• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

On one of the stages i had to do 2 revert manuals and 2 grind switches in one stage long combo. I though hmm, i bet i fuck them up all the time because i need to do them. Nope, was pretty easy until i got to the end and never had any momentum to actually cross the finish line. 30 fucking tries where i got to the finish line and fell before i finally crossed it.

I know this stage well...hahaha.

So I started this off by going Revert Manual -> Grind Switch -> Revert Manual -> Grind Switch and then doing my thing for the rest of the run. At the end when there's no momentum, I did like four olli-manuals to get to the finish point. I don't understand why they set the end up that way...it's really frustrating.

I know this stage well...hahaha.

So I started this off by going Revert Manual -> Grind Switch -> Revert Manual -> Grind Switch and then doing my thing for the rest of the run. At the end when there's no momentum, I did like four olli-manuals to get to the finish point. I don't understand why they set the end up that way...it's really frustrating.

This is exactly what I did. Frustrating.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, it can be tough, but I am enjoying it.

To make it easier and more beginner friendly, they should get rid of "press X to land".

I honestly don't think it's necessary and just adds another layer of complication to the controls.

Landing normally completes your combo, but you still need to hit X to do a manual.

Slair

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I kept struggling at the very very end of the stage. All I had to do to fix it was instead of landing with a manual or revert manual, just end my combo right there with a perfect normal landing, and push to the finish line if necessary.

See my comment above possibly? I kept failing before realising I was trying to manual over the finish line unnecessarily.

lol, i though you had to cross the line during a manual. I did it, but it was painful.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like Amateur is decidedly easier than in the first game, but Pro got waaayyy harder.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel like Amateur is decidedly easier than in the first game, but Pro got waaayyy harder.
God no. Amateur is a whole other level compared to the first. Especially when you get to Titan Sky. The thing is you've got so much more to think about this time with all the new mechanics.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
God no. Amateur is a whole other level compared to the first. Especially when you get to Titan Sky. The thing is you've got so much more to think about this time with all the new mechanics.
Okay I've only just got halfway through Carnival of the Dead, so the difficulty will surely ramp up (huehue). But so far I completed most challenges no sweat.
Pro though, yeeeaaah nope

I don't unders those asking for X to be jump. There is no jump in this game. The left stick is used to launch tricks and that is also how you get airborne. If that was mapped to X how would you move into different tricks? I find the controls incredibly smart and simple, but difficult to master.

I don't unders those asking for X to be jump. There is no jump in this game. The left stick is used to launch tricks and that is also how you get airborne. Of that was mapped to X how would you move into different tricks? I find the controls incredibly smart and simple, but difficult to master.

It does make sense for maybe the first hour of the game, but yeah once I got used to everything any control-switching just won't work.

pariah164

I am utter shit at this game. Barely passed the damn tutorial, got wasted on the first stage. Too frustrated to continue.

I have no idea what I'm doing with revert manuals, do I continue to hold x as I manual or no or what, which way do I move the left stick etc.

see5harp

Just land normally with x and L1 at the same time and then immediately press back on the analog stick. It'll play some scratching noise and your combo will continue.

Just land normally with x and L1 at the same time and then immediately press back on the analog stick. It'll play some scratching noise and your combo will continue.

oh, so r1/r2 is for nose manuals and l1/l2 is for regular manuals, that makes more sense

Steroyd

Oh ma gawd, this game is going to kill me,

Nosegrind into a laserflip is going to kill me, it takes all of my concentration trying to get through the level, by time there's enough grind rail to pull it off, it's the last thing I think of, then i fuck up. D:

On one of the stages i had to do 2 revert manuals and 2 grind switches in one stage long combo. I though hmm, i bet i fuck them up all the time because i need to do them. Nope, was pretty easy until i got to the end and never had any momentum to actually cross the finish line. 30 fucking tries where i got to the finish line and fell before i finally crossed it.

Yeah, I was under the assumption that I had to finish in a combo move for it to register, but nope I went fuck it at the end landed normally then pushed and finished it, funnily enough I got the all perfect challenge completed at the same time.

I have no idea what I'm doing with revert manuals, do I continue to hold x as I manual or no or what, which way do I move the left stick etc.

As long as you move it either left or right it doen't matter, there's a window which you have to push the stick, can't be too early or too late, just as the scratch noise ends.

oh okay, and I'm assuming revert manuals are better for your score so ideally if you have enough space to land them they should be the go-to?

myco666

One challenge to go anymore. Really liking this game except Titan Sky area since it is a lot of trial and error. Also playing this on vita is killing my index finger.

unless your buttons are different then mine, X should control all manuals.

X+right = nose manual
X+left = manual

R1/R2/L1/L2 used for grinds and spins and such.
I'm talking about revert manuals, i still don't really get them that much but at least I have the timing down sorta

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I'm talking about revert manuals, i still don't really get them that much but at least I have the timing down sorta

Revert Manuals behave the same way as regular manuals. Left on the stick creates a manual, right on the stick creates a nose manual. R2 and L2 (or R1 and L1, they're the same) when landing only affect the direction of the revert - backside or frontside.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just finished Titan Sky Pro 1. Oh my that was difficult. God knows how much harder the rest will be. But hey got number 3 on the leaderboard my first finish so that's something.

pariah164

Nope. NOPE.

I'm fucking done with this game.

MXWpHJhkIDFU4.gif

Jumps are never high enough, I'm getting lousy grades, I can't seem to do ANY tricks properly...

Nope.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just beat Titan Sky 2 and 3 Pro. Wold number 3 and 5. This game is hard as balls but when you have that clean run through a hard stage it feels so good.

Renpatsu

For those attempting Revert Manuals it's probably better to think of them in terms of their separate tricks: The Revert and the Manual.

Reverts are done exactly the same way as a normal landing (by pressing X) except with the addition of pressing L (for a Frontslide Revert) or R (for a Backslide Revert) simultaneously.

When you attempt a Revert Manual you are doing the above motions and then almost immediately holding the analog stick to the left (for a Manual) or to the right (for a Nose Manual). You do not need to keep X or the triggers held down while you manual.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Probably the hardest level in the game. Titan Sky Pro 5 is difficult only because of the '9 Grind Switches and 9 Revert Manuals in one level-long combo' challenge.
Ok I take it back. You are a liar. Titan Sky Pro 4 and 5 are leagues harder than 3. 5 in particular is pretty insane.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
I had a bad moment with this game, the other night. I thought I'd try to double heelspin challenge, and not give up until I got it. The game broke me...

I didn't have to go all the way through the end in a combo. Just land on the final platform with a perfect landing and push the rest of the way through. I think the trigger is tied to just having done one combo all level.

Thanks for that, I thought I had to be doing something wrong as I just couldn't do it my way!

I've now managed to finish amateur missing just a couple of challenges on Titan Sky. Not quite sure how I'll end up getting some of those challenges but I'll certainly give it a shot.

I'm really enjoying this game but I've not quite enjoyed Titan Sky as much as the rest of the game (and previous game). Not sure what it is, I love a good challenge but I just can't get on with the launchers/super jumps. The timing seems ultra strict on those and a right pain in the ass to get down right.

Steroyd

Thanks for that, I thought I had to be doing something wrong as I just couldn't do it my way!

I've now managed to finish amateur missing just a couple of challenges on Titan Sky. Not quite sure how I'll end up getting some of those challenges but I'll certainly give it a shot.

I'm really enjoying this game but I've not quite enjoyed Titan Sky as much as the rest of the game (and previous game). Not sure what it is, I love a good challenge but I just can't get on with the launchers/super jumps. The timing seems ultra strict on those and a right pain in the ass to get down right.

There's a heavier emphasis on getting a perfect or bust especially at the beginning of Titan 2 and that silly part I gif'd on Titan 4 (even then a perfect isn't a garuntee...).

I'm starting to get used to the Titan levels more though, other than implementing a kickflip underflip in my level long combo, damn do I suck doing tricks with the modifier buttons.

There's a heavier emphasis on getting a perfect or bust especially at the beginning of Titan 2 and that silly part I gif'd on Titan 4 (even then a perfect isn't a garuntee...).

I'm starting to get used to the Titan levels more though, other than implementing a kickflip underflip in my level long combo, damn do I suck doing tricks with the modifier buttons.

Kickflip underflip is a right annoyance. I can pull it off, that's not the problem but I can't do it as part of a combo, then again I did give up pretty easily! I'll get back to it and give it another try at some point. Titan 5 seems to have the toughest challenges for me, I can't even get a 64x combo, not to mention the 360 spins challenge!

Top Bottom