• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/16/13 - Dragon Fantasy Book I (YOPO) | Soul Sacrifice (Demo)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

test_account

XP-39C²
To balance out the EU downloads are slow as hell. 1208 minutes to download the Soul Sacrifice demo to my Vita apparently. I feel the anger monkeys growing inside.
I'm downloading Sacred Citadel demo for the PS3 now and get over 1MB/s (about my max download speed). Maybe it is worse on the Vita store though. And i'm using ethernet cable on my PS3, not wireless.

JJD

Are you really blaming me for your mistake? Seriously? When I misunderstand people, I just apologise for the misunderstanding. I don't start blaming them for my mistake. Becuase really, why would I be "more precise and clear" at that point? If anyone wanted me to clarify, it's not that hard to just ask a question.

You misunderstood my last post as well though. I never said you jumped at anything, I said you jumped in with your argument that had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Oh and you meant pedantic.

My mistake? Don't be ridiculous.

Your post was vague as hell. You said "internal politics" was the only thing preventing a centralized PSN, I said it is fairly more complicated than that.

Thanks for correcting my typo by the way.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Because its not rare. Maybe the more then 24 hours late delays are rare, but the only consistent thing about PSN is how inconsistently its handled and worse yet, mainly in US. Even other regions of the same damn company have more consistent experiences. I can rattle of many digital stores with consistent updates that are on time, even in the gaming genre with Steam and Xbox Live.

When everyone else can get their updates out consistently and on time at the same time every week after week its just frustrating to see after YEARS of the inconsistency and delays Sony make no steps whatsoever to fix and improve their service. It's poor customer service, a giant red mark against their service and the consumers of their service and a negative impression of their dependability.

What delays are you talking about that consistently happen week after week? The only thing that is constant is that the PSN has no set update time, but it always updates on Tuesdays. I can only recall one other instance in which the store update was not up on the scheduled Tuseday, and I believe that was the PSN hack, and then there's this week.

Not updating the store at the same time very week, to me, isn't grounds for pitchforks and torches to be drawn. Yes, it's great that Steam, Microsoft, and other services can update consistently, and at the same time each week. Yes it's frustrating that Sony isn't doing that, but I don't know the reasoning behind it, and it personally doesn't matter to me.

The store will eventually update, we'll all be able to buy our games, download our demos, and we won't bitch about it again until the next time the store update is delayed, whenever that will be (since it's apparently so rare for the store to not update on Tuesday).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, my Soul Sacrifice demo is stuck on "Preparing to download."

Looks like I'll have to be patient for a few more hours.

Grinchy

Banned
I canceled when it got stuck on Preparing and now it's just sitting at a dimmed screen and the orange download button is flashing. Can't do anything either. Won't let me close the store.

Thanks a lot, Obama.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
23 minutes on my download left for the demo. I had to restart my Vita but it seems like the download speed is going fast now.

$10, $8 for PS+

This cut down my dl time from 220minutes to 44minutes. Awesome, thanks.

Holmes

I canceled when it got stuck on Preparing and now it's just sitting at a dimmed screen and the orange download button is flashing. Can't do anything either. Won't let me close the store.

Thanks a lot, Obama.
Same here. I'm following Toki's advice.

Velcro Fly

will download once i feel safe plugging my vita in to charge while it downloads

huge thunderstorm by me right now so yeah not doing that

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why do I have to "purchase" demos instead of just adding them to my cart and checking out all at once?

Holmes

Aw ye. 89 MB. Easy 3 minute wait.
qOO99lu.jpg

Top Bottom