• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Madden GAF league season 2 INTEREST thread!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Put me in the weak division too. So far it's Me, True, and DCX. Maybe include either Jayfro or King V if they are still in. No offense to them of course, but let's keep it competitive!

I used a weakass team and am winning with them,I expect to be thrown into a weak divison with you,its only fair.

DCX

DCX
I actually would rather be in a strong divison so i can test myself...but for my ego i would like some wins....so basically, i want to be in a weak division with strong non division games. I want to play FMT, Fifty, Matrix, Ice, and Wellie...but if they were all in my division!?!?

DCX

Rorschach

DaddyZ said:
n/m.....dont think im ready for this league.
You guys scared him off. :\

Fifty said:
Divisions will be fun this second season, because we'll have a much better idea of how good everyone is. Not that they're bad this year, but truelize won't be playing in FMT's division in season 2 ;)
Come on over to the NFC east, True!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
One thing is for certain, if a power team is available, I will take them. I won't take Pats, Steelers, or Eagles, but all the other teams I am open on.

newsguy our league will be done in time for madden 360 so just wait to trade it in. if worst comes to worse let me know and ill find you a blockbuster free pass or something and you can rent madden xbox for 30 days and pay the extra $1.25 restocking fee, then you could sell your copy early if need be.

Slo

Wellington said:
One thing is for certain, if a power team is available, I will take them. I won't take Pats, Steelers, or Eagles, but all the other teams I am open on.

Vikes are available. You're always talking about how overpowered they are.

Fifty

They should be a power team...they're rated like one.....I think they are one! Ramirez just sucked at Madden. Now he's finally realizing how to play and he's putting up good numbers (just not against me)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ravens are bs in this game.

All you have to do on offense with them is run run run PA to heap *yawn* I fucking hate that team,its its next to impossible to pass on them or run.I find it funny I can destroy the Steelers,Eagles and Pats against random people but when it comes to the Ravens I cant beat anyone who plays with them.

Texans are also overrated,they cant pass for shit or run in real life as good as they can in madden.Shit in madden they gave the Texans an amazing O-line,I hardly ever get sacked.

JayFro

Banned
Wellington said:
Put me in the weak division too. So far it's Me, True, and DCX. Maybe include either Jayfro or King V if they are still in. No offense to them of course, but let's keep it competitive!

In my last 2 games I had Matrix by the balls and he beat me 25-24, and 24-21 in overtime. I'm in season 2 if it's on the tree sitty, but I'll probably skip season 2 if it's on Xbox 1. Put me in the strong division, I can't wait to break a piece of my foot off in Wellie's ass!

Matrix

JayFro said:
In my last 2 games I had Matrix by the balls and he beat me 25-24, and 24-21 in overtime. I'm in season 2 if it's on the tree sitty, but I'll probably skip season 2 if it's on Xbox 1. Put me in the strong division, I can't wait to break a piece of my foot off in Wellie's ass!

:eek:

:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
JayFro said:

You definitely don't have to wait. We can play tomorrow.

I want you to remember the bolded words.

JayFro

Banned
Wellington said:
You definitely don't have to wait. We can play tomorrow.

I want you to remember the bolded words.

Giddy up cowboy, how about tomorrow night 9:15pm central time?

Do ya like Thunder? How bout a little lightning?

KingV

I'm in, but word to the wise, I'll be somewhat busier workwise next season, I'll get in my games, but some might be a day late if we go to a three day rotation.

Ramirez said:
Lies,fluke games is what happened!

:lol :lol
So true, I should have lost week 2 in our league because my stupid TE Jolley dropped a pass to tie the game with 21 seconds left when both of us got booted off the stupid EA servers. We have to play again but if Ramirez had asked me to lose just so we can call it fair, I would have but he never did so I beat him.
Sorry for making you quit after that game. I should have let you win that game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Ravens are bs in this game.

All you have to do on offense with them is run run run PA to heap *yawn* I fucking hate that team,its its next to impossible to pass on them or run.I find it funny I can destroy the Steelers,Eagles and Pats against random people but when it comes to the Ravens I cant beat anyone who plays with them.

Texans are also overrated,they cant pass for shit or run in real life as good as they can in madden.Shit in madden they gave the Texans an amazing O-line,I hardly ever get sacked.

If it will make you feel better we can play a game and I'll use the Ravens. I have a strong feeling your success might be better. :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
gotta wonder where I stand in the mess of things. Have I reached the elite, or am I still using Action Replay?

I might want the Ravens. To actually have a team with excellent defensive ratings, AND a good running base. I'm doing pretty well with my 76 rated D in Seattle.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
you know, except for 1 exhibition contest against Ror, where I played as the Pats for him to practice against, I have yet to play a single practice/game, not a single DOWN as any other team. I'd hate to leave Alexander though.

JayFro

Banned
Wellington said:
Jayfro chickened out I guess.

Apologies, I had shit come up after work and didn't get home til late. Sorry, you would kill me anyway so I'll save you the effort.

JayFro

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:
Fine, whatever, if I was mistaken as to why Zep quit the league then I apologize. It seemed highly suspect that after getting blown out in the pre-season he'd be nowhere to be found.

If you want to say that me calling your playstyle garbage is garbage, that's fine. Here's my post on the original game in which I do take my loss like a man: http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=1784438&postcount=332

Now, you scored 17 in the fourth quarter to win. In the league I've allowed more than 17 points in an entire game twice. To allow 17 in one quarter would be ridiculous, and consider that my defense has since been downgraded through the roster update (and the fact that historically, across multiple madden leagues, I have always had a top defense). Just to be clear, I've blown plenty of big fourth quarter leads to the likes of DM and Malleymal and have taken my losses without calling foul. Kind of raises a couple of flags to other players if you ask me.

Whatever, I can't stop you from signing up but I will request not having to play you unless I absolutely have to in the playoffs.

FYI, my record in ranked online games is 41-22, the one loss to you doesn't mean jack shit to me. What's more important is to not have to replace someone because they dropped out of the league mid-stream.

I apologize to the others in this topic for bringing this in here.

Unlike other mods I don't ban people for disagreeing with me. :lol

Whatever...its squashed.

here is what i have so far:

1. fmt
2. ck
3. fifty
4. dm
5. matrix
6. truelize
7. bigzep
8. dcx
9. kingv
10. rors
11. ramirez
12. lonestar
13. icedragon
14. coldblooded
15. andokuky
16. conex
17. azyuma
18. dj demon
19. mrbob
20. malleymal
21. drey
22. hgplayer
23. CP
24. dj tet

* - either you said "maybe" and haven't updated on that stance yet, or we haven't heard from you period
------------

this is the list i have so far. i think we have had a great season 1 and i'd like to see all the players return because we have a good group but i know that is unlikely. this league is going to go by a bit quicker because i know a lot of people here will be concentrating on madden 360. the goal is to have the league completed before madden 360 hits shelves, and we will achieve that goal (whether i have to become more lax on the deadlines or whether we have to pound out a few games at the end in a short period it can be done)

update if your name is on the list and you dont want to play, or if your name isn't there and you're interested. lets get another 28+ man league!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm in for this league. My tip for today is don't move and try to get utilities hooked up a few days after a catastrophic hurricane blows through the area. And really don't do it right when football season starts.

I need to play in the ladies' division. I haven't played any human competition in this year's game since I moved and I expect to get my ass whipped by all you league vets.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guileless said:
I'm in for this league. My tip for today is don't move and try to get utilities hooked up a few days after a catastrophic hurricane blows through the area. And really don't do it right when football season starts.

I need to play in the ladies' division. I haven't played any human competition in this year's game since I moved and I expect to get my ass whipped by all you league vets.

Hey, if you want the Giants you can have 'em buddy.

newsguy

Sorry guys, I'll have to bow out for the next season (you won't have the Dolphins to beat up on). Heat season starts on the 10th with the Spurs Katrina relief game so my second job begins. Once I have my schedule tackled and I know what my schedule will be like between both jobs, THE FINS WILL RETURN WITH A VENGEANCE. If you guys do the 360 league I'm in for sure for that season. Don't forget me dudes, the aqua and orange will always be in your hearts... and on the playoff bubble :(

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Wellington said:
Hey, if you want the Giants you can have 'em buddy.

Thanks wellie, I have already starting emotionally divesting myself of the Saints because there's no way they're coming back to New Orleans. I am not cheering for a team in Los Angeles.

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
I'd probably be up for a season 2.

I'd also be up for getting my team back for week 16 ;)

Yes give this man back his team....please.

I might bail on season 2 and take a break until Madden 360.

quitting after the 2 thrashings i gave you tonight!? don't worry buddy, i won't put you in my division!

i dont get why it's such a big deal to play another season. i guess if the stat-tracking bugs you that much there is a feasible excuse, but don't let frustration over a current game you played or something sway you. you're probably going to play some games of madden online anyways until 360 gets here, why not just play in the league?

Fifty

Now that most people have played all 16 games, team selection can begin soon. The only problem that could arise would be that the superbowl winner will have the first overall pick, and therefore they could take any team.

We could avoid any possible problems by waiting till the playoffs are over to begin selection, or we could just go ahead soon and hope that any problems can be resolved with the superbowl winner's team. If people want to give their vote to waiting or starting now, do so. Remember that if we were to start now, any team could be "stolen' by the superbowl winner as they have the first pick.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i say that we do a top 3 teams thing for now

and those that are in the playoffs now have a top 3 teams list with their number one being if they won the superbowl..

Just so other teams outside the playoffs know that they can lose their #1 pick if that person wins.....

as they get deleted from the playoffs then they go into the ranks of the others.

------------------------------------

so for me

1. Chiefs(if i win the superbowl, i would want to reapeat with them if not, I give them to CP(if he plays season 2)(if he doesnt, i want them back))

2. Indianapolis

3. St Louis Rams

current draft order (without taking into account playoff finishes) from bottom to top!

BigZep
Guileless
CK
icedragon
fifty
fmt
matrix
malleymal
mrbob
andokuky
CP
drey
coldblooded
DMczaf
DJ Tet
Azyuma
HGPlayer
Rors
Conex
Truelize
Ramirez
DCX
DJ Demon
KingV
--------

KingV

My picks:

1) Colts
2) Chiefs
3) (err, I guess I really only need to pick two so I'll just pick a hometown team) Skins

Fifty

I don't think people will need to do a top 3 list and post it here. It's easier just to wait until the playoffs are over (which won't be that long once they begin) and then we'll know for sure who the SB winner is taking and can just go down the list giving everyone their pick. It'll be too much trouble trying this now. Malley's idea is not bad but it might be more trouble than it's worth

Cerebral Palsy said:
I might bail on season 2 and take a break until Madden 360.

After beating me once in the League and once in a ranked game, your going to quit? You can come back and beat me again!
Acctually...you did lose once on our 3rd game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My picks are like Rorschach's

1) Atlanta Falcons
2) Michael Vick's team
3) That team with the VD giving QB.

Top Bottom