• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona" YouTube clips getting hit by copyright claims from... a Russian actress?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Still, it can't just be one account flagging for it to be taken down, can it?
It can in some cases. Every Persona video or account that has posted stuff with respect to the Persona IP I've searched for has the same person flagging stuff.

Kinda weird.

I swear to god, if my LP gets taken down because of this woman I am buying the first plane ticket to Russian and showing her how polite Canadians really are.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I swear to god, if my LP gets taken down because of this woman I am buying the first plane ticket to Russian and showing her how polite Canadians really are.

I think the real bad guy here is Youtube who allow bot flagging to go through.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But we are polite.

Bot flagging is the true culprit here. Go after them bots. We ain't nice to bots.

Hmm, thanks for the thread. I've unlisted all my Persona videos, though if she uses the Match ID feature it won't matter. Hopefully YouTube/Atlus check this out soon!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hmm, thanks for the thread. I've unlisted all my Persona videos, though if she uses the Match ID feature it won't matter. Hopefully YouTube/Atlus check this out soon!
I'd genuinely hate to see someone like you go down after years of putting up VGM and introducing people to the "genre" in general, too. Good idea.

Gamebomb.ru is making their move on the Endurance Run!
KuGsj.gif

Oh shit, that got me. Thank you.

qq more

i'm gonna suggest that we direct our rage at YouTube over this

I agree. It's ridiculous how YouTube makes it so easy to get your videos taken down by random assholes, they deserve part of the blame too. This kind of incident occurs way too much and they never fucking bother avoiding making the same mistakes.

Save the endurance run D: D: D:
Honest question, the Giant Bomb endurance run (let's play) of Persona 4 should be safe because it's archived on the site with it's own video player, right?

Noi

Save the endurance run D: D: D:
Honest question, the Giant Bomb endurance run (let's play) of Persona 4 should be safe because it's archived on the site with it's own video player, right?

Probably. All the "best of" videos on youtube are in danger though.

I wasn't aware youtube allowed people from foreign countries to claim ownership of copyrighted materials in others.

You would think the number of reports would raise some red flags.

Skeletron

I had something similar happen to my own videos last year.

I don't check my channel very often but one day I noticed advertisements were popping up on my videos. Apparently someone who claims copyright infringement can enable monetization and hijack ad revenue. I forget what it was now, but I googled the name of the organization that submitted the claim and found they had done the same thing to other channels. I submitted a complaint and the ads were taken off eventually...but still, Youtube's policy on this is fucking ridiculous.

Top Bottom