 06:56 (BST)
23/05/2008
Matt Martin

Related articles

* Gosen to lead 360 mass market push in Europe
* More to mass-market success than gameplay, claims Lewis
* What price mass-market? Part 2

Microsoft to axe underperforming Xbox Live titles

Microsoft has said that it will be removing underperforming Xbox Live Arcade titles from its console download service.

Titles that have suffered an average review score of less than 65 per cent and have a trial conversion rate of 6 per cent will be taken off the service after a three month grace period, reports Gamasutra.

The move comes following confirmation that Microsoft is to raise the file limit of game downloads to 350MB.

Microsoft will not be releasing a spring update for the Xbox 360 dashboard as it has done in the past, but wil instead work on server issues

The firm will also establish a new internal development team focused on downloadable content.

Indeed, Microsoft is finally getting a new internal XBLA Studio, something that Microsoft has been in dire need of for some time now. Though lest we forget, Mircosoft does still have Carbonated Games and Rare, but they don't only focus on the XBLA.

pswii60

segarr said:
Roogoo got an 8 in OXM. That games looks cool imo. Golf: Tee it Up! only got a 6.5.
I thought Golf: Tee It Up wasn't coming out until late this year, so how come OXM has already reviewed it!? Also OXM gave Wits & Wagers a 8/10.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh dear, new Xbox.com Splash Page, Buku Sudoku, Expect this game (and maybe Warlords) on Monday instead of Commando 3 or even Happy Tree Friends.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bukusudokuxboxlivearcade/

Experience the excitement of the world's hottest number game sensation! Buku Sudoku™ takes the pen-and-paper puzzler high-tech with HD graphics, helpful tutorials, single- and multiplayer game modes, multiple grid sizes, and the option to display hints, highlight errors, undo moves, and even solve puzzles. 1,200 puzzles give you plenty of opportunity to challenge your own brain, play cooperatively with friends, race head-to-head to see who can complete a board first, or compete in the new battle mode, where completing a line, row, or square will remove numbers from your opponent's board. It's Sudoku however you like to play it!

* Multiplayer: Three different modes offer new ways to play that are impossible on paper, including co-op, team battle, and even an active duel where your performance directly affects your opponent's puzzle.
* Puzzles galore: Fifteen books worth of Sudoku puzzles are ready for play at your leisure.
* Sudoku your way: Buku Sudoku supports multiple controllers, allowing players to choose how they wish to play. The player's ability to customize the game is furthered by a series of optional control schemes. With eight options to choose from, whether it's picking between the one-handed setup, the casual scheme, the faster-than-paper advanced scheme, or even a dance pad, there is a control option to suit any person or mood.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shard said:
Indeed, Microsoft is finally getting a new internal XBLA Studio, something that Microsoft has been in dire need of for some time now. Though lest we forget, Mircosoft does still have Carbonated Games and Rare, but they don't only focus on the XBLA.
I don't see how this is that big of a deal.

Microsoft have been picking up tons of titles from independents for XBLA, anyway. It's not like they've been sitting on their hands.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
cjelly said:
I don't see how this is that big of a deal.

Microsoft have been picking up tons of titles from independents for XBLA, anyway. It's not like they've been sitting on their hands.

Well, at the very least it is another developer on the service, plus maybe, just maybe we will finally see some porting/new installments of the Microsoft back catalog.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
pswii60 said:
On Monday? Eh?

Well, let me break it down, new Xbox.com Splash Pages are a great way to gauge what is actually coming to the service soon, for example, today I do a search and I find Buku Sudoku, which ties in to the other evidence I have seen lately (Achievements list, those 360Sync screenshots).

pswii60

Shard said:
Well, let me break it down, new Xbox.com Splash Pages are a great way to gauge what is actually coming to the service soon, for example, today I do a search and I find Buku Sudoku, which ties in to the other evidence I have seen lately (Achievements list, those 360Sync screenshots).
No, I was confused by the 'Monday'. Didn't you mean Wednesday? Or were you referring to the usual GamerScoreBlog announcements on Mondays?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
pswii60 said:
No, I was confused by the 'Monday'. Didn't you mean Wednesday? Or were you referring to the usual GamerScoreBlog announcements on Mondays?

Yea, I was referring to the official announcement, sorry I wasn't clear about that before.

Anyway, TeamXbox previews Roogoo.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1981/Roogoo/p2/

Scott March says that the Roogoo game concept came to him in a dream.

If that’s true, I’m guessing that March—the president of SpiderMonk Entertainment and listed in the game’s credits as being responsible for “Biz Dev, Game Designer, 3D Characters, Animations”—might have had just a bit too much NyQuil or some other added “influence.” Roogoo is one twisted game.

The story involves a planet called Roo—and its citizens, called Roogoo—that survives on the energy from the multicolored, multi-shaped meteors that drop from the skies. After the planet’s king (King Goo) uses the meteors to build his cities, it also brings out his evil alter ego (King Moo), as well as making his followers into the darker Meemoo. The Roogoo then set out to recapture some of the meteors to make the planet good again…and that’s where you come in with your controller, because the story is only a roundabout set-up for the gameplay.

Oh, at first glance—and even second and third glances—Roogoo looks like a game for kids. You begin with four different shapes falling through a series of discs, sort of like a Fisher-Price toddler game, and you have to use you’re the Bumper buttons to rotate the discs so that the like-shaped hole matches the falling piece at each layer. Easy enough.

When you start getting the hang of it, subsequent levels give you more pieces falling, as you’d expect, which increases the stress level a bit. After that, another shape is thrown into the mix. Then you end up getting creatures blocking the holes, which requires you to hit the A button as a shape is falling to speed the descent, which bops the creature off the disc—and later, when you get even better, you can time it to combo a few of these baddies one after the other with a single falling shape or cluster.

Just when you’re getting the hang of the falling pieces, butterflies become part of the equation, and they like to pull pieces you’ve dropped back up to earlier discs, so you have to get your brain to work in reverse. Oh, did I tell you there’s a timer ticking down, which will give you bonus points if you finish a level before it ticks down to zero? No? Well don’t worry about that…because next they’re throwing opening and closing lids on the holes, and you need to time “pushing” the shapes down so the lid is open. And that’s not the end of it either.

See where I’m going with this? It starts off all cute and cuddly, and deceptively and progressively becomes more ornery until it makes you INSANE IN THE BRAIN!! I’m telling you…it had to be a couple of capfuls of NyQuil or maybe too many of those “don’t operate heavy machinery” type of allergy pills.

Seriously, Roogoo brought us back to the feeling we had the first time we played Tetris, where you’re thrown an incredibly basic premise, yet it becomes a “Just one more time…” kind of game in no time. Once you get used to the simple controls and your brain starts wrapping around the gameplay mechanics…well, you’re hooked.

Roogoo also features some robust head-to-head multiplayer (local or over Xbox Live) where the action gets even wilder. In this competitive Race Mode, think of something like Puzzle Fighter, where you’re snapping off shape matches as fast as you can to build up an “Attack Meter” and then throwing hazards onto the other player’s discs to make the other’s life more difficult (though they’re seeking to do the same to you). There’s even a handicapping system that enables a weaker player to get one or two enhancements to level the playing field somewhat.

or those who’d rather not fight it out with others, the Multiplayer section also offers a two-to-four-player, local mode called Party that is collaborative. Okay, there’s competitive elements to it, but it’s hardly as cutthroat as Race. Here, each player has to be prepared to turn a disc as a shape falls (a Gamer Picture appears next to the disc to show who’s up), with each player getting a score at the end of a round based on how many shapes were correctly passed through the discs the player controlled and the accuracy with which they were cleared.

There’s not much required in the graphics department to make Roogoo work, but the design is nice—and it’ll drive your initial misconceptions that you should call your eight-year-old nephew to play it. As simple and soothing as they game looks, it’s really just a façade for what is surely a subversive plot to damage the frontal lobes of Xbox 360 owners worldwide. And trust me when I say that you won’t want your eight-year-old nephew around when you start getting frustrated and cursing when you misalign a disc and a few shapes ricochet off into outer space.

Of course, trading this mind-melting experience for some Gamerscore points might be worth the risk for some of you. If you fall into this category, we’ve included the list of achievements at the end of this preview.

It’s hard to fully grasp this wonderfully bizarre game by simply describing it here, but you don’t have long to wait to see for yourself, because March informed us that it should be hitting Xbox Live Marketplace on June 4. Just don’t plan on doing any critical calculations or make serious life decisions right after, because Roogoo will marinate your gray matter for a while.

Achievements

ROO-Worthy—Unlock the first 10 levels. (10 points)

One Track Mind—Only rotate in one direction for any 5 levels. (5 points)

Bonus Drop—Score perfect on any bonus stage. (10 points)

Fly Butterfly—Score 100% accuracy on Fly Butterfly. (20 points)

Meemoo Headache—Knock off 7 consecutive Meemoo on a platform. (7 points)

Tower of Moo—Beat par time on Tower of Moo (‘Challenge’ Intensity). (15 points)

Bat Attack—Score 100% accuracy on Bat Attack. (35 points)

Acc-ROO-acy—Score 100% accuracy on any 10 levels. (10 points)

Roogoo Guru—Achieve par time on all levels (‘Challenge’ Intensity). (50 points)

Comeback ROO—Win a multiplayer match with only one shape to lose remaining. (13 points)

Meemoo Savvy—Don’t miss any shapes after the first Meemoo attack. (10 points)

ROO-Race—Win a multiplayer match on ‘Bursting EX.’ (15 points)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
cjelly said:
Did we know Commando 3 was out next week? Taken from Xbox UK Newsletter:

2511934496_b17f80f1d7_o.jpg
Quoting myself... I've reached a new low.

Anyway, UK Community Manager AceyBongos has apologised for the error of SFIV Beta being listed as available with Commondos 3, and in the comments gave this reply to me when I said 'So you're not denying Commondos 3 this week, then?'
AceyBongos
23 May 16:15

That was a mistake too - it's not next week's XBLA game. For saying that I've been given a spinning piledriver.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Darn. I guess it'll be another week where I don't get anything off XBLA. The last game I bought was Ikaruga which was nearly 2 months ago. :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gametap-Age: Braid Interview

http://www.gametap.com/articles/gamefeatures/indie_games_braid_interview-05232008

Indie Games: Braid Interview

We speak with Team Braid's lead artist on art, first impressions, and games.
By Douglass C. Perry | douginsano
May 23, 2008

"For Braid, one of those priorities is giving the player unmediated, uninterrupted contact with the world. The game is about coming to understand the rules of the world, and thereby solving puzzles, through direct experience and experimentation."
David Hellman, artist, Team Braid
A Lesson is Learned...

...But The Damage Is Irreversible is another project on which Hellman has worked. This series of single-page "surrealist" adventures has, since its debut, garnered major recognition from a wide range of critics, fans, and media. A Lesson Learned can be found at alessonlearned.com. also, make sure to see Hellman's ongoing blog entries on the art behind Braid.

First officially revealed for Xbox Live Arcade at the Tokyo Game Show 2007, the indie-developed game Braid has attracted traditional and not-so-traditional media attention due to its unusual gameplay and distinct art direction. As part of GameTap's desire to expose the work of independent developers, we spoke with Team Braid's David Hellman, in charge of the game's art direction.

GameTap: It's interesting that you started working on the game partway into the Braid project, mostly because starting with someone else's work can pose interesting challenges. When you took up the responsibility of the game's art direction, what aspects did you want to keep and what did you want to do away with?

David Hellman: When I joined Team Braid, most of the game still bore [lead designer] Jonathan Blow's basic and intermittently charming programmer art--just functional shapes with little adornment. Certain areas had been elaborated upon by an artist who'd since moved on, but in general this art looked dreary and very static and strangely not-to-scale. I wanted to get away from all the art that had come before--not because it was all bad per se, but I wanted to take a fresh look at the possibilities.

The best thing about the programmer art was that it was very clear from a gameplay perspective, so we tried to retain as much as that as possible. Also, certain things had a lot of personality. I liked the original yellow versions of the monsters that I assume Jonathan drew. I'm glad I got to play the game when it was still mostly all Jon's work, because I got to see his sensibility unfiltered.

Some scenes already had a direction when we started. Jonathan had created a sunset for the title screen and a cloudy backdrop for the story screens, where you read excerpts of a story before each world. We stayed with the original impulse in those cases, but much of the game was reimagined from scratch.

GameTap: You've said that the levels are entirely different and more or less avoid the clichéd snow-lava-cart mine levels so readily apparent in other games. Why do you think those kinds of levels were used so often in games? And what do these types of levels offer gamers that's different in the context of your game?

David Hellman: Probably when visual artists were stuck with very restricted resolutions and palettes, not to mention ROM sizes, changing the colors from level to level was an efficient way to evoke dramatically different settings. Make a level all white and blue and draw some icicles, and the player is already going to feel that this is a cold place. It already has an atmosphere, a temperature, a bunch of enriching associations.

I think a lot of clichés get perpetuated in part because the people making games have genuine affection for what they've played before, and they want to re-create those things. What really matters is subtext. Familiar or not, are the settings purposeful? Do they harmonize with other attributes of the game? In Braid, the visual design of each world reflects its special gameplay mechanic and its framing story excerpt (which are thematically linked).

As an example, world 4 starts with a story about a guy visiting his parents' house and old college campus, and encountering all the sensations and emotions he associates with earlier periods of his life. We chose to depict world 4 as ruins from an ancient civilization. When you visit ancient buildings that haven't been renovated or repurposed, they can seem to exist out of time. They "hold" their time, and you can feel that as you walk through. Also, ruins convey stillness, which is very germane to the special time behavior of world 4.

We also have a world that's made of nice furniture and books piled up in a marsh, which I don't think has been done before.

GameTap: You mentioned in your latest blog entry your thoughts about the title screen. It's quite beautiful, emotive. I remember when Nintendo showed Super Mario 64 in 1996; it was at the same time everyone was going nuts for PlayStation games, all of which had these enormous load times. When we saw Super Mario 64, a cartridge-based game, it loaded instantly. It made an impression. What do you think that the first set of images does for gamers, and what is the value of the instant start?

David Hellman: First impressions matter. We gather lots of information in those first few moments. It's always an important place to represent a work's aesthetic priorities. For Braid, one of those priorities is giving the player unmediated, uninterrupted contact with the world. The game is about coming to understand the rules of the world, and thereby solving puzzles, through direct experience and experimentation. The puzzles are totally logical and always derive from the inherent implications of the rules. There's no intermediary, no narrator or guide shuttling you around or telling you what to look at. The instances where the player doesn't have complete control are very limited, and deliberately placed. I think players will notice that.

Another thing about the beginning of the game: for two whole screens, the only thing the player must do is walk to the right. This is the most basic action, upon which other activities are gradually layered, like opening doors, climbing ladders, jumping, climbing, rewinding, etc. It's like a song that starts with just a simple 4/4 beat, or just a bass line, before the other instruments join in one by one.

GameTap: There is a lot of good, healthy discussion about whether video games are art. What is your stance on the evolving form of video games? Are they art, entertainment, pure amusement? Or some new combination that's yet to be fully grasped?

David Hellman: Video games are a great medium for making art. They embody human ideas, values, and emotions in all kinds of interesting and unique ways. They're remarkably diverse and rapidly evolving. It's really a frontier medium. As an artist, I look at them the same as movies or music or novels, to the extent that they can hold an expressive imprint, communicate, and be aesthetically enriching.

It's easy to be cynical about this topic, because it's been so thoroughly run into the ground on so many occasions. Never shout "art" in a crowded room. It does the job in casual conversation, but when push comes to shove, the word is more divisive and distracting than useful. It's like conversations about whether or not there's a god. The amount of personal baggage these words dredge up is unbelievable. You'll have two people agreeing there is a god, then realize that to one person that means a man on a cloud and to another it means a sense of communion with nature. You'll spend forever just sorting through preconceptions. The other problem with the word "art" is that to a lot of people it represents a cultural power play. Once something becomes legitimized as art, you have people shoving it into galleries; you have art types re-contextualizing it in their idiosyncratic way... It becomes a distinction between high/low culture. And while it's far from monolithic, gamer culture on the whole is deeply suspicious of anybody that wants to dictate taste.

pswii60

Shard said:
I guess you have ignored the past two weeks then.
Assault Heroes 2? Roogoo wins as it isn't just more of the same.

Anyways, here's something interesting that may be XBLA-bound? It's from Microsoft Research and is designed to help kids understand programming, and is coming to Xbox...
Boku is a video game which is basically aimed at creating the computer programmers of tomorrow.

Principal programme manager Matt MacLaurin, a father of a three and three-quarter year-old daughter, designed Boku "as a tool so that kids can make their own games and its secretly a tool to teach kids what programming is like without getting too bogged down in the detail".

The technology lets users guide or programme the behaviour of a virtual robot through the use of visual cue cards in the game to perform simple tasks like eating an apple or following another character.

Mr MacLaurin says Boku's marriage of creativity and education is a clever way to hook children into this world.

He noted that girls took just two hours to become completely conversant with Boku while he fudged on how long the boys took.

Mr MacLaurin says Boku, aimed at nine-11 year olds, will be on sale from the beginning of next year for the X-Box.
_44686247_boku-body-226.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7418178.stm

Strange. Anyone heard anything else about this? And lol at "X-Box". Get it fucking right, BBC.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/25/rbi-baseball-swings-to-xbox-360/

RBI Baseball to grand slam on XBLA

Most of us have fond memories of the sports games of a simpler time: making little Wayne's head bleed in NHLPA Hockey '93, proving Bo knows almost everything in Tecmo Super Bowl and the hit-n-run ambulance in Madden '92. With so many awesome experiences you'd think someone would bring back sports games to their glory on XBLA. Well, according to a listing on the ESRB website someone is.

On Friday, the ESRB website added a listing for RBI Baseball by upstart developers Six Degrees Games. While the new development team does not list the game on their website, their job listing section notes the team is "inventing a new generation of vibrant, mass-market gaming applications for the internet," which lends weight to the game being an Arcade release.

While we're on the subject, here's a free tip to EA. Take the classic Madden and NHL source codes, add new teams and updated rosters, sprinkle in some online play, watch XBLA monies pour in.

Rlan

Someone pointed out to me that another picture of Golf: Tee it up - outside of everything here, was released. Somehow, it ended up on Wikipedia only. Bizarre.

Anyhow, it ends up being the best picture of the game:

Golf_TIU_03.jpg

Pretty

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Next-Generation.biz Previews Braid (XBLA/PC)

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10500&Itemid=2

PREVIEW: Braid

ImageJonathan Blow is something of a figurehead for indie development, speaking passionately about how games must speak to the human condition if they are to be considered a worthy artform. As the release of his time-bending puzzle-platformer Braid draws closer, we’re able to see if Blow’s hot air has condensed into something resembling the inspirational levels to which he believes games can climb.

Braid is certainly a work of considerable aesthetic success – the praise for which largely goes to artist David Hellman, whose visual endeavors subvert the stereotype of the lo-fi 2D platformer. Instead, layered brushwork forms a luscious, moving painting; a progression of Miyamoto’s intentions with the crayon rendering used in Yoshi’s Island. Indeed, Braid makes many (slightly wearing) references to that era of gaming, and that particular series – navigation in this world is very much like in a Mario game, and there are castles and toothsome plants as well as a missing princess.

What it manages to say is that even a game that is willfully circumscribed by the conventions of one of the oldest genres need not be simple. It’s a good reflection of Blow’s views on the habitual underestimation of the medium, and to some degree it carries over to the fundamentals of play, in as much as the platforming is complicated by a number of time-bending devices.

Braid allows you to reverse time but, unlike in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, this power is not limited. That you can rewind to the first step you make removes the tension from dying – and so Blow has rethought platformer conventions, shifting the challenge to another area and using your precognition of events to solve environmental puzzles.

Each zone presents a new trick in addition to the time reversal mechanic, many of which defy causality in brilliant and migraine-inducing ways. Getting from the beginning to the end of a level is usually of no great difficulty – but you must collect jigsaw pieces along the way, eventually piecing them together in a separate minigame in order to unlock the sixth and final zone.

The images that result from the jigsaws are graphic extensions of a somewhat overwrought story about love, longing and second chances – for which Braid’s time-reversal gameplay acts as a fanciful and tenuous metaphor. The impressionistic narrative is touching, but the sophomoric manner in which it is written makes you glad it’s relegated to a largely optional chin-stroking meta-text.

Even though Braid doesn’t communicate itself well verbally, it does a better job through pervading emotions, shaped by the yearning, beautiful score and the painting of each level. The game’s fundamental and delightfully taxing action is also strong enough to stand without these forced metaphors, even if it does not yet amount to the kind of transcendent artistic experience that Blow hopes to elicit from the act of interaction alone. That princess could well be in another castle.

Jonnyram

Can't wait to hear what they announce this week in the shadow of last week's PR blunder. It would be hilarious if they announce some shit like Wits & Wagers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jonnyram said:
Can't wait to hear what they announce this week in the shadow of last week's PR blunder. It would be hilarious if they announce some shit like Wits & Wagers.

I already know with a fair amount of certainty what game or games Microsoft will announce tomorrow, Buku Sudoku and/or Warlords.

Jonnyram said:

*nm* I thought you meant a PR blunder regarding Penny Arcade. Didn't know you were talking about the de-listings.

xbhaskarx

Shard said:
I already know with a fair amount of certainty what game or games Microsoft will announce tomorrow, Buku Sudoku and/or Warlords.

What a lame week. At least put up both, since I'm not interested in either one.
I have never played Warlords, but it looks like a prime candidate for future de-listing.

They really should never release casual, kid, puzzle, or old arcade games as the sole game. Of course that's 3/4 of the games on XBLA...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
xbhaskarx said:
What a lame week. At least put up both, since I'm not interested in either one.
I have never played Warlords, but it looks like a prime candidate for future de-listing.

They really should never release casual, kid, puzzle, or old arcade games as the sole game. Of course that's 3/4 of the games on XBLA...

Guess what, you do not represent the entire XBLA buying populace.

Hunahan

Banned
Yeah, Warlords was seriously wicked on the Atari 2600. Definitely a highlight of my childhood. We played it for hours upon hours.

But nowadays? Probably not going to really hold up as something people will really be able to get into. Especially without the rotating pad.

To be fair, I honestly think most 2600 games are in that category. Oh well.

xbhaskarx

Shard said:
Guess what, you do not represent the entire XBLA buying populace.

You're right, I represent only me. And that's the only person I've ever claimed to speak for.

Edit: I predict lousy sales and <65 Metascore for Warlords...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ESRB Watch:

Crashtime Conspiracy Entertainment Corporation Teen Drug Reference, Mild Language, Mild Violence Xbox 360

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Some XBLA Sales Numbers courtesy of Penny-Arcade.

So the game has been out for a few days now and I can share a couple numbers with you. It turns out that we had the third best launch ever as far as units sold in the 3 day launch window. The actual list looks like this. Keep in mind that this is just for the 360.

#1 RezHD, 25k units
#2 Ikaruga, 22.5k units
#3 PAA Episode 1, 16.5k units
#4 N+, 13k units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom