• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 01/07/10 Matt Hazard | Dark Void Demo

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So what's the deal with minis being playable on the PS3? I thought it was possible after 3.15, but I can't play the Tetris mini. Now I have a PSP game but no PSP to play it on.

kassatsu

Banned
Snuggler said:
So what's the deal with minis being playable on the PS3? I thought it was possible after 3.15, but I can't play the Tetris mini. Now I have a PSP game but no PSP to play it on.
Only some work. US store is really shitty. They didnt change the look of the minis on download yet. All still says "PSP" and not "PSP" "PS3"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn.
Do you know if they're planning on making all of them playable at some point, or am I screwed? I just want Tetris on my PS3 :(.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Mailenstein said:
Nah, jap. Store only. The funny thing is, it's translated into English, German, French, Italian and Spanish already. I am playing the first one in german this ver moment, so if you really want the game asap, get an jap. account and some cash :).
Oh I know it's JPN only. Hehe, I was asking SCEA to hurry up and give us the first one since it got an ESRB rating a little while ago.

spats

Since you guys are on about minis, I have to recommend Breakquest to play on your ps3. The only thing that was holding it back from being really good on the psp were the crappy controls. On ths DS3 it's smooth as butter and perfectly responsive.

Takao

Banned
PSP Games:
Bomberman Land (306MB) - $11.99
Dungeon Heores Explorer (324MB) - $11.99
Pinball Heroes Bundle (75MB) - $9.99

Rlan

jvm said:
So, I commented on the "most anticipated PSP/DS" games thread over at Gamasutra, making my usual case for Pac-man CE on the PSP. And there was this interesting comment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ted_Games_Of_2010_DS_And_PSP.php#comment39494

I admit that I haven't really paid that close attention to the minis program, but is this commenter right? I know that EU > NA in terms of minis, but I didn't think through to the "must be more EU devs" part.

I'm having a lovely rant about it tomorrow on GamerBytes :)

It'll be similar to my rant on WiiWare and DSiWare today:

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2010/01/overlooked_games_of_2009_anyth.php

As for why Japan hasn't made a mini - Japan doesn't have minis at all. I don't think they ever intend to either. It's fucking stupid.

genjiZERO

I've got 1200Y to blow on the Japanese PSN tonight! I need some recommendations please (already have Samurai Spirits 4, Einhander, and Landmaker).

Takao

Banned
Looks like From Software is bringing over Armored Core: Silent Line for PSP as well. The title was recently released in Japan, and they brought Armored Core 3 Portable to the PSN recently too.

jvm

Gamasutra.
jvm said:
Come on, SCEA. Show SCEE how it's done!

And by that I mean "show SCEE how to *really* disappoint the super-loyal customer base!"
Well done, SCEA! Well done!
2ug1ks2.gif

Snuggler said:
Damn.
Do you know if they're planning on making all of them playable at some point, or am I screwed? I just want Tetris on my PS3 :(.

Somewhere i read that Tetris will not be playable on PS3 because of licensing issues. The Tetris company probably wants more money.

Wait, is the Ninja Gaiden table for Zen Pinball going to be available today? It's not listed on the blog.

That's the only thing that could save this sorry update for me. I've already played Dark Void and Matt Hazard and trust me, you don't want 'em.

yurinka

Snuggler said:
As I know, all are playable in PS3, with Tetris as the only exception due to licensing issues.
spats said:
Since you guys are on about minis, I have to recommend Breakquest to play on your ps3. The only thing that was holding it back from being really good on the psp were the crappy controls. On ths DS3 it's smooth as butter and perfectly responsive.
I totally agree. I liked the original PC game, but sadly in PSP is unplayable due to the controls (even you can tweak in the options menu). Instead, in PS3 the controls are good.

yurinka

jvm said:
So, I commented on the "most anticipated PSP/DS" games thread over at Gamasutra, making my usual case for Pac-man CE on the PSP. And there was this interesting comment:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ted_Games_Of_2010_DS_And_PSP.php#comment39494

I admit that I haven't really paid that close attention to the minis program, but is this commenter right? I know that EU > NA in terms of minis, but I didn't think through to the "must be more EU devs" part.
As I remember Square Enix is Japanese. Weren't Thexder Neo and that tower defense Final Fantasy Minis?

Gamecocks625 said:
Interesting comment indeed. Kurulin Fusion has a multiplayer component so that's probably why it isn't a Minis. If Pac-man CE has online leaderboards and so forth, it would likely just be a normal PSN title.

At any rate, this still shines light on the fact that Sony promised big things leading up to the PSPgo launch and has failed to deliver accordingly. The number of UMD Legacy titles fell way short of their promise, the fact that 3rd parties were all on board and new titles would be on PSN turned out not to be the case, and now the promise of 50 Minis by the end of the year didn't turn out.
As I remember there are 50+ Minis in the EU store. And Sony said they will consider on-line feautres for Minis in the future, so maybe this is why Pacman CE has been pushed back.

jvm

Gamasutra.
yurinka said:
As I remember Square Enix is Japanese. Weren't Thexder Neo and that tower defense Final Fantasy Minis?
Pretty sure Thexder Neo was not. Not sure about the other one. (Crystal Defenders?)

androvsky

Benjamin1981 said:
Somewhere i read that Tetris will not be playable on PS3 because of licensing issues. The Tetris company probably wants more money.

If that's true, Sony shouldn't have allowed it to be a mini. This is nuts.

*looks at U.S. store update*

I do hope we don't get a repeat of last year where they didn't put up any PS1 games for almost the entire first half of the year...

Oh well, not a complete failure, there's a Yakuza 3 trailer.

Rlan

yurinka said:

No. Thexder actually had some extra stuff (online multiplayer) that is not usually available in minis due to the fact that it needs to play on PS3 and PSP. They are making a PS3 specific version though.

Crystal Defenders was also not a mini, but didn't have any online modes or anything stopping it from being a mini - it just... wasn't made a mini since Japan doesn't have this method. Since Japan doesn't have the Minis at all and they want their games to come out there, they need to go through the regular "PSN Exclusive" PSP game route.

yurinka

jvm said:
Pretty sure Thexder Neo was not. Not sure about the other one. (Crystal Defenders?)
Yes, it was Crystal Defenders. It was also small and cheap, but maybe it wasn't a Minis.

Takao

Banned
Yeah both the small Square PSP titles aren't minis. They're priced, and have data sizes which falls into the minis range, but they aren't.

Edgeward

Awful update. =(

At least they are keeping up with having some sort of a sale every week, it seems. Even if it is on some ubisoft games. =\

I was hoping SCEA would release Hustle Kings in time for my B-day on Sat. In stead I ge a big FU. Oh well, maybe Matt Hazard will be good. *fingers crossed*

Cruzader

Banned
Qore sucks this year! WTF! No free PS1/PSN games just garbage themes. Fuck, regret it. All the previews they have, I can get on IGN or something.

So TMNT is 5 bucks...wonder if I should bite.

And what's this Cell Factor thing?

And wow, even three PixelJunk games for $20? Does that include expansions?

Cruzader said:
Qore sucks this year! WTF! No free PS1/PSN games just garbage themes. Fuck, regret it. All the previews they have, I can get on IGN or something.
The year is just seven days old :lol.

Top Bottom