• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

Auctopus

Not being able to nail revert manuals is such a hard skill check, it's holding me back from the completing pro and later amateur challenges.

In so inconsistent, there must be something I'm doing wrong. I've tried every sort of timing, using noise and animation cues but it all seems random.

I was playing for about 45 minutes last night... when I decided to get up for a drink, I took a look down at my controller and found little shards from the DS4 stick all over the controller. Twas pretty gnarly. I fear for my controllers :(

Not being able to nail revert manuals is such a hard skill check, it's holding me back from the completing pro and later amateur challenges.

In so inconsistent, there must be something I'm doing wrong. I've tried every sort of timing, using noise and animation cues but it all seems random.
Listening to the sound made when you land thr revert is important. After you hear that instantly move the stick left or right. Once you get used to the rhythm it is hard not to hit.

EXIE

Banned
Random q, from what instrument is that sound it makes when you confirm selection with x? Like that 80s sound?

myco666

How do Titan 3, 38 seconds.

*headfulloffuck*

Don't use manual and try to get as many perfect landings and grinds as possible. Upper route was easier for me.

Finished RAD mode. Wow this game is great. Only thing that is still a problem that was also in the first is not seeing enough of the level to prepare for what is coming up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok now I'm getting pissed off. Why the fuck does the double laserflip not register the first motion? The motion in the trictionary is legit wrong. It's not doing it, and I fucking know I'm doing the exact motion it says. For some reason the game completely ignores your clockwise motion and decides to act as if you're only doing a backside shove it. God I'm so mad right now. To pull this off from an overcrook grind in he very limited window you have is bad enough so I would like the game to at least register when I do a correct fucking motion.

Steroyd

Don't use manual and try to get as many perfect landings and grinds as possible. Upper route was easier for me.

Finished RAD mode. Wow this game is great. Only thing that is still a problem that was also in the first is not seeing enough of the level to prepare for what is coming up.

But it's a flat and I can't help myself!

myco666

But it's a flat and I can't help myself!

lol manuals slow you down alot though so try not to do them unless it is a must.

Ok now I'm getting pissed off. Why the fuck does the double laserflip not register the first motion? The motion in the trictionary is legit wrong. It's not doing it, and I fucking know I'm doing the exact motion it says. For some reason the game completely ignores your clockwise motion and decides to act as if you're only doing a backside shove it. God I'm so mad right now. To pull this off from an overcrook grind in he very limited window you have is bad enough so I would like the game to at least register when I do a correct fucking motion.

Just try do it faster. I usually practiced moves on flat so that I got the motion down.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
lol manuals slow you down alot though so try not to do them unless it is a must.

Just try do it faster. I usually practiced moves on flat so that I got the motion down.
Speed isn't the issue. I've tried doing it as fast as possible. I've tried it extra slow. I've tried it in between. It doesn't work. And yes I'm practicing on flat.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok new question. Why is the game not counting my overcrook grind to double laserflip? I just did it several times yet the challenge isn't done.

Lol never mind. It registers after you land.

Ok so this is easily the best game I have played all year. I played the previous game solely on the vita and it just didn't click for me but this time on the ds4 it's clicked in a big way and I can't put it down. The only problem is Its destroyed the rubber on the thumbstick on my ds4, it's in tatters OT title is 100% correct

Ok so this is easily the best game I have played all year. I played the previous game solely on the vita and it just didn't click for me but this time on the ds4 it's clicked in a big way and I can't put it down. The only problem is Its destroyed the rubber on the thumbstick on my ds4, it's in tatters OT title is 100% correct

The title was made in jest but has turned out to be unfortunately accurate :p

I've ordered some grips for my controller finally

No Love

Banned
This game is so god damn hard but it's so good. Like... Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 good. AKA perfect.

I'm still stuck on the Aztec stages though. Maybe playing when I'm high is a bad idea.

Renpatsu

Because Revert Manuals are locked in to a specific sequence of finger motions once you do get it you won't have to rely on the sound or animation cues and instead by able to pull it off instinctively. Sometimes focusing too much on the sound or animation can be unnecessary to actually getting the timing right.

Steroyd

30 spins get!

Now I just need to complete Titan 3 in 38 seconds (seriously perfected every landing still didn't get it) and only combo's and high scores remain.

Renpatsu

Now I just need to complete Titan 3 in 38 seconds (seriously perfected every landing still didn't get it) and only combo's and high scores remain.
You'll find that sometimes it's good to just hop a rail early instead of attempting the entire grind in order to retain your momentum.

Thanks for the tips, I managed reach the goal in 38 seconds with (relative) ease without manual'ing.

I'm seriously loving this game, doing which challenges I can first go round and then hitting up the others later as and when I have renewed patience. If nothing else I think I'll manage to clear all the amateur challenges with a little more practice.

seabass0

I have like 10 more stars to get on the last few Titan Sky Amateur levels. Not sure how well I'll do with the Pro levels...but I'll give it a shot.

This game is incredible! Congrats to Roll7 on a worthy sequel.

ZQQLANDER

Need advice for pulling off combos like Smithgrind+Frontside Bigspin consistently. I can't seem to get press L1 at the right time. Do I press L1 right before the left analog reaches 12 o'clock?

I'm just two challenges short of clearing tthe amateur challenges.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do Titan Sky 5-2 - The Kick Underflip challenge. I can pull the move off, but not as part of a combo, and I can't find a spot high enough to perform the move. I assume its possible to do the trick from one of the springs/launchers?

The other is Titan Sky 5-4 - Nosegrind into Laserflip. I can't transition from the nosegrind to the laserflip at all after many times trying. Any tips?

Renpatsu

How do you unlock the 13th skate park tutorial?
They seem to unlock as you encounter challenges relating to that mechanic in the career mode.
Need advice for pulling off combos like Smithgrind+Frontside Bigspin consistently. I can't seem to get press L1 at the right time. Do I press L1 right before the left analog reaches 12 o'clock?
Hold L1 during the entire motion instead.
Does anyone have any advice on how to do Titan Sky 5-2 - The Kick Underflip challenge. I can pull the move off, but not as part of a combo, and I can't find a spot high enough to perform the move. I assume its possible to do the trick from one of the springs/launchers?
You can pull off the Kickflip Underflip at the very first descending rail (so when you're just about to jump down after the long flat section) at the very beginning of the level.
The other is Titan Sky 5-4 - Nosegrind into Laserflip. I can't transition from the nosegrind to the laserflip at all after many times trying. Any tips?
When you're in the Nosegrind just take your time (I'm assuming you can fine a long piece of rail to perform this on such as through the core) and move your stick clockwise to the 9 o'clock position. Now just flick it counter-clockwise back the way you came to pull off the Laserflip.

BadHand

Ok new question. Why is the game not counting my overcrook grind to double laserflip? I just did it several times yet the challenge isn't done.

Lol never mind. It registers after you land.

I've been trying to pull this move for the last hour. I can double laserflip no problem... just not out of that grind grrrr

Number45

I'm not into the hard stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to getting to it. LOVE the manuals (thought I'd struggle with them). Same as the first game though, even the most basic of trick combo challenges give me all sorts of trouble.

Five-O grind to laserflip? Nope.

Auctopus

Okay... I've finally got revert manuals down. Thanks to the people that told me that I just need to find the rhythm, that definitely helped.

Almost finished all Amateur challenges, just a few left on the Titan levels.

noomi

I love this game, but man oh man am I terrible at it haha. I struggle to get through stages and almost never finish any of the stage challange/goals... lucky if I get one :p

Hit a wall on Titan 2 amateur, all I want to do is finish amateur... game is going to torture me now!

Any tips on just getting through the titan levels?

What a fucking game. Finally finished the RAD levels and still can't believe I did it. Nowhere near as frustrating as some of the advanced tricks though. In fact, pulling those advanced tricks off is my only real complaint with the game - it's just way too fickle.

Easily my favorite game of the year so far. My poor Vita thumbstick though.

noomi

Hmmm.... If I have the game on my ps4 and have uploaded my saves to online storage can I download those saves and use them on my vita and vice versa?

theaface

Hmmm.... If I have the game on my ps4 and have uploaded my saves to online storage can I download those saves and use them on my vita and vice versa?

It's far simpler than that. Just do the following within the game itself:

1. For the first time you use cross-save, select 'Reset cross save'. This is because of a minor bug that is being patched out, otherwise you wouldn't need to reset.
2. Select 'Sync cross save' on the PS4.
3. Select 'Sync cross save' on the Vita.
4. Profit.

Obviously reverse the PS4/Vita as appropriate.

Having played on both, I would personally recommend playing on the Vita over the PS4. The lag input is less, the controls are slightly easier, and it's more forgiving on the Vita's thumbstick that the DS4's rubber.

You can pull off the Kickflip Underflip at the very first descending rail (so when you're just about to jump down after the long flat section) at the very beginning of the level.

When you're in the Nosegrind just take your time (I'm assuming you can fine a long piece of rail to perform this on such as through the core) and move your stick clockwise to the 9 o'clock position. Now just flick it counter-clockwise back the way you came to pull off the Laserflip.

Worked like a charm! It took me longer to get the Kick Underflip challenge, I couldn't get the motion right when combo'ing and so it was more luck than skill when I finally got it!

That's all the amateur challenges done, now onto finishing off the pro levels and then working on the pro challenges... Damn I love this game!

Top Bottom