• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

I28F80p.png

OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood

Developer: Roll7

Release date: March 3, 2015 (NA)

Platforms: PS4, PS Vita

Features: Cross-buy, Cross-Save

Price: $14.99, Free for PS+ Subscribers (March IGC)

iIFg2esMi3EhH.png

From the official OlliOlli 2 site:

http://www.roll7.co.uk/#!olliolli2/ccko

Back with a vengeance

Drop in to Olliwood and prepare for finger-flippin’ mayhem in this follow up to cult smash OlliOlli.

The iconic skater is going all green-screen with a stunning new look, plucking you from the street and dropping you squarely in the middle of the big screen’s most bodacious cinematic locations.

The sequel boasts all new Ramps and Epic Hills allowing for monster air and multi-route levels. Further, OlliOlli2’s combo system has been expanded. The joy of Manuals, Reverts, Revert Manuals and Grind Switching giving you more control and expression than ever before.

The hallowed ‘Tricktionary’ also expands with new specials including 540 Shove-its, Anti-Casper Flips and Darkslides.

There’s Five NEW worlds, 50 NEW Amateur and Pro Levels and 250 NEW Challenges to tear through, along with the return of the much loved Daily Grind, Spots Mode and RAD Mode.

OlliOlli2 will be introducing a gnarly NEW Mode: Combo Rush, a split-screen Local Multiplayer (up to four players) with four game modes. This is set to be released post launch – date TBC.

Once again, the crate diggers at Roll7 have scoured the airwaves for a shimmering extended soundtrack, including, Cid Rim, Lone, Faulty DL, Submerse and Mike Slott.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmkspv2Do_s

Screenshots:

Sorry for the halfassed OT, didn't see it claimed and wanted a place for everyone to discuss the game since I think it will be quite popular with PS+. I'll update it in a bit with some more screenshots and stuff.

sn00zer

Played an Olli Olli game for the first time...this game i hard a bawls.....wow

Also man do the objectives and style give me a hankering for Tony Hawk....this game is good, but I miss the third dimension

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I've played this quite a bit. If you're a fan of the original, you will absolutely love it. It expands and improves on OlliOlli in the best ways possible, and the four player mode coming soon is great fun.

WoolyNinja

Can't wait to try it... the first one was one of my favorite "I'll just give it one more try" type games. I'd start playing it and all of the sudden an hour had gone by.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just started playing the first a couple days ago. Hard as hell but I really enjoy it. Pumped this is hitting PS+ day one.

mp1990

Banned
Very anxious to play this one,looks awesome ! Do i need to play the first one to understand the mechanics of the sequel or i can jump directly on this one ?

Very anxious to play this one,looks awesome ! Do i need to play the first one to understand the mechanics of the sequel or i can jump directly on this one ?

I haven't played the 2nd one yet but the first had a nice and simple tutorial section that teaches the basics, there's also a "tricktionary" which has a move list with the necessary inputs.

I imagine this one will be similar.

Part of me is glad that I'm purchasing a Vita slim because the first OlliOlli nearly made me want to break my OLED Vita several times.

Looking forward to playing OlliOlli2 on my OLED once more. :D

eFKac

Lol agreed with the title. This game (or more like the first game and Velocity 2X) were fucking hard on my DS4 :-D

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So I can download this to my ps4 or? I may have gotten the vita PS Plus version by mistake. Edit nvm.

Fjordson

I'm excited to get into this tonight. Loved the first one.

For people who have played, how's the soundtrack? That was one of the best things about the first game.

kevin1025

Banned
Pretty great day for PS4 owners, with this and Helldivers, along with the PS+ games. Can't wait to get into this tonight, I loved the hell out of the first game (even though I was terrible at it).

malcher

Does Cross-Save mean I can start playing on PS4 and then continue on Vita? How do I transfer the saves? (Sorry if the answers are obvious, haven't used my Vita in ages :(

Does Cross-Save mean I can start playing on PS4 and then continue on Vita? How do I transfer the saves? (Sorry if the answers are obvious, haven't used my Vita in ages :(

Usually there's something in-game that allows you to upload or download your save game from the cloud. At least that's how it works in Binding of Isaac and Hotline Miami.

Moze

Banned
I'm really looking forward to starting this tomorrow.

It took me ages to get out of the habit of pressing X to olli in the first game.

Guys the music! It is sooo good. It's starting to snow really hard outside, I'm gonna put my good hold headset on and chill with olliolli2 and its amazing music.

I vastly prefer playing this with the Vita nub, it works really well with the flicking actions required. My performance with DS4 is much less.

This game is 10/10. They perfected the presentation and formula with the sequel. Excited to see what Roll7 is doing next.

Not a fan of the controls.

I'd prefer X to be Ollie. Or no landing mechanic. Or the right stick to prepare your trick.

Play more.. the controls are perfect. I don't see how it would work any other way.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Not a fan of the controls.

I'd prefer X to be Ollie. Or no landing mechanic. Or the right stick to prepare your trick.
I'm not too fond of the controls myself. I'll give it a few more hours to see if I can adjust, otherwise I'm just gonna delete it and never touch it again.

Mikey Jr.

Honestly, I would never have even looked at this without PS+. Honest truth.

Its being on IGC will make me at least try it out. Hope to like it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Get used to it. It will click, it is very rewarding once you wrap your head around it.
Yeah I'm sure I will. I didn't play the first one so the controls are a totally new experience for me. Alas, I was just called into the office, so I'll have to get back into it once I get home.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm sure I will. I didn't play the first one so the controls are a totally new experience for me. Alas, I was just called into the office, so I'll have to get back into it once I get home.

It's the hardest thing in the world, but then you get used to it.
Then they introduce spins and it becomes the hardest thing in the world again, but then you get used to it.
This will repeat all the way up to Revert Manuals. When you get used to those, you're ready for Rad Mode.

I'm learning very quickly that I am shit at this game. Trying to learn how to land and the big "sloppy" appears is a big fat failure banner. I'm sure I'll get it, but again, I'm shit so far.

ryseing

Soundtrack is so good. OMG.

Please let me buy it Roll7.

Super impressed with the little improvements so far. Was there a quick restart that showed challenges in the first game?

I'm learning very quickly that I am shit at this game. Trying to learn how to land and the big "sloppy" appears is a big fat failure banner. I'm sure I'll get it, but again, I'm shit so far.

Yeah the original took me a long time to wrap my head around, but it quickly became my favorite Vita game once I had the controls down.

I can't wait to get home tonight and play this. It just looks sooooo good.

Top Bottom