• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/16/13 - Dragon Fantasy Book I (YOPO) | Soul Sacrifice (Demo)

androvsky

What delays are you talking about that consistently happen week after week? The only thing that is constant is that the PSN has no set update time, but it always updates on Tuesdays. I can only recall one other instance in which the store update was not up on the scheduled Tuseday, and I believe that was the PSN hack, and then there's this week.

Not updating the store at the same time very week, to me, isn't grounds for pitchforks and torches to be drawn. Yes, it's great that Steam, Microsoft, and other services can update consistently, and at the same time each week. Yes it's frustrating that Sony isn't doing that, but I don't know the reasoning behind it, and it personally doesn't matter to me.

The store will eventually update, we'll all be able to buy our games, download our demos, and we won't bitch about it again until the next time the store update is delayed, whenever that will be (since it's apparently so rare for the store to not update on Tuesday).

It's great that it's not a big deal to you, but a lot of people are frustrated if it's not updated by the time they get home from work on the scheduled update day. Which is completely understandable, once you factor in late update and download time, even a late Tuesday update means they won't get to play whatever game until Wednesday. Also keep in mind this affects DLC; I'm sure it's very frustrating to drive to a game shop, buy a retail release, bring it home, and see that the online pass/must-have day 1 DLC still isn't up.

It'll get even worse when Sony implements the remote-download feature. Where people could, in theory, purchase and have their games downloaded and installed by the time they get home, it will be completely thwarted by consistently late updates.

And since the PSN Store team is on the west coast, even a reasonable update for them is getting late for everyone on the east coast.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Currently downloading Dragon Fantasy, Soul Sacrifice demo, and GTA: Vice City Stories onto my Vita.

I'm at work, and the internet connection is shit, but after power cycling my Vita, it seems to be doing ok. Most of this should be finished downloading by the time I get off work today. We're doing OT all this week, so I'll be here for a while anyway.

It's great that it's not a big deal to you, but a lot of people are frustrated if it's not updated by the time they get home from work on the scheduled update day. Which is completely understandable, once you factor in late update and download time, even a late Tuesday update means they won't get to play whatever game until Wednesday. Also keep in mind this affects DLC; I'm sure it's very frustrating to drive to a game shop, buy a retail release, bring it home, and see that the online pass/must-have day 1 DLC still isn't up.

It'll get even worse when Sony implements the remote-download feature. Where people could, in theory, purchase and have their games downloaded and installed by the time they get home, it will be completely thwarted by consistently late updates.

And since the PSN Store team is on the west coast, even a reasonable update for them is getting late for everyone on the east coast.

I understand that. I got home from work at about 8:30 last night, and was surprised to see that the store hadn't been updated. I really wanted the SS Demo, and Dragon Fantasy, as well as some of the GTA games that interested me. I couldn't get them, but, well, it happens. So I had to wait a day. Yes, I have to wait to play those games/demos. It's not the end of the world, and as you can see, the store is now updating, and people are finally able to get their content. Now, if this issue had persisted for a few more days, I'd be really, really pissed as well. Yeah, that's definitely happened to me where I've bought a game, and the day 1 DLC stuff wasn't there, but you know what? I waited until it finally went up. Disappointment, I understand completely. Being genuinely anger, and feeling like my evening was ruined? Never.

Vaco6121

Does anyone know if the GTA4 Ultimate Edition is one download file or it is separate files for GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City?

Ricker

Does it take longer to download wired on the PS3 and then transfer to Vita or it winds up the same...?...my WiFi is pretty good but not as fast as my Ethernet hook up....

What delays are you talking about that consistently happen week after week? The only thing that is constant is that the PSN has no set update time, but it always updates on Tuesdays. I can only recall one other instance in which the store update was not up on the scheduled Tuseday, and I believe that was the PSN hack, and then there's this week.

Not updating the store at the same time very week, to me, isn't grounds for pitchforks and torches to be drawn. Yes, it's great that Steam, Microsoft, and other services can update consistently, and at the same time each week. Yes it's frustrating that Sony isn't doing that, but I don't know the reasoning behind it, and it personally doesn't matter to me.

The store will eventually update, we'll all be able to buy our games, download our demos, and we won't bitch about it again until the next time the store update is delayed, whenever that will be (since it's apparently so rare for the store to not update on Tuesday).

Very well said.

Glad to see the store is updated now.

test_account

XP-39C²

Fusebox

Banned
Yay, Soul Sacrifice demo is finally coming down and it's hammering down too! Looks like it'll be finished in about 5 mins total.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lol, i cant believe that Sony approved those. Is this even legal? Unless that the creators of these themes have permission from the guys in the picture though.

They also have trollface and a few others. 4chan->Reddit->Internet.

Hell, they would probably have a Poptart Cat (er-"Nyan Cat" as it's now called. I was there when it was poptart cat on lol_comics. *hipster glasses*) theme if Chris (the artist of lol_comics) didn't pursue legal action against that shit in general.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also it Ultimate Edition of GTA4 is the expansions as well yes?

Soul Sacrifice is now in my download queue, so I'll get to it once home... and after i transfer my saves from my 4gb card to my 32gb card.

Grinchy

Banned
I set my Vita down and it paused my download when it naturally went into standby. I thought it didn't do that? Oh well, I guess I can wait longer...

I have a Vita question.

How does Near work, once you set it up is it always on or is it like the 3DS where you have to enable it in game and it's unavailable in some games?

My mistake? Don't be ridiculous.

Your post was vague as hell. You said "internal politics" was the only thing preventing a centralized PSN, I said it is fairly more complicated than that.

Thanks for correcting my typo by the way.

You started an argument with me over one little post that you completely misunderstood. So yes, that was your mistake. What's ridiculous fucking crazy is trying to blame me because my post was "vague as hell," as if I was meant to psychically predict your mistake. Is it really that hard to ask me to clarify?

While downloading the SS demo I saw that Machinarium was available. Bought it on a whim, as I heard good stuff about the PC version. Anyone played it on Vita?

JJD

You started an argument with me over one little post that you completely misunderstood. So yes, that was your mistake. What's ridiculous fucking crazy is trying to blame me because my post was "vague as hell," as if I was meant to psychically predict your mistake. Is it really that hard to ask me to clarify?

I didn't start an argument, I responded to a random post on a discussion forum, the same thing you did. Why is it so hard for you understand this? Do I have to agree with you to be able to respond to your posts?

The point you tried to make was a stupid generalization IMO, sorry. There's much more preventing a centralized PSN than "internal politics". I'm not even sure "internal politics" are an issue much less the only one as you claimed. Do you at least have a link? I just gave my 2 cents, that's all.

I'm not trying to blame anyone or anything and you don't need to predict mine or anyone's supposed mistakes, the same way I don't need to try predict what you were really trying to say if unfortunately you were not clear enough.

Stop making this about me or yourself. If you want to continue this discussion then provide evidence or facts that internal politics is what is keeping PSN from being centralized, and I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

If you can't or won't do that then I'm done with our little "argument". I'm sure we both have better things to do, SS demo is finally up anyway.

I have a Vita question.

How does Near work, once you set it up is it always on or is it like the 3DS where you have to enable it in game and it's unavailable in some games?

AFAIK NEAR only updates when you manually update it via wifi or 3G on the app itself. You can choose to not share any info, and just track how much you've traveled and such.

So scumbag steve is the reason why our store updated later?! ARGHRHGHRHG

AFAIK NEAR only updates when you manually update it via wifi or 3G on the app itself. You can choose to not share any info, and just track how much you've traveled and such.

So scumbag steve is the reason why our store updated later?! ARGHRHGHRHG

Thanks. Sounds pretty inferior to Streetpass/Spotpass.

Not every game has near support, and exactly how it works varies from game to game. Some need you to take an action to generate a near good, while others will do so automatically. Near itself can be set to auto-update, and upload you near goods while downloading those for games you have.

Not every game has near support, and exactly how it works varies from game to game. Some need you to take an action to generate a near good, while others will do so automatically. Near itself can be set to auto-update, and upload you near goods while downloading those for games you have.

Oh I didn't know that :O Also I think the SS demo is locking up my Vita. Took forever for it to do anything so I cancelled out now it's not letting me do anything. Sigh. WHY?!

Straxus

Dragon Fantasy (PS3) just quit to XMB. I was grinding next to
second town after the cave the lantern was needed for

Ricker

Getting the ''preparing to download please wait'' for the last 10 minutes now on Soul Sacrifice from the Vita store...guess I will cancel and try again or try it from the PS3...

Getting the ''preparing to download please wait'' for the last 10 minutes now on Soul Sacrifice from the Vita store...guess I will cancel and try again or try it from thre PS3...

just restart the vita (since you have to anyways) it happened to me too.

Top Bottom