• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreimo TV: Your Little Sister Won't Ever Be This Cute (Or This Otaku)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
kiunchbb said:
The ending to the lightnovel is completely different:

The secret collection Kirino want to show his brother is actually hentai related to feces. The brother choose not to see what's in the album since he got terrified from her secret collection. Kirino went to America without telling anyone, her brother didn't even found out until next morning.

Oh u troll.

u trolling 4 sure... r u not? Please tell me you're trolling.

Pretty underwhelming ending. I kind of want a season 2 just for a bit more closure and
Kuroneko with Kyosuke
. We also never got to see Saori's face (ended up google imaging it anyway, but still...).

kiunchbb said:
The secret collection Kirino want to show his brother is actually hentai related to feces. The brother choose not to see what's in the album since he got terrified from her secret collection. Kirino went to America without telling anyone, her brother didn't even found out until next morning.

...Seriously?

Tenkei

Extollere said:
...da fuck?
kiunchbb is trying to be cute, so I'll explain.
Kirino has eroge involving scatology because her favourite artist was involved.
I can see why she'd be embarrassed to show her brother the extent of her obsessions.

Tenkei said:
I can see why she'd be embarrassed to show her brother the extent of her obsessions.

Okay, I can understand if
her favorite artist was involved
but it still gives the scene an entirely different meaning which I find hilarious.

Lain

zoku88 said:
And WOW, the DVDs in this series only have two episodes each? You have to be kidding me :lol

Why? Anime DVDs with 2 episodes is the norm in Japan, or at least pretty common.

Lain

zoku88 said:
Really? I thought it was 3 >.>

Not counting, OAVs, of course.

Well, I'm not an expert, but every time I look at some Japanese anime DVD on sites such as cdjapan, I see 2 episodes in them, with some having 3, but it's usually the less popular stuff, like Bakemono, Haruhi, Lucky Star had 2, Ergo Proxy had 3 (but the first DVD had only 1, and I bought it like a sucker because it was cheapish). So I take it as the norm or pretty common over there.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
This is all I need to say.

kurodance.gif

So awesome.

farnham

Banned
wow kyosuke really is a total outsider in his family. not knowing about his little sisters departure to america up until she leaves ?

lol

tiff

Banned
Pretty good episode. Lacked the fun of, say, Kirino geeking out over eroge, but I still enjoyed it.
cosmicblizzard said:
Okay, I can understand if
her favorite artist was involved
but it still gives the scene an entirely different meaning which I find hilarious.
I think I prefer that meaning over what we got in the anime.
akachan ningen said:
It was the bad ending so the whole episode had to be bad. At least, I hope that's why it sucked.
This is the good end, actually. I think the OVA ending is the "True End."
RurouniZel said:
This is all I need to say.

kurodance.gif

So awesome.
Of all the reasons I want a Season 2, more Kuroneko is definitely #1.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tenkei said:

I hope in the light novels Kyousuke burns her entire room. Just to make sure the crap doesn't infect the rest of the house.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I hope they eventually continue things when there are some more books out. With the pace they are going at the amount out might be too few.

Flek

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
I hope they eventually continue things when there are some more books out. With the pace they are going at the amount out might be too few.

are the books 1to1 like the anime or a bit longer etc. should i read them if i absolutly loved the anime?

Quixzlizx

Without reading this thread at all, I will predict that the viewers fall into one of two groups:

1. Creepy otaku who fantasize about having Kirino as a younger sister because she's so "moe."

2. Normal people who fantasize about having Kirino as a younger sister so they can avenge Kyouske and kick her down a flight of stairs.

Quixzlizx said:
Without reading this thread at all, I will predict that the viewers fall into one of two groups:

1. Creepy otaku who fantasize about having Kirino as a younger sister because she's so "moe."

2. Normal people who fantasize about having Kirino as a younger sister so they can avenge Kyouske and kick her down a flight of stairs.
I'd say most people fall in group 2. :lol

jman2050

Quixzlizx said:

You don't have to be a viewer to fall into number 2. I have far less vapid ways to spend my time thankfully :p

tiff

Banned
Quixzlizx said:

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Quixzlizx said:

3. People who watch the show because it's fun, despite the main heroine being a 14 year old bitch, because the other characters make up for it. Plus Kyousuke's a pretty stand up dude, even if Kirino doesn't deserve it.

Enron

Banned
Quixzlizx said:

this

Kirino sucks

jman2050 said:
You don't have to be a viewer to fall into number 2. I have far less vapid ways to spend my time thankfully :p

Like Ika Musume!

RurouniZel said:
3. People who watch the show because it's fun, despite the main heroine being a 14 year old bitch, because the other characters make up for it. Plus Kyousuke's a pretty stand up dude, even if Kirino doesn't deserve it.
This one.

Quixzlizx said:

3. Seeing a soft unassuming punkass Kyouske be confounded and humiliated by his cute strange and nutty younger sister in wacky hijinks for my amusement in a hilarious send off of 'otaku' culture thoughout the series.

And wincest, can't forget the wincest.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
zoku88 said:
I also like what Kuroneko says
Well, whatever. I'll be calling him something else soon anyway

I was also intrigued by Kuroneko's statement...any manga-GAF know if it develops in some relationship??
:O

zoku88

Verano said:
I was also intrigued by Kuroneko's statement...any manga-GAF know if it develops in some relationship??
:O
You actually mean light novel. I don't think the manga is that far either.

And earlier spoilers say yes

Quixzlizx

HomerSimpson-Man said:
3. Seeing a soft unassuming punkass Kyouske be confounded and humiliated by his cute strange and nutty younger sister in wacky hijinks for my amusement in a hilarious send off of 'otaku' culture thoughout the series.

And wincest, can't forget the wincest.

I'm going to lump you in with the 1s.

Geneijin

Quixzlizx said:

TcuGg.gif

I thought there was an title change since episode 4 or 5.
My Little Sister's Friends Can't Ever Be This Cute

When her best friend was going all schizo-freaky I thought, "WTF?!"

It was all worth it seeing the brother embarrassing the heck out of himself to the disgust of his sisters friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom