• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Madden GAF league season 2 INTEREST thread!

welp, season 1 is winding down chums. there have been good times and bad (except for ck, which to this point has been all good), and hopefully the playoffs will be exciting. but, now is the time to see where we possibly stand as far as season 2 squads. so, if you are interested (or might possibly think about becoming interested) then please post here so i can start to get things ready.

we still have nearly 2 months left on the 'ol leaguedaddy lease, so we can fit another season in, and if EA doesn't have the official leagues up in time for season 3 then ill renew league daddy.

post here now friends.... but dont bother posting the team you want cause god knows who will be where draft-wise.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might be in, if it's less games. 16 is pretty long. Stats could be offsided with 6 minute quarters or something.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I might be in, if it's less games. 16 is pretty long. Stats could be offsided with 6 minute quarters or something.

Less games? wtf...

You can't choose a team yet, remember the drafting order is from worst to first.

I'm kinda pissed though, before the season even began I had my team for season 2 selected, the Bengals. I had even told Fifty about it, but then they started doing well in the actual NFL! Now more people are going to want to pick them, and I think Dskillz wants them. I get last pick so I am owned.

I doubt anyone would want the Giants other than me, but I am open to other teams (except the Browns).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
"still down for the underground, when we come around"
Dont know why i thought of that when i saw this thread but +1 to anyone who knows what song thats from, but anyway im down. Ill fight and claw my way to get the eagles as well!

Fifty

Season 2 will be even better than the first! More Explosions! More Drama! More Romance! More Surprises! More Intrigue! Tune in this fall!!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
depends on when it starts...

How long do these league thingys last?

As a rookie walking into my first League and going 12-1, I am so in. I'm sure there are people who want to play me in a regular season that never got the chance to. I would also like ColdBlooded to be in the same division as me in this one, I can't wait to take him out twice in 1 season. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Damn you! Get in on this!

As for me, I want in for sure. I'm going to surprise you all next season!

I'm gonna surprise some of you too. I'm not gonna lose 11 games in a row. Oh yeah. So surprised you will be. :D

jobber he's kidding, there is room for you buddy.

and the schedule won't be trimmed down. it will be a 16 game season, but i may reduce the time between games to 3 days so we can get finished in time for the 360 league.

i would be thrilled if we could have a 28 man league again, but that doesn't appear feasible. still, i think we can have a decent sized league!

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:
Are you going to get mad if you lose big, not report stats, and then drop out?

Are you gonna cry again after I beat you?

Just remind me Wellington, whats your record against me?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Are you going to get mad if you lose big, not report stats, and then drop out?

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigZep said:
Are you gonna cry again after I beat you?

Just remind me Wellington, whats your record against me?

0-1, but let me ask you this, did you use garbage to beat me?

Oh, and what's my record in the current league without using garbage plays? Oh that's right, 13-0.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
You should use a different team, maybe your luck will improve! (and maybe I'll get them!)

Sorry man. It's the Falcons or nothing for me. I would rather suck with my team than win with another.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:

Oh, and what's my record in the current league without using garbage plays? Oh that's right, 13-0.

Still on that excuse? haha, just admit you lost to me...

All the other shit your saying is garbage flying out your mouth.

Drey1082

I'm down as well. I'm having fun playing you guys. Now that I'm moving, my schedule should free up a little bit too.

Liquid

Banned
BigZep said:

Smart move getting into a fight with Welle, I hope that goes well for you...

bigzep chill dude. we all enjoy friendly rivalries here, but dont take things TOO seriously and don't make enemies amongst the regulars. i know what your situation was with the league before, so don't take offense at what CK says because it seemed like you had just left the league cause you got blown out in the preseason (this wasn't the case ck).

either way, just relax and have fun.

hgplayer1

you know Im not entirely sure Ill be doing Madden on 360. if they pull some half ass BS in the graphics and dont do something special with league play, I might have to pass. they have absolutely no excuse.

Put bigzep in my Division as well. :D
In fact, put all the best players including yourself FMT in my season, I want the toughest season just so I can get raped hardcore.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Put me in the weakest freakin division please. I don't need the same kinda schedule again. I don't have enough Prozac for that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigZep said:

Wellington said:

Fine, whatever, if I was mistaken as to why Zep quit the league then I apologize. It seemed highly suspect that after getting blown out in the pre-season he'd be nowhere to be found.

If you want to say that me calling your playstyle garbage is garbage, that's fine. Here's my post on the original game in which I do take my loss like a man: http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=1784438&postcount=332

Now, you scored 17 in the fourth quarter to win. In the league I've allowed more than 17 points in an entire game twice. To allow 17 in one quarter would be ridiculous, and consider that my defense has since been downgraded through the roster update (and the fact that historically, across multiple madden leagues, I have always had a top defense). Just to be clear, I've blown plenty of big fourth quarter leads to the likes of DM and Malleymal and have taken my losses without calling foul. Kind of raises a couple of flags to other players if you ask me.

Whatever, I can't stop you from signing up but I will request not having to play you unless I absolutely have to in the playoffs.

FYI, my record in ranked online games is 41-22, the one loss to you doesn't mean jack shit to me. What's more important is to not have to replace someone because they dropped out of the league mid-stream.

I apologize to the others in this topic for bringing this in here.

Liquid said:
Smart move getting into a fight with Welle, I hope that goes well for you...

Unlike other mods I don't ban people for disagreeing with me. :lol

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Put me in the weakest freakin division please. I don't need the same kinda schedule again. I don't have enough Prozac for that.
same here please :)

DCX

Fifty

Divisions will be fun this second season, because we'll have a much better idea of how good everyone is. Not that they're bad this year, but truelize won't be playing in FMT's division in season 2 ;)

newsguy

I would like to be in but I'm probably trading my xbox version towards the 360 version. Once we get a 360 league I'm in for sure.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Divisions will be fun this second season, because we'll have a much better idea of how good everyone is. Not that they're bad this year, but truelize won't be playing in FMT's division in season 2 ;)

Put me in the weak division too. So far it's Me, True, and DCX. Maybe include either Jayfro or King V if they are still in. No offense to them of course, but let's keep it competitive!

Top Bottom