• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oklahoma Double Execution Botched: "We're going to close the blinds temporarily."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

awwwww poor murderer felt pain before dying.

funny how these people can do fuck all to get the death penalty but the moment they suffer a little we scream bloody murder for the insanity to stop.

Priorities.

Can someone explain to me why we worry about being humane while killing a guy like
This? Just curious

Because we* are a civilised society.

* Obviously with many exceptions to the rule as witnessed by this thread.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tell that to the 19 year old girl who this guy shotgunned and watched as his thugs buried her alive.

Political Correctness has no place in circumstances like this.

I'm sorry if I dont want my justice system run on appeals to emotions and revenge.

DeaviL

Banned
If you can read how the execution went without cringing,
and then follow that up with a post where you applaud this...

Then visit a Psychiatrist.

This has nothing to do with "political correctness." We are supposedly BETTER then the people we do this to, and should act accordingly.
The victim didn't get a humane death, she got a brutal death.

How does giving this guy a quick, painless, death make us "better"? I see it as the exact opposite. It would be insulting to give this guy an easy out.

Honestly, he should have gotten a load of buckshot in his stomach, kicked into a grave, and dirt shoveled onto him. That's what she got, after all.

Jb

Because we* are a civilised society.

* Obviously with many exceptions to the rule as witnessed by this thread.

Use of capital punishment by country:

1 China
2 Iran
3 Iraq
4 Saudi Arabia
5 United States
6 Yemen
7 Sudan
8 Afghanistan
9 The Gambia
10 Japan
11 North Korea
12 Somalia
13 Palestinian National Authority
14 Taiwan
15 South
16 Belarus
17 Botswana
18 Bangladesh 1
19 India
20 Pakistan
21 United Arab Emirates

Yeah you're in really civilised company.

DarkFlow

Banned

How does giving this guy a quick, painless, death make us "better"? I see it as the exact opposite. It would be insulting to give this guy an easy out.

Honestly, he should have gotten a load of buckshot in his stomach, kicked into a grave, and dirt shoveled onto him. That's what she got, after all.
Because justice is not based on some sick revenge fantasy.

bomma_man

What is the point of criminal justice in your opinion?

But then the person who carries that type execution out deserves the sames thing to happen to him right? And then whoever takes care of that guy needs to be executed in a similar fashion, because anything else would be insulting.

Yagharek

Yeah you're in really civilised company.

Indeed. (If I wasn't clear above I was making the point the death penalty is abhorrent, uncivilised and so are its proponents.

By 'we' I meant western societies that dont have a death penalty like my home, Australia. It baffles me that the USA still has it, especially knowing they are invariably executing innocent people who are falsely convicted. Let alone the fact the punishment itself is inhumane.

Yagharek

I hope you never end up working in the legal or judiciary sectors. Anywhere. Or wind up on a jury.

I know it costs money, but if their guilty of murder I think I'd rather let them sit jail for life. I mean if I were given the two options of dying or sitting in a 6x8 cell for the rest of my life the choice would be easy.

But then the person who carries that type execution out deserves the sames thing to happen to him right? And then whoever takes care of that guy needs to be executed in a similar fashion, because anything else would be insulting.
Fail logic. Looks like the doctors need the injections administered to them too!

Try again please.

Hunter S.

Talking with someone in real life about the death penalty sucks when you say you are pro, those against it usually react angrily. I remain calm and they get so angry. Not worth talking about.

Also, you can tell it is angrily bash America's policy hour when all the spelling are written in non-American spelling.

Peace

Pand

It baffles me how some people completely fail to see the big picture when it comes to capital punishment. You're inevitably killing innocent people, and quite frankly the discussion could stop there. It's a terrifying state of affairs.

bomma_man

No of course not but dont expect me to lose any sleep or feign outrage because a pice of shit felt pain while dying its still not comparable to the pain he inflicted.

I don't think anyone is arguing that his actions aren't horrible, just that they can't condone this type of punishment being done in their name (if you believe that the authority of government is drawn from the people).

Chichikov

I know it costs money, but if their guilty of murder I think I'd rather let them sit jail for life. I mean if I were given the two options of dying or sitting in a 6x8 cell for the rest of my life the choice would be easy.
A Life sentence costs less money than executing a person.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I don't think anyone is arguing that his actions aren't horrible, just that they can't condone this type of punishment being done in their name (if you believe that the authority of government is drawn from the people).

This exact statement probably accounted for 1/5 of the posts in the thread but people still seem to like making false equivalencies.

Dryk

Indeed. (If I wasn't clear above I was making the point the death penalty is abhorrent, uncivilised and so are its proponents.

By 'we' I meant western societies that dont have a death penalty like my home, Australia. It baffles me that the USA still has it, especially knowing they are invariably executing innocent people who are falsely convicted. Let alone the fact the punishment itself is inhumane.
There are a lot of people who call for blood at the drop of a hat in our country too you know :(

BigDes

It baffles me how some people completely fail to see the big picture when it comes to capital punishment. You're inevitably killing innocent people, and quite frankly the discussion could stop there. It's a terrifying state of affairs.

Indeed, there was a recent study where I think it was statistically about 4% of inmates on Death Row would be completely if their case was looked at again properly.

kmax

Well, color me surprised. The death pen rears its ugly head yet again, and this time, we have a botched execution with a cruel end. There is nothing humane about killing another person, and this goes to show just how brutal it can be. Absolutely despicable. I'm confounded that this barbaric practice hasn't been abolished state wide already.

Not only is it barbaric and an enormous waste of resources, lord only knows the unknown number of innocent people who are put on death row and are subsequently killed for crimes they did not commit. And some call that justice, huh?

Despicable.

Conservatives on twitter are gloating about this talking about bringing back the guillotine, firing squads, and hangings
Surely, if you insist on capital punishment, a firing squad is better than this shit? When you get to the point at which you're killing someone with their knowledge at a specified time, 12 guns pointed at his or her head is going to basically kill them instantly in practically every case that isn't Wolverine.

I think you jumped into a deeper swimming pool than you expected. Your logic is the busted one.
You don't even have a rational opinion. You stated that whoever performs the execution should themselves be executed the same way.

So in this case, the doctors performing this lethal injection should themselves be injected for performing it.

My rationale is that the punishment fits the crime in the truest sense of the term.

You make no sense, and I'm not even sure you know what this thread is about.

Walshicus

That people can sit calmly and decide that the killing of another person - harmless in gaol - is a noble act... I don't think there's much else that condemns us as a species on the same level.

Yagharek

Talking with someone in real life about the death penalty sucks when you say you are pro, those against it usually react angrily. I remain calm and they get so angry. Not worth talking about.

Also, you can tell it is angrily bash America's policy hour when all the spelling are written in non-American spelling.

Peace

I guess people who are fine with killing are less likely to be upset about the consequences.

There are a lot of people who call for blood at the drop of a hat in our country too you know :(

I know. But thankfully our laws are robust and in this instance humane.

Yagharek

You don't even have a rational opinion. You stated that whoever performs the execution should themselves be executed the same way.

So in this case, the doctors performing this lethal injection should themselves be injected for performing it.

My rationale is that the punishment fits the crime in the truest sense of the term.

Direct quotes please.

If you read the ones from which you are basing your argument, you will find the poster is only taking your inane argument to its logical extent.

DarkFlow

Banned

A machine kills him with lethal injection, you want someone to fucking fire a shotgun into his gut, kick him into a grave and bury him. Do you not see how these two things are wildly different?

Spartacus

Countries that kill their criminals are fogy to me. It's barbaric, regardless the way it is done. I don't understand why en how this is still done in a country like the USA, that claims to be a western and civilized country. To me it's still isn't.

US politics and the juridical system have a long way to go to make sense to me, the current systems are destroying the country from within and make the USA look like a medieval, racist and retarded country.

I don't understand why everybody is so patriotic while a major part of the world hates the USA and the way things are done, and these things don't help at all.
When will they wake up....?

Chunky

I've lost faith in most of society. There are good people, but not many. No matter how intelligent and advance we get, humans will always be prone to greed, lust, and violence. It's sad to say, but remove the presence of authority and chaos will break out eventually. Entropy is the natural form of life. If humans didn't exist the planet would be in a much better condition.
If humans didn't exist, there wouldn't be anything to observe it being in a better condition, so what would be the point?

Krabardaf

Conservatives on twitter are gloating about this talking about bringing back the guillotine, firing squads, and hangings

Well to be honest this kind of news makes you wonder what you'd choose.

There's something I don't get. Why don't they use gaz, like the one used in assisted suicide?
This seems easier, less risked, and far more humane. Assuming there's any humanity into killing someone I mean.

Khaz

But Republican Gov. Mary Fallin insisted they be executed regardless of the court's ruling

So in America a governor has that much power he can say "fuck the ruling, I want this man dead" and get it? That's fucked up. And straight up assassination.

Yagharek

Yea, because lethal injection is completely devoid of any human involvement, right?

Laff.

Are you being deliberately dense?

You advocated execution by shotgun in the gut, then kicking them into the grave. I get the impression you are having a different discussion to everyone else in this thread.

Yagharek

So civilised that your society bombs kids. But these poor murderers suffer pain? Oh the travesty, oh the humanity.

By 'we' I meant western society. Not my country, Australia, which doesnt have a death penalty.

Obviously bombing kids is wrong. But so is capital punishment since an imperfect legal system means that inevitably lots of innocent people get executed.

Countries that kill their criminals are fogy to me. It's barbaric, regardless the way it is done. I don't understand why en how this is still done in a country like the USA, that claims to be a western and civilized country. To me it's still isn't.

US politics and the juridical system have a long way to go to make sense to me, the current systems are destroying the country from within and make the USA look like a medieval, racist and retarded country.

I don't understand why everybody is so patriotic while a major part of the world hates the USA and the way things are done, and these things don't help at all.
When will they wake up....?

Japan has the death penalty and also has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Not to say that the death penalty affects crime rates, I don't think it does, but I lived in Australia which doesn't have the death penalty and with the vicious and senseless violence that frequently happens in that country it doesn't seem more civilised, at all.

It's unfortunate what happened to that piece of shit who buried the girl alive, he should have had a quick painless death. I hope as he was suffering he had an epiphany of what that poor girl must have endured at his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom