• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Madden GAF league season 2 INTEREST thread!

i dont see what the big deal is about 6 mins. i thought that's what we played in madden 2005.

take a look at the following stats though.

Real NFL Stats from last year for QB Completions:

D Culpepper 379
T Green 369
B Favre 346
P Manning 336
M Bulger 321
J Delhomme 310
A Brooks 309
J Plummer 303
D McNabb 300
V Testaverde 297

Stats from our league for QB Completions:

McNabb 209
Pennington 186
Manning 182

and so on

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont see what the big deal is about 6 mins. i thought that's what we played in madden 2005.

take a look at the following stats though.

Real NFL Stats from last year for QB Completions:

Stats from our league for QB Completions:

McNabb 209
Pennington 186
Manning 182

and so on
Meanwhile, the rec yds and rushing yds seem about right even though the RA and RCP are not. I dunno...it just seems to me that there aren't a lot of players in this league that play for short yardage.

Fifty

Rushing numbers are just about perfect, as are recieving numbers (too many TEs catching though) and D numbers (fewer tackles because of less time but ints and sacks perfect. passing yards aren't bad either. the main reason completions are low is because passing is harder than running (IMO) and as rors says, people hardly ever go for short passes. Rushing, recieving and D are just about perfect. Adding 4 minutes just in the hope that completions go up is pretty out there.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If you put 6 minute Quarters, its almost like adding a 5th quarter. It seems the average rushing yards per game for alot of us is close to 150-200 yards. Its basically adding a 25% boost to these yards, or an extra 50 rushing yards, putting the average to 200-250. Not to mention the countless times RB's have gotten close to 300 rushing yards besides that. So yeah QB wise their might be realistic stats for them, but that would mean ALOT of 2000 yard rushers, and maybe even ones that break 3000. 5 Minutes Q's are good.

Or we can just do another vote
As long as D-Line spread gets another poll also :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I vote against D-Line spread in season 2. I was for it in season 1, but have since seen the light. Even with the slide protection, a smart player can be abusive.

CB3

Wellington said:
I vote against D-Line spread in season 2. I was for it in season 1, but have since seen the light. Even with the slide protection, a smart player can be abusive.

Same exact thing with me

Fifty

Hmmm....Now that I know I have the 19th pick (good times) I wonder which teams will be remaining.

I was thinking of taking the Colts with the pick if I won the SB....to go from an all running offense to an all-passing offense, and to see if I could break the curse I started last year....the Curse of the Colts...

I guess it can't hurt now to say what teams I'm considering. I'd love the Seahawks to be on the board, but no way in hell they're there at 19. The Rams might fall, but their D is just pathetic. The Jags are another solid team I was thinking about...who knows. It all depends on the 18 picks before mine. Worst comes to worst I can always pick the Brows and be reunited with The Dilfer. Right now I just hope the superbowl gets played quickly ;)

CB3

Fifty said:
Hmmm....Now that I know I have the 19th pick (good times) I wonder which teams will be remaining.

I was thinking of taking the Colts with the pick if I won the SB....to go from an all running offense to an all-passing offense, and to see if I could break the curse I started last year....the Curse of the Colts...

I guess it can't hurt now to say what teams I'm considering. I'd love the Seahawks to be on the board, but no way in hell they're there at 19. The Rams might fall, but their D is just pathetic. The Jags are another solid team I was thinking about...who knows. It all depends on the 18 picks before mine. Right now I just hope the superbowl gets played quickly ;)
69995do.gif

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have a sneaking suspicion that democracy will be thrown out the window in season 2 in regards to the d-line spread :D
:lol I have that same feeling.

DCX

guys, if everyone can do me a huge favor and PM or email me your top 3 teams you want. i'm afraid people will lag once the season is done otherwise.

i'm not going to pull any crap and purposely take a team someone right below me wants. to prove that, i will give you my top 5 wanted teams.

1. chargers
2. bengals
3. panthers
4. dolphins
5. jets (yes i'll fucking play with vinny i dont care!)

there, now you all know the teams i want. and if none are available ill pick someone else. anyways, PM me so i can get things started ladies. i will not divulge any draft information to anyone else, even my co-commissioner fifty.

22. BigZep
21. CK
20. icedragon
19. andokuky
18. mrbob
17. azyma
16. fifty
15. fmt
14. matrix
13. malley
12. cp
11. drey
10. DMczaf
09. coldblooded
08. HGPlayer
07. Rors
06. Conex
05. Truelize
04. Ramirez
03. DCX
02. DJ Demon
01. KingV
---------

current draft order

Fifty

Wellington said:
I take it playoff depth affects the order?

Is Gunstar not playing in season 2?

No

No

The only way the playoffs affect your pick is if you win the superbowl

Due to scheduling concerns Gunstar won't be in S2

playoffs do affect your seeding. that is why i'm going to have a better pick than azyuma, despite him having an 8-8 record and i had a 12-4 record.

however, only the superbowl winner will be rocketed to the top of the picks. and if said winner is no longer in the league, then there is no free pick at the top.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I want Favre even more than Madden does!

Eagles are tempting, but I don't want to take anyone's team.
I might take them, they are very tempting....

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So what exactly is it? You two come to an agreement... or DIE.

That measn I could pick ahead of Gun, Azyuma, Bob, and Ando. Hellooooo Broncos. :D

Shit I just realized I won the championship with the Broncos, and now Ando has a chance to win with them. This would be unprecedented. The Broncos would be the first team to repeat. :0

Rorschach

Wellington said:
So what exactly is it? You two come to an agreement... or DIE.

That measn I could pick ahead of Gun, Azyuma, Bob, and Ando. Hellooooo Broncos. :D

Shit I just realized I won the championship with the Broncos, and now Ando has a chance to win with them. This would be unprecedented. The Broncos would be the first team to repeat. :0
Nah, I wouldn't take any hardcore fan's team. I was just joking about the Packers, anyway. Of course, my first team is the Raiders all the way. :D

[edit]
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes CK, you pick ahead of those teams, except gunstar isn't playing in season 2 and if ando wins the championship he will take the broncos.
O RLY

i suspect if gunstar won the superbowl he would be more likely to play in season 2 and defend his title. he said he is going to be pretty busy (working extra and his socom 3 obsession :lol )

i don't know how i could john elway it and walk away with a chance to defend my title, but it's not my choice!

p.s. lets keep this thread owl-free!

* edit - fuck i just noticed one of those god damn owls above

Drey1082

my picks:

1) Eagles
2) Pats (hehe)
3) Chargers
4) Steelers
5) Bucs
6) Chiefs

Yeah they're all good teams, wanna fight about it?

Mrbob

Drey1082 said:
my picks:

1) Eagles
2) Pats (hehe)
3) Chargers
4) Steelers
5) Bucs
6) Chiefs

Yeah they're all good teams, wanna fight about it?

Why not the Bears?

Show some home team pride!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've been thinking about going with a passin team. I figure if I go with the Colts then when I lose I have an excuse.

"It's the curse!" :D

I'll have to see who's there at the 5th pick though.

The teams I'm interested in no particular order

Colts
Packers
Panthers
Steelers
Cowboys
Jags

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I've been thinking about going with a passin team. I figure if I go with the Colts then when I lose I have an excuse.

Colts
Packers
Panthers
Steelers
Cowboys
Jags

B-b-b-b-ut... How will you survive without Vick's nurturing teet?!?

AZ Greg

Truelize said:

Colts
Packers
Panthers
Steelers
Cowboys
Jags

NOOOOOO Packers suck you don't want them trust me!

=(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't understand why the Vikings aren't on his list, but that's just me. Mobile QB... awesome D (On paper!), good receivers, best player in the entire game - Michael Bennett.

i have everyones picks in except for one person... and i don't think that person is in any mood to be talked to, let alone talked to about a videogame :lol

hint: check out mrbobs avatar to put those pieces together :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just not interested in the Vikings at all right now.

And I thought DCX was gonna take the Falcons. I've been trying to figure out who I would like playing with other than the Falcons.

And I didn't really use Vick that much to run. I would get the occasionally running first down off of a rollout, but I've seen FMT do the exact same thing with Alex Smith.

If the Falcons are there for me, I will take them for sure still.

Michael Vick Rushing Stats:

57 rushes, 442 yards, 4 touchdowns

Alex Smith Rushing Stats:

24 rushes, 136 yards, 2 touchdowns

difference being there is no escape for alex smith once the play has broken down. if i call a run with smith, it has to be a designed run. with vick, you can have all the intent to pass and at the last second pull it down for a big gainer.

not blaming you though, i'd use him the same way!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
difference being there is no escape for alex smith once the play has broken down. if i call a run with smith, it has to be a designed run. with vick, you can have all the intent to pass and at the last second pull it down for a big gainer.

not blaming you though, i'd use him the same way!

It's how he really should be used anyway. I know that's how i would use him...contain him, then run with Double D, stack the run and contain, throw deep. I'm excited about season 2.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
It's how he really should be used anyway. I know that's how i would use him...contain him, then run with Double D, stack the run and contain, throw deep. I'm excited about season 2.

DCX

So does that mean you are taking them for season two?

Top Bottom