• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreimo TV: Your Little Sister Won't Ever Be This Cute (Or This Otaku)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Tenkei said:
kiunchbb is trying to be cute, so I'll explain.
Kirino has eroge involving scatology because her favourite artist was involved.
I can see why she'd be embarrassed to show her brother the extent of her obsessions.

Damn you're right, sorry it been too long since I read the novel, I guess only the most important part stuck in my head.

However, for my defense, this is the same girl that said
she didn't play those games for the "h"
, so that may not be the actual reason =p

I don't remember who, but someone was asking if they should read the novel. I suggest just read up to the point where the anime end, and stop there. Spoiling yourself will ruin so much fun on what's going to happen (that's if they make season 2).

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Finale was awesome, show was awesome. Kirino haters gonna hate, she's a fantastic character.

Trent Strong said:
All those conspiracy theorists who think that she plays those little sister games as some sort of substitute for her brother's affection.
They're wronnnnngggggg.

faridmon

Lambtron said:
Finale was awesome, show was awesome. Kirino haters gonna hate, she's a fantastic character.

They're wronnnnngggggg.
I was gone for quite some time from this forums but...
WTF at your Avatar :lol :lol :lol

since when did Kirino have a defence force?

jman2050

faridmon said:

There's plenty of insane screwed up people in this world you know.

Azure J

I'm playing catch up on this series because of the good reviews from this thread. I'm on episode 5 right now, and I seriously can't believe that Kyosuke hasn't entertained the thought of throttling Kirino. Fucking bitch. :lol

Ayase is more hilarious than creepy at this point, but I blame my own desensitization and the fact that this trope in anime is played out to no end. Overall, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit, but I must say, Saori is just too awesome. :lol

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Enjoyed the final episode, thought it was a bit anti-climactic (definitely gunning for an S2/DVD sales). I kinda get the impression that the album contained a scrapbook of admiration for Kyouske, like pictures from stuff he's done better, sort of a secret appreciation that she's had for him all along that might have started everything off and made her want to be "like a big brother" too.

RurouniZel said:
This is all I need to say.

kurodance.gif

So awesome.
Legendary Warrior said:
Of all the reasons I want a Season 2, more Kuroneko is definitely #1.
Ah-ha! More recruits for the Kuroneko Defense Force >:D

RurouniZel said:
3. People who watch the show because it's fun, despite the main heroine being a 14 year old bitch, because the other characters make up for it. Plus Kyousuke's a pretty stand up dude, even if Kirino doesn't deserve it.
4. People who watch the show because they actually DO have younger sisters and can on certain levels relate to the wacky hijinks of the show.

My sisters don't tend to act the tsundere like Kirino does (the 14yo one sometimes...), but even if they did, I would TOTALLY do everything Kyouske did for his sister, just because they're my sisters. I'd probably go about it in a different way, do less to make my father hate my very existence, but I'd seriously put up with that kind of abuse, and have in the past to a lesser extent. It's an older brother thing.

hellclerk

zoku88 said:
I don't think Kuroneko even needs a defense force
No, we do, for we are locked in eternal struggle against the Manami, Saori, and Kreepy Kirino Wincest Ship Defense Forces! Adorable Goth Lolita for the ship!

zoku88

doomed1 said:
No, we do, for we are locked in eternal struggle against the Manami, Saori, and Kreepy Kirino Wincest Ship Defense Forces! Adorable Goth Lolita for the ship!
zoku has a heart big enough to support all

Especially in the scope of a doujin

Azure J

Kuroneko: She's basically saying "I'm going to release my full power magic into at point blank, so don't move bitch."

Voice of the motherfucking generation right there.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
zoku88 said:
I don't think Kuroneko even needs a defense force

Exactly, she is easily the best character in the series. Saori would probably be number 1 if they didn't go out of their way to hide the fact that she is pretty, because she is so damn likable when she geeks out with her friends.

hellclerk

Hcoregamer00 said:
Exactly, she is easily the best character in the series. Saori would probably be number 1 if they didn't go out of their way to hide the fact that she is pretty, because she is so damn likable when she geeks out with her friends.
Well, as a character, I actually do think Kirino is the better. She really does act like a girl that looks up to her big brother but is too proud to admit it. Sure, it's on the extreme end, but that's what's more interesting that creates more interesting situations anyway. Kuroneko didn't really become much of an interesting character until you saw her in family life. The way she and Kirino tsundere out on each other is really more of a friend dynamic and doesn't actually give the character much interesting depth. It was when you got to see her at home, in a place where she's not worried about being judged that you can really see her depth.

Kirino, well, she acts like a little sister, and it's not "I love my Onii-chan~" little sister like the type that Kirino so loves, an honest to God younger sibling, and that's where her depth comes in.

Really, the depth of the characters is evident by seeing them in their home life with people they're not as concerned about judging them. This is really where the brilliance of the show lies. Despite all the wacky hijinks, it's genuine. You can relate and there are the little things where you can look and say "LOL, my sister's TOTALLY done something like that before..."

Dresden

Kuroneko panders too much.

Saori is a total bro. Respect knuckles x 10.

Friendzone girl is kawaii. Bland-moe taken to the max.

Kirino blows.

Ayase victory.

That last episode... that was just not good. (Kuroneko aside, and I didn't think I'd be saying that when I first started on this series.) Especially knowing there's a "True Ending" that probably follows the original storyline, with episodes following that. In a way this should've been the bonus DVD episode, not the other way around. But they probably had to do it this way to fit production schedules, broadcast standards, tempering tv-only fan reactions, etc.

Lain

faridmon said:

Since episode 2 or 3, can't remember.
I'm also part of that Defense Force.

Then again, I'm also part of the Manami Defense Force. Childhood friend deserves love too!

Although Saori is the best.
Kuroneko doesn't need any Defense Force. She's able to defend herself pretty well through the power of curses.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Geneijin said:
TcuGg.gif

I thought there was an title change since episode 4 or 5.
My Little Sister's Friends Can't Ever Be This Cute

I hope this isn't in response to her model friend. The woman is a certified psycho. Yandere material to say the least.

This show is just so blatantly unrealistic.
I just saw the part where she gets her own book and anime made. This after we were given witness to how terrible her writing style was.

Kirino isn't even a Tsundere, Bitchdere more like it
without the dere.

Also the part where we see Kuroneko at home with her little sister.

HNNNNNNNG

hnnnng.jpg

That's as far as I've gotten so far.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Trojita said:
Also the part where we see Kuroneko at home with her little sister.

HNNNNNNNG

hnnnng.jpg

That's as far as I've gotten so far.

I always thought 'HNNNNNNNG' was reserved for the sound you make during orgasm o__O not during a heart attack. :lol Guess it can go both ways.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Extollere said:
I always thought 'HNNNNNNNG' was reserved for the sound you make during orgasm o__O not during a heart attack. :lol Guess it can go both ways.
whatever gave you that idea. :\

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
doomed1 said:
Enjoyed the final episode, thought it was a bit anti-climactic (definitely gunning for an S2/DVD sales). I kinda get the impression that the album contained a scrapbook of admiration for Kyouske, like pictures from stuff he's done better, sort of a secret appreciation that she's had for him all along that might have started everything off and made her want to be "like a big brother" too.

I believe there will be four OVA episodes produced.

tiff

Banned
Extollere said:
You go HNNNNNNNNG when you orgasm?

farnham

Banned
ayase and kirino and her loli friend are pretty annoying characters

friendzone girl is sweet

saoir is a real bro

kuroneko is win

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Just finished watching episode 12.

This show is WAY better than it has any right to be. The anime removes 99% of the creepy incest overtones from what I've seen of the manga, and it turns the whole thing into a genuinely funny and fully relatable comedy about family bonds and otaku-ness. A little fan-service and some battered tropes peppered here and there, but it's just par for the course.

Overall, I really enjoyed it.

PS: Kuroneko is god.

faridmon

Here is my thoughts on the Anime after the last Ep.

It is a well produced Anime with luch production value and great Art Style. the plot wsa quite good for the few first episode but never gotten any deeper since then. I was really dissapointed after missing the whole ''I don't want to be involved into this crap'' attidude of the older brother after the last Ep.

Would.

I just watched episode 5. I must say I enjoy this show more when it's doing the Geek-out thing rather than the Dealing-with-others thing so far. The Comiket bits were cool.

I'm also glad I don't have a little sister like Kirino, because I'd have wrong thoughts about her.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Android18a said:
Would.

I just watched episode 5. I must say I enjoy this show more when it's doing the Geek-out thing rather than the Dealing-with-others thing so far. The Comiket bits were cool.

I'm also glad I don't have a little sister like Kirino, because I'd have wrong thoughts about her.
How could you possibly be attracted to someone like kirino. I wouldn't want her as a GF, a waifu, in fact i wouldn't even want to be friends with someone like her. Unless I'm mis-interpreting what you implied.:)

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Android18a said:

Chances are you wouldn't :lol the juxtaposition of growing up with a younger sister and seeing her development as a person, and possibly little brat would null any and all attraction you could ever had. At least, that's going from my own experience and from others I know with younger sisters.

However... my younger sister's friends were always ridiculously desirable >___> holy shit, u little hottie you.

zoku88

I wouldn't have those thoughts if I were her older brother, but if it were a friend's little brother ;)

(and I'm guessing extollere is saying something similar, I didn't read his post before replying.)

EDIT: eh, younger sisters of friends.. friends of younger sisters.... not so much different >.>

expy

Banned
Lafiel said:
How could you possibly be attracted to someone like kirino. I wouldn't want her as a GF, a waifu, in fact i wouldn't even want to be friends with someone like her. Unless I'm mis-interpreting what you implied.:)
You know... Once you 'put her in her place' it's all good.

shawnlreed

I think I liked the True Route better than the Good End.
This series sold well in Japan, didn't it?
Is there enough material from the light novels for a second season?

Nishastra

Banned
I loved episode 13. It amuses me greatly because four months ago in this thread I said:
Nishastra said:
I'll take more Kuroneko of any kind. Let's ditch Kirino and begin The Kuroneko Show featuring Kyousuke. (Special Guest Star Saori)
And that's basically what just happened :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom