• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Madden GAF league season 2 INTEREST thread!

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
My picks are like Rorschach's

1) Atlanta Falcons
2) Michael Vick's team
3) That team with the VD giving QB.
Boy the things i can do with that team...tsc, tsc

My Top 3:

1- ?
2- Bills
3- Patriots

DCX

Fifty

True might be out of luck since DCX has a higher pick and everyone knows he's a Falcons fan :D Quick, which team is closest to Calgary?!

Icedragon......winning the SB is your only chance to use the Raiders. How's that for incentive?

I'm probably playing. If Malley doesn't win the SB, and someone else takes the Chiefs before me... I will kill you. Or I won't. But I will be mad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Boy the things i can do with that team...tsc, tsc

My Top 3:

1- ?
2- Bills
3- Patriots

DCX

What's the problem? You pick before him.

I think it'd be stupid for me to form a list of teams. :(

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sorry but y'all don't want me in a league. I have been playing NCAA exclusively and I really, really suck at Madden right now. Since I moved away from my Madden buddies I haven't played any 2 player, and I'm 0-8 online. There's no way I can compete with the skills around here. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I led Eli to a 2-14 record.

I do still want to compete in the 360 league thoughif that comes off.

DCX

DCX
....are you kidding? I sucked at Madden season 1, and i have no doubt more of the some to come in season 2. Just play and have some fun...

DCX

Slo

I'd just go for it Guileless. I'm pretty mediocre and have played all but one or two of the players in the league and there's nobody that I've thought was completely unbeatable even for me. Most of the really good players use dogshit teams to even the playing field anyway.

Drey1082

For all of you picking the colts.... Good luck with that. You might score 30 to 40 points a game, but you will give up just as much, if not more.

Fifty

Drey1082 said:
For all of you picking the colts.... Good luck with that. You might score 30 to 40 points a game, but you will give up just as much, if not more.

Which kind of stinks considering how good their D is in real life. I wish they'd get an upgrade.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Im thinking I may have to withdraw support for Madden Season 2. I just don't think I'll be able to keep up with the league and I know you guys are on a tight schedule for X360.

Fifty said:
True might be out of luck since DCX has a higher pick and everyone knows he's a Falcons fan :D Quick, which team is closest to Calgary?!

Icedragon......winning the SB is your only chance to use the Raiders. How's that for incentive?

Oh yeah...SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!
Raiders will be mine.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
iceDragon7 said:
Oh yeah...SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!
Raiders will be mine.

019sy.jpg

22. BigZep
21. CK
20. icedragon
19. fifty
18. fmt
17. matrix
16. andokuky
15. malley
14. mrbob
13. CP
12. drey
11. azyuma
10. DMczaf
09. coldblooded
08. HGPlayer
07. Rors
06. Conex
05. Truelize
04. Ramirez
03. DCX
02. DJ Demon
01. KingV
------------

that is where we stand draft wise right now.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm really not the kind of guy that's ultra competitive and throws stuff if I don't win every game, but honestly I'm terrible enough at Madden 2006 where it wouldn't be fun for me or my opponent, like playing the AI on rookie. Playing NCAA really messes you up for Madden this year since they changed the control schemes a good bit. Sorry guys.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If I try to quit madden season 2,will one of the vets try to murder me? I'm just throwing that out there.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
So you're quitting the league because you won't get the Falcons? That stinks dude.

Not outta spite. I don't honestly think I can possibly start over with another team and learn how to play with them in time to even compete.
I'll try out some other teams and see but if I'm not comfortable with another team it's not gonna be much fun for me.
I don't follow every team in the NFL. I watch my Falcons on Sundays and then watch highlights. That's it.
I wouldn't even know who else to try.

What team has the most drugs users? Maybe I'll pick them.

Truelize said:
Not outta spite. I don't honestly think I can possibly start over with another team and learn how to play with them in time to even compete.
I'll try out some other teams and see but if I'm not comfortable with another team it's not gonna be much fun for me.
I don't follow every team in the NFL. I watch my Falcons on Sundays and then watch highlights. That's it.
I wouldn't even know who else to try.

What team has the most drugs users? Maybe I'll pick them.

You would probably do better with another team. Vick sucks major ass this year. Too strong of arm and absolutely no accuracy.

CB3

Cerebral Palsy said:
You would probably do better with another team. Vick sucks major ass in this year. Too strong of arm and absolutely no accuracy.

Thats because EA got it right this year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I kinda like the Steelers this year. But Ben plays standing in mud compared to Vick. And I've never used a team other than the Falcons for 4 years now. So um.... it might be a pretty hard transition.

I don't mind Vick not being that good. I still won some games and put up a fight in some others. Especially once I found a gameplan that worked for me.
Worst recieving core in the league, very weak secondary and a fast QB with no accuracy = good times. :D

Mobile = Vikings (who I used last year actually so I have used a team other than the Falcons) or Eagles. And I kinda detest T.O....

We'll see.

CB3

Truelize said:
Well I kinda like the Steelers this year. But Ben plays standing in mud compared to Vick. And I've never used a team other than the Falcons for 4 years now. So um.... it might be a pretty hard transition.

I don't mind Vick not being that good. I still won some games and put up a fight in some others. Especially once I found a gameplan that worked for me.
Worst recieving core in the league, very weak secondary and a fast QB with no accuracy = good times. :D

Mobile = Vikings (who I used last year actually so I have used a team other than the Falcons) or Eagles. And I kinda detest T.O....

We'll see.

:lol so you wont use a good team because a virtual version of a player you detest in real life
is on it? :lol its not like your stats are going to help him in real life

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think the 2nd faster QB in the league (on SPD rating anyway) was Senaca Wallace. And he's on the Seahawks and...well, I wouldn't recommend him. He's not up to Ron Mexico Standards.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol so you wont use a good team because a virtual version of a player you detest in real life
is on it? :lol its not like your stats are going to help him in real life

Exactly. I'm not a T.O. fan so I have no interest in playing with him at all. Cause then I would start to like him cause he's such a studd in the game and then I've got all these conflicting feelings to deal with. :)
T.O. talked bad about Jgar. Not good.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
slowly we work our way down to the 12-16 player range!
:(

True: Just use the Vikes. Not only mobile, but tough qb with good acc.

Icedragon: No offense, but I hope you lose the SB :D

Marmaduke

Banned
What's wrong with 5 minute quarters? I think the stats were fine, considering that some players missed a game or two reporting stats....6 minute quarters might blow up some of these stats to unrealistic proportions, imho.

As for Season 2 teams, my top 2 are:

1. Skins
2. Eagles

CB3

Yeah me might as well start picking teams. Not sure about 6 minute quarters though

Fifty

I have no idea what was wrong with 5 minute qtrs. It seemed perfect to me.

We could pick teams now.....but waiting till the SB is over is probably a better idea. Say King V takes X team.....then the SB winner says they want that team....Not only does King V need to switch, but since he has the second pick, the person with that pick has to change theirs, and if they want a team that's taken, another person has to switch, and so on.

It's much easier just to wait until we know who won the SB.

Then again, things could always go perfectly if the SB winner took an unclaimed team, but the odds are seriously against it.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I have no idea what was wrong with 5 minute qtrs. It seemed perfect to me.

We could pick teams now.....but waiting till the SB is over is probably a better idea. Say King V takes X team.....then the SB winner says they want that team....Not only does King V need to switch, but since he has the second pick, the person with that pick has to change theirs, and if they want a team that's taken, another person has to switch, and so on.

It's much easier just to wait until we know who won the SB.

Then again, things could always go perfectly if the SB winner took an unclaimed team, but the odds are seriously against it.
Yeah...waiting for the superbowl winner seems like the best way to go...wish it could be sooner than later. I fear the League Daddy subsription may run out before we can finish Season 2.

DCX

Fifty

Then we'll re-subscribe..This time without FMT paying for all of us. Odds are we'll need to do this anyway for the 360 league(s). I don't trust EA

Fifty said:
Then we'll re-subscribe..This time without FMT paying for all of us. Odds are we'll need to do this anyway for the 360 league(s). I don't trust EA

I'm down to pitch in. I also think 5 minute quarters were fine, what do you guys want the score to be? 70-10?

DCX

DCX
iceDragon7 said:
I'm down to pitch in. I also think 5 minute quarters were fine, what do you guys want the score to be? 70-10?
How many times did people crack 50? There were alot of low scoring games out there...not to mention the leader in point wasn't above like 26 a game.

DCX

DCX said:
How many times did people crack 50? There were alot of low scoring games out there...not to mention the leader in point wasn't above like 26 a game.

DCX

The only reason people didn't crack 50 was because of GAFs rule of Respect and Anti-running up the score policy. If I could play like the Packers did last week IRL I would be hitting 50 in some games where I've won XX-0 . But because I don't like to dissapoint people like Slo, I don't do it. I just like going for deep passes and gain yards for my stats but I never score :)

Outside of the league I make ColdBlooded my bitch and destroy him as much as possible...but then again its not me destroying him, its EA. =)

Fifty

Yeah....even if people think the team stats weren't realistic (I think they were great) it's hard to argue the player stats if you look at them.

Top Bottom