• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

sep

Done all amateur challenges, all pro levels, some pro challenges but the high-score ones are too much. Well, it has been a fun ride!

ajcacio

Banned
For anyone whose had trouble with the multi-motion tricks I think I figured out how to perform them regulary. Do the first part of the motion (yellow in tricktionary) then quickly tap (don't hold!) the shoulder button and perform the second part of the motion (white) at the same time. Try to make it as fluid as possible!

Also did the new update today add more vibration or something? I feel like there's constant vibration now all the time in the game on my DS4 and it's really odd.

Renpatsu

I guess I'll have to check out the leaderboards as they are before I could decide. I thought they could determine a glitched score from a real one, but I guess they were playing it by ear for the most part.

Schlep

Took a few hours, but I finally got all the developer heads. Probably going to finish out the daily grinds and call it a game. I'll leave the challenges and RAD mode to the pros. Lots and lots of fun made up for the occasional frustration.

Dingy

Neo Member
Got the Platinum today. Such a good game and with the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 OST on Spotify simply perfect. I'm so glad this was an PS+ game. I would defenetly buy OlliOll3 if it comes.

Sort of LTTP to this. Decided to play some of my PS Plus games while taking a break from Bloodborne and finally tried this game out. This game is absolutely excellent. It is really hard though. I thought Bloodborne would be the hardest game of March, but Bloodborne doesn't even come close to this game.

I have beaten all the Amateur challenges. Wow at the difficulty spike in the Titan Sky levels. That's where the game tells you to start using spins or you will have no chance of getting the combo and hi-score challenges in some of them. Took me a long ass time to learn, but knowing how to maximize the amount of spins you are doing is absolutely vital to getting the high score challenges in the Pro Levels. So in the end, all that torment I was going through to beat the Titan Sky Amateur challenges paid off.

Now I'm going through the Pro levels, doing the challenges as I go. And it's not as difficult, although I need a lot of tries to clear the high score challenges where 3M+ points are needed (1-5 and 2-3 so far). My strategy is to eschew doing any advanced tricks at all, using just kickflips, heelflips and ollies, so that I have the maximum possible time to do the maximum number of flips to build that combo meter. But with how much trouble I'm having beating the score challenges, just barely squeezing by after near perfect runs using this strategy, I have a feeling I may need to re-think my strategy and start incorporating more advanced tricks to build my score. I checked ahead, and it seems the game will start going a bit easier on me for a while with the score requirements. But the final level has a score requirement of 5M. That will be fucking hard. I will probably have to switch up my strategy by then.

Also fuck some of the challenges that require specific tricks to be made. Those double-movement tricks are an absolute pain. Some of them I have a less than 10 % success rate on even when I'm practising doing them in the skatepark. One of the challenges ahead will require me to do the bottom two tricks in the tricktionary in a level-long combo. That one will probably take me an entire day.

Still, this game is so excellent that I will most likely put up with that. To get through more of the games I haven't had time to play, I decided to stop really caring about trophies, but this game is so excellent that I will be going for the platinum.

ZQQLANDER

Anybody have good advice for pulling off a double laserflip? I can't for the life of me pull an overcrook grind to double laserflip to complete a challenge.

Edit: I'm obviously doing something wrong because I just pull off a backside shove-it.

Renpatsu

Anybody have good advice for pulling off a double laserflip? I can't for the life of me pull an overcrook grind to double laserflip to complete a challenge.

Edit: I'm obviously doing something wrong because I just pull off a backside shove-it.
In order to pull off an Overcrook grind you need to hold the L and R buttons and hold left on the analog stick, however once you're in the grind you can let go of the R button.

Now you should be holding only the L button and the analog stick to the left.

Quickly move the analog stick clockwise to the 6 o'clock position and then back anti-clockwise and letting go at the 3 o'clock position. You should pull off the Double Laserflip.

If you're not pulling it off make sure you haven't got the R button held down and that you're doing the full motion required of the Double Laserflip.

Kelthink

I'm sorry Renpatsu! It's the first time in ages I didn't fluff up the daily score. Still time for me to lose.

Incidentally, loads of cheaty scores are being deleted, which is good. Though I noticed one of shine3p's got deleted, which was odd. Also the ranking numbers aren't in order for some levels, so, ugh.

Renpatsu

I'm sorry Renpatsu! It's the first time in ages I didn't fluff up the daily score. Still time for me to lose.

Incidentally, loads of cheaty scores are being deleted, which is good. Though I noticed one of shine3p's got deleted, which was odd. Also the ranking numbers aren't in order for some levels, so, ugh.
Hmn, yeah. I noticed some of my scores were out of whack with the rest of the leaderboards.

ZQQLANDER

In order to pull off an Overcrook grind you need to hold the L and R buttons and hold left on the analog stick, however once you're in the grind you can let go of the R button.

Now you should be holding only the L button and the analog stick to the left.

Quickly move the analog stick clockwise to the 6 o'clock position and then back anti-clockwise and letting go at the 3 o'clock position. You should pull off the Double Laserflip.

If you're not pulling it off make sure you haven't got the R button held down and that you're doing the full motion required of the Double Laserflip.

I'm doing that (or at least I think I am) so I must not be doing it quick enough.

Kelthink

Hmn, yeah. I noticed some of my scores were out of whack with the rest of the leaderboards.

My brother (mexanhat) has told me my name's been wiped from a few levels, although it doesn't appear like that on my game...? Like my scores have been shadowbanned or something. Gah! I'm never topping some of my old scores, though I did just get a ludicrous score on Gunmetal Creek Amateur 4.

It's kind of easy, just need lots of focus. Basically, jump onto the train to grind and slow down as much as possible, do a Bigspin Heel/Flip, do a grind switch, slow down, do another Bigspin move etc. until the end where you slightly speed up and big trick off the train.

I need some help here.
How can you pull off double tricks? I'm struggling to complete all the amateur stuff due to this. Looking in the tricktionary, I can't seem to make sense of when I have to do what rotations. Anyone know how you nail these? Because I'm doubtful I ever have, even in sheer luck.

Renpatsu

I need some help here.
How can you pull off double tricks? I'm struggling to complete all the amateur stuff due to this. Looking in the tricktionary, I can't seem to make sense of when I have to do what rotations. Anyone know how you nail these? Because I'm doubtful I ever have, even in sheer luck.
Any tricks in particular? I'm happy to help out.

If you scrub through this thread this question pops up a lot and people have given advice (myself included) based on their own experiences, but given the thread is 19 pages long finding specific advice in the mass is a bit hard.

At any rate I'll give an example.
To pull off the Double Heelflip to begin with you need to hold the L button and with the left analog stick push it to the left. This will be your starting position.

Be sure to have the L button held down for the duration of the trick. With the left analog stick move it anti-clockwise to the 3 o'clock position and then clockwise to the 6 o'locl position. At this point you should let go of the stick completely.

The speed at which you move the stick is comparable to pulling off a move in a fighting game so keep that in mind.

Any tricks in particular? I'm happy to help out.

If you scrub through this thread this question pops up a lot and people have given advice (myself included) based on their own experiences, but given the thread is 19 pages long finding specific advice in the mass is a bit hard.

At any rate I'll give an example.
To pull off the Double Heelflip to begin with you need to hold the L button and with the left analog stick push it to the left. This will be your starting position.

Be sure to have the L button held down for the duration of the trick. With the left analog stick move it anti-clockwise to the 3 o'clock position and then clockwise to the 6 o'locl position. At this point you should let go of the stick completely.

The speed at which you move the stick is comparable to pulling off a move in a fighting game so keep that in mind.
I managed to pop a few - with some consistency. It seems tricky to pull off in a moment to moment gameplay though. Hopefully I can manage to at least do the challenges. The Vita sticks make it quite a bit harder.

Bump - despite my best efforts I can never pop any tricks requiring me to hold L or R consistently. Do I hold the button, tap it then do the movement, or something else? I can do every challenge except these.

Renpatsu

Bump - despite my best efforts I can never pop any tricks requiring me to hold L or R consistently. Do I hold the button, tap it then do the movement, or something else? I can do every challenge except these.
Hold the L or R button for the entire motion of the trick. Keep it held down after you let go if necessary.

devkitt

Neo Member
Been following this topic since day 1. Account JUST got activated. Cracked the top 10 at one point, but it seems that they never fixed the leaderboards after that glitch.

derExperte

Coming to PC in two weeks btw.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365660/

header.jpg

jett

D-Member
Been playing on PC, already five-starred all the amateur tracks. Man this game is SO AWESOME. All of the additions like manuals and grind-switches have changed the game completely. O2 has an amazing flow, I already liked the first game but this is a crazy upgrade. This is really one of my faves of the year.

Been playing on PC, already five-starred all the amateur tracks. Man this game is SO AWESOME. All of the additions like manuals and grind-switches have changed the game completely. O2 has an amazing flow, I already liked the first game but this is a crazy upgrade. This is really one of my faves of the year.

Yeah, it's really great. Can't believe I got it with Plus when it launched.

Snowballo

Wow! This game is awesome but hard as balls.

I almost Platinumed the first OlliOlli but this one is much more difficult to me.
I'm trying to get all stars before going forward but I got stuck at:

AMATEUR LEVEL
Titan Sky, Through the Reactor Core (Scene 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqjIx97ME6s
6:50 - How the hell am I supposed to do that 50x combo?!?

Then I tried to start the
PRO LEVEL
Olliwood - Olliwood Bowl (Scene 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MaDNzHk12k
2.20 - I cannot reach that 1.600.000 points target :/

I suck.

ty_hot

This game is nuts. Pure awesomeness. Super addictive.

Im finishing the amateur levels, only one goal I cant do:

Titan sky (last 'world'), scene 4
Nosegrind to laserflip

How am i supposed to do it? Nosegrind has the analog stick to the right, laserflip starts with it on the left. So???

I finished everything else. Playing on vita btw, but I o have a ps4 as well in case the' trick' is easier there.

I cant wait for the pro levels and then maaaaybe RAD mode.

Fucking love this game - got it for Xbox One along with Not A Hero (which is super awesome, glad it was bundled though at first I was a little mad only the two together were on sale but anyway) and I can't believe how responsive it is on my TV. The first game I had to turn game mode on to play it and even then it was a bit iffy. Enough so it made me put off getting this on Xbone until it was on sale. I'm not sure if they made the timings more forgiving but I can consistently perfect landings with ease without game mode, and play as well or even better than I did on the Vita edition. Basically bumping for awareness, more people need to play this damn game.

Top Bottom