• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 01/07/10 Matt Hazard | Dark Void Demo

klee123

Aru said:
You just broke my heart :(

What about a PAL release then ?

PAL version used working design's translation so chances aren't any better.

That's what happens when Sony decides not to publish a game themselves. They may own the game, but they don't own the translation and since working designs is dead, it'll probably be quite complicated to get anything done at this point.

Speaking of translations of rpps, Sony should re-release legend of the dragoon on PSN. They published the game themselves, so it should be an easy process for them.

webrunner

micromagic said:
I don't care if Matt Hazard is semi-decent, I wouldn't go any where near it after the bad taste that Eat Lead left in my mouth. Interested in seeing how Dark Void is though.

The game actually makes fun of it, mentioning the reason they dont have full voiceovers is because of the bad reviews of the last game reducing the budget. That Eat Lead was bad is actually canon in the matt hazard universe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Armored Core 3 PSP isn't on sale anymore? :(

Nolan.

I'm probably so late since iv'e been away from my ps3 for a long while but Vagrant story! iv'e been wishing they'd bring it to psn, im so glad.

careksims

LOL because of the 2 week absence (I know it was updated on Tues during Xmas Week), it felt like a looong time and I forgot about PSN updates! :lol Good to see 'em back and I like to try that Dark Void demo. I too hope they surprise us with Vagrant Story this week.

KZObsessed

EU not getting FFVIII until end of January apparently *sigh*

UK update kinda meh, downloading Dark Void Demo and Borderlands DLC so it's not bad I guess.

jp0024npjb00044_000000v8b000010100.jpg

Oh fuck, yes! SPELUNKER Black is out on the jap. store!

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0024npjb00044_000000v8b000010100.html

jvm

Gamasutra.
So, I commented on the "most anticipated PSP/DS" games thread over at Gamasutra, making my usual case for Pac-man CE on the PSP. And there was this interesting comment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ted_Games_Of_2010_DS_And_PSP.php#comment39494

Jeremy Reaban said:
Pac-Man CE might be coming to the PSP, but it seems unlikely to be part of the minis program. At least, not a single Japanese developer has produced a mini so far. Games that were originally including in the mini announcements turned out to be regular PSP PSN titles (Elemental Defense from Hudson, Crystal Defenders & Thexder Neo from Squenix, Kurulian Fusion, etc

Of course, for that matter, not many NA developers have produced minis. EA/Gameloft and I think one small company (Battle Poker). The whole program has basically been an EU show other than that.

That actually might be a good article, a follow up on the mini program. It's fallen far short of the promised 50 titles by the end of 2009 that Sony said it would have (EU came close, has 41, but NA only had 26).
I admit that I haven't really paid that close attention to the minis program, but is this commenter right? I know that EU > NA in terms of minis, but I didn't think through to the "must be more EU devs" part.

someone slip up on LBP psp DLC they give us the wrong back I got all the DLC from creators edition :lol nice new stuff or old stuff lol new/old BG from PS3 music, materials, and sticker

Sascha23

Banned
I have yet to check today, but was anyone having issues last night accessing the What's New or PSN Store sections in the U.S. PSN? I kept getting an error from those two particular sections. The Japan store worked just fine.

Haunted said:
Dark Void demo going up later today?

Wanted to sample this (Silver user/PC demo AWOL so far).

Why do you feel the need to qualify that? Sorry, thats a pet peeve of mine :/

Anyway:
* SOCOM Confrontation – Cold Front Map Pack (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 18
* PixelJunk Shooter Theme

I'm all over these. The map pack is usually 14 bucks right? If its 9.99 or under I will get it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Lion Heart said:
Why do you feel the need to qualify that? Sorry, thats a pet peeve of mine :/

to avoid people responding with "Just grab it on Live" when it's not an option for him...

FFObsessed said:
EU not getting FFVIII until end of January apparently *sigh*

UK update kinda meh, downloading Dark Void Demo and Borderlands DLC so it's not bad I guess.

maybe US will get Vagrant story today. Come on Sony. do the right thing!

jvm said:
So, I commented on the "most anticipated PSP/DS" games thread over at Gamasutra, making my usual case for Pac-man CE on the PSP. And there was this interesting comment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ted_Games_Of_2010_DS_And_PSP.php#comment39494

I admit that I haven't really paid that close attention to the minis program, but is this commenter right? I know that EU > NA in terms of minis, but I didn't think through to the "must be more EU devs" part.

Interesting comment indeed. Kurulin Fusion has a multiplayer component so that's probably why it isn't a Minis. If Pac-man CE has online leaderboards and so forth, it would likely just be a normal PSN title.

At any rate, this still shines light on the fact that Sony promised big things leading up to the PSPgo launch and has failed to deliver accordingly. The number of UMD Legacy titles fell way short of their promise, the fact that 3rd parties were all on board and new titles would be on PSN turned out not to be the case, and now the promise of 50 Minis by the end of the year didn't turn out.

kassatsu said:
Yea i saw that last night. Is it just an add-on or a new game?
It's a standalone game. It's basically SPELUNKER, but you play as the black Spelunker with most of the screen blacked out --> SPELUNKER Hardcore.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Mailenstein said:
It's a standalone game. It's basically SPELUNKER, but you play as the black Spelunker with most of the screen blacked out --> SPELUNKER Hardcore.
Sounds cool.

Can we get even the first one already? (yeah, i know it's rated)

dallow_bg said:
Sounds cool.

Can we get even the first one already? (yeah, i know it's rated)
Nah, jap. Store only. The funny thing is, it's translated into English, German, French, Italian and Spanish already. I am playing the first one in german this ver moment, so if you really want the game asap, get an jap. account and some cash :).

I tried the Matt Hazard-demo, and no I won´t spend any money on that one. The impression that the demo gave me was that this is one the worst games I have played for a very very long time.

Xater

I need Vagrant Story on US PSN because I use that account with my PSP. Switching accounts on the handheld is kidn of a hassle. I also never played VS. :(

That Matt Hazard game tries really hard to be Metal Slug but fails miserably. I'll gladly skip it and take Metal Slug XX next month. :D

CecilRousso said:
I tried the Matt Hazard-demo, and no I won´t spend any money on that one. The impression that the demo gave me was that this is one the worst games I have played for a very very long time.
Wait, where is the Matt Hazard demo available? EU or US? Is content up now? Or are you guys talking about the XBLA demo?
Xater said:
That Matt Hazard game tries really hard to be Metal Slug but fails miserably. I'll gladly skip it and take Metal Slug XX next month. :D
MH would have been insta-sold to me had it supported online co-op. I need more online co-op PSN games, damnit!
Xater said:
EU is up.
Awesome, thanks!

schick85 said:
Looks like they're reusing the levels from the previous one judging from the video. :\
Yeah, guess so. It's just a "different mode". But anyway, I'm addicted to this game, so...
I'll report back as soon as I purchase the game to tell you details :).

Oneself

Shinjiru said:
Happy Birthday!

Make it happen Sony!

Thank you :D !

Sony says "make believe" so ... I want my damn demo!!

Lyonaz said:
High Five bro. It's my birthday too!

Apparently also Nic Cage's. :D

God bless us, we are definitely awesome... and so is Nic Cage... well, most of the time.

Top Bottom