• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/16/13 - Dragon Fantasy Book I (YOPO) | Soul Sacrifice (Demo)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How's Dragon Fantasy, guise?

Speevy

Banned
I'm partial to player fighting animations in my RPGs. I hate the little "invisible hand" slashes. I don't know why Dragon Quest went back to them.

theadamrippon

Neo Member
Dragon Fantasy (PS3) just quit to XMB. I was grinding next to
second town after the cave the lantern was needed for

Hey, I'm one of the developers behind DF. Took me awhile to find someone who could approve my NeoGAF account ;) Anyway, we're aware of the PS3 crash bug - so far as far as I know it is only crashing on the PS3, but if anyone sees it on the Vita please let us know at support@mutekicorp.com. First thing tomorrow we're gonna figure what the issue is and fix it and hopefully be able to get the patch fast-tracked through Sony. I'm sure it's probably something lame like a memory or resource leak in our PS3 support code, but we'll kill it SO DEAD.

ReaperXL7

Hey, I'm one of the developers behind DF. Took me awhile to find someone who could approve my NeoGAF account ;) Anyway, we're aware of the PS3 crash bug - so far as far as I know it is only crashing on the PS3, but if anyone sees it on the Vita please let us know at support@mutekicorp.com. First thing tomorrow we're gonna figure what the issue is and fix it and hopefully be able to get the patch fast-tracked through Sony. I'm sure it's probably something lame like a memory or resource leak in our PS3 support code, but we'll kill it SO DEAD.

Welcome to Gaf, I picked DF up for vita and am enjoying it quite abit. Really looking forward to book 2, and the possibility of book 3 in the future. Hope the store troubles did not effect you guys too much.

So, they are selling a dynamic theme called "Scumbag Steve" from internet fame and another one from some random red-haired kid.

I know one thing is to have your picture rotating freely everywhere on 4chan, Reddit and eveyrwhere else, nothing much you can do about that and nobody is profiting (directly) from it... but they're charging $2,99 per theme here, using your picture and that is not cool, is it? Unless they're paying you royalties for using your image, but I imagine that's not the case here.

Scumbag Steve Theme

"Coppercab" dynamic theme

Mik2121

Goddamn Japanese store, always a fucking joke... Ugh... no Dragon Fantasy, no Guacamelee, probably no any of the recently announced indie titles... but a lot of moe shit.

Only thing worth it on the Vita side is PSO2, otherwise the US and EU stores are so much better it's not even funny. What the hell is all this anime stuff, seriously.... ugh...

(stuck on the JP store on my Vita, living here...)

kassatsu

Banned
Goddamn Japanese store, always a fucking joke... Ugh... no Dragon Fantasy, no Guacamelee, probably no any of the recently announced indie titles... but a lot of moe shit.

Only thing worth it on the Vita side is PSO2, otherwise the US and EU stores are so much better it's not even funny. What the hell is all this anime stuff, seriously.... ugh...

(stuck on the JP store on my Vita, living here...)

Gotta be like @yosp and buy a 2nd vita for US stuff :lol

theadamrippon

Neo Member
Welcome to Gaf, I picked DF up for vita and am enjoying it quite abit. Really looking forward to book 2, and the possibility of book 3 in the future. Hope the store troubles did not effect you guys too much.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! Hopefully these few bug fixes on PS3 won't take up too much time from DF2 ;) We won't know how our sales have gone for a few days, but if the response on twitter and forums is any indication, I think we're doin' alright! :)

Straxus

Auto save was definitely appreciated there. Haven't tried it Vita yet, but I will first chance.

androvsky

So, they are selling a dynamic theme called "Scumbag Steve" from internet fame and another one from some random red-haired kid.

I know one thing is to have your picture rotating freely everywhere on 4chan, Reddit and eveyrwhere else, nothing much you can do about that and nobody is profiting (directly) from it... but they're charging $2,99 per theme here, using your picture and that is not cool, is it? Unless they're paying you royalties for using your image, but I imagine that's not the case here.

Scumbag Steve Theme

"Coppercab" dynamic theme

Both descriptions say they're officially licensed. We can assume they're lying, or just using boilerplate descriptions, but the one thing Sony seems to be good at is nailing down potential copyright issues.

UFRA

I love devs that keep their customers in the loop. Thanks for this update. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
They also have trollface and a few others. 4chan->Reddit->Internet.

Hell, they would probably have a Poptart Cat (er-"Nyan Cat" as it's now called. I was there when it was poptart cat on lol_comics. *hipster glasses*) theme if Chris (the artist of lol_comics) didn't pursue legal action against that shit in general.
Hehe, yeah, i think i've seen the trollface and lolface theme :) Although these drawings almost seems to be more of public domain, while pictures of real people, is it legal to use those in products that are sold without permission?

Mogwai

Finally got a PS3 again. Been considering to buy some games over PSN. I assume that they can be redownloaded to my heart's content, right? Uncharted 1 and 2 are cheaper than the retail Essentials, but I don't want to be caugh by some silly regulations. Does PSN works exactly like XBL and Steam? I'm not talking about PS Plus, just the regular purchase of the games.

Tizoc

Finally got a PS3 again. Been considering to buy some games over PSN. I assume that they can be redownloaded to my heart's content, right? Uncharted 1 and 2 are cheaper than the retail Essentials, but I don't want to be caugh by some silly regulations. Does PSN works exactly like XBL and Steam? I'm not talking about PS Plus, just the regular purchase of the games.
If its in ur download list u can dl it anytime u want to ur ps3
Keep in mind that if u shared ur account or used it on other ps3 systems u may need to disable them via
Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Mogwai

If its in ur download list u can dl it anytime u want to ur ps3
Keep in mind that if u shared ur account or used it on other ps3 systems u may need to disable them via
Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Seems it's no problem then. Thankies! :)

cj_iwakura

Did anyone buy Mad Dog 2? I'm wondering how good a job they did.

I loved the arcade version.

Heck, we should make an OT for hilarity.

Xander51

Did anyone buy Mad Dog 2? I'm wondering how good a job they did.

I loved the arcade version.

Heck, we should make an OT for hilarity.

I did! It's a great version of the game, gameplay and timing-wise, with the only iffy thing being that all the video is just upscaled from SD to HD with some added contrast. It doesn't look amazing, but then laserdisc video can only go so far in 2013. If you're a weird Mad Dog 2 perfectionist, and I know everyone is, this is the only home version of the game to ever include the original American Laser Games logo in the attract mode. All other home versions omitted it or replaced it with a different version of the logo.

Yeah, I'm that guy.

cj_iwakura

I did! It's a great version of the game, gameplay and timing-wise, with the only iffy thing being that all the video is just upscaled from SD to HD with some added contrast. It doesn't look amazing, but then laserdisc video can only go so far in 2013. If you're a weird Mad Dog 2 perfectionist, and I know everyone is, this is the only home version of the game to ever include the original American Laser Games logo in the attract mode. All other home versions omitted it or replaced it with a different version of the logo.

Yeah, I'm that guy.

I played it in arcades, so you're not the only one. :p I bought DVD versions of them when they were all like $5 at EB.

IMO, their best game was The Last Bounty Hunter. It was hilarious in all the best ways, like they knew it was their last go at it.

Quick Draw Showdown is great too. Probably the toughest. You take down the fastest, you feel like a boss.

Does it really require Move? :( I don't have it.

Xander51

I played it in arcades, so you're not the only one. :p I bought DVD versions of them when they were all like $5 at EB.

IMO, their best game was The Last Bounty Hunter. It was hilarious in all the best ways, like they knew it was their last go at it.

Quick Draw Showdown is great too. Probably the toughest. You take down the fastest, you feel like a boss.

Does it really require Move? :( I don't have it.

It does require the Move yeah. Speaking of Last Bounty Hunter, I exchanged some emails with Digital Leisure recently and they told me they have plans to bring that to PSN as well. That was also my favorite!

EDIT: I will say if you're looking for a cheap Move, try to find a place that has discounted the Wonderbook.

Top Bottom