• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Sony lied (again). You can only use it in games that don't disable networking. Looks like devs can freely disable it in games that don't use the internet, so don't expect single-player games to work over Party.

Terrible.
Do any games other than Uncharted at the moment disable the networking?

Chocoboko

Just finished watching that Warrior's Way(Ruin) interview on engadget and it still looks like a lot of fun. Not sure how I feel about the new name.

Kind of concerned they still won't reveal a release date. Will definitely be keeping my eye on it though.

Twinduct

will have to go back and check - 3rd or 4th boss?

The level design doesn't really change, whilst i though the opening levels were just to edge you in, it turns out that so far that's pretty much the level design template. The main gripe is that there's just not much tactically going on (as per the review posted from the website).

hmm - pikmen. But a very limited pikmin.

Thanks. Oh well, Might still bite. Maybe decentish sales would prove for a fleshed out sequel!

snap0212

Sony lied (again). You can only use it in games that don't disable networking. Looks like devs can freely disable it in games that don't use the internet, so don't expect single-player games to work over Party.

Terrible.
Isn't it possible that this is just a software bug in the OS rather than a complete screw up by Sony? Why on earth would they give devs the ability to disable OS features completely? That doesn't make sense.

Twinduct

Isn't it possible that this is just a software bug in the OS rather than a complete screw up by Sony? Why on earth would they give devs the ability to disable OS features completely? That doesn't make sense.

Same reason they gave devs the ability to stop the screenshot function :p
But yeah it seems rather more of a bug at this stage. Maybe it become the Overlay clock joke for firmware upgrades! ... Let hope not.

Kyoufu

Do any games other than Uncharted at the moment disable the networking?

I think all of the single-player games (Lord of Apocalypse etc)

It was confirmed by Shuhei Yoshida that a developer has a power budget, so networking can be disabled in games that don't need it. So stupid.

snap0212

It was confirmed by Shuhei Yoshida that a developer has a power budget, so networking can be disabled in games that don't need it. So stupid.
Oh, okay. Sony probably doesn't worry. All their 'depending on the dev' features have turned out to be well supported on the PS3; screenshots, custom soundtracks, etc. Oh man, it's sad.

Kyoufu

Oh, okay. Sony probably doesn't worry. All their 'depending on the dev' features have turned out to be well supported on the PS3; screenshots, custom soundtracks, etc. Oh man, it's sad.

Well these are OS level features that can't be used. Screenshots, Party... devs can and are disabling them. Sony is so bad.

Terrible.

What's their reasoning behind this? Stupid decision.

Takao

Banned

These aren't "Opt-in" features like the PS3, but rather developers actually have to go out of their way to opt-out of them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when FROM disabled party chat on Xbox 360 for Dark Souls, it was 'cool' to enhance the experience.

I think its too early to judge, but hopefully this gets decent support. Perhaps if devs are concerned about battery use, let users manually override it - its their battery and if party chat is important to them, maybe they'll accept slightly shorter battery life as a trade?

Kyoufu

when FROM disabled party chat on Xbox 360 for Dark Souls, it was 'cool' to enhance the experience.

I think its too early to judge, but hopefully this gets decent support. Perhaps if devs are concerned about battery use, let users manually override it - its their battery and if party chat is important to them, maybe they'll accept slightly shorter battery life as a trade?

Yes, choice is great but Sony has let developers take the choice away from us. Once Vita gets a decent library of games then this will stand out as a problem.

Carl

Which is completely stupid. YES they should be given a power budget but the ability to turn off Wi-Fi should NOT be an option for developers

patsu

Terrible.

Are you sure that's the case ? Devs can always disable features pertaining to their games. You should be able to use the communication features over SP games too, as long as the devs don't disable it intentionally.

Kyoufu

Are you sure that's the case ? Devs can always disable features pertaining to their games. You should be able to use the communication features over SP games too, as long as the devs don't disable it intentionally.

When you start the game you get a popup notification saying "Network features have been disabled", which screws you out of Party chat lol.

Shancake

I'm starting to get really tired of how unstable the system is. My HK 3G vita just simply won't turn on... It won't do anything. Was working fine last night.

DCharlie

Banned
I'm starting to get really tired of how unstable the system is. My HK 3G vita just simply won't turn on... It won't do anything. Was working fine last night

hold power for about 20 seconds
wait for about 10 seconds
hold power for 5 seconds

and yes, it's a total pain in the arse.

Shancake

hold power for about 20 seconds
wait for about 10 seconds
hold power for 5 seconds

and yes, it's a total pain in the arse.

I've tried that. Usually works a treat but its not working this time. I have a feeling my vita turned on by itself overnight(Which has happened before) and now its dead. Weird though considering it was on the cradle...

It's now charging even though its been on the cradle for 12 hours =/ So random...

DCharlie

Banned
I've tried that. Usually works a treat but its not working this time. I have a feeling my vita turned on by itself overnight(Which has happened before) and now its dead. Weird though considering it was on the cradle...

crazy - good luck with it, but yes - the issue is worrying. More so that it's not an obvious reset.

Purexed

Banned
Hopefully these start-up issues can be resolved with firmware updates. Gotta find some wood to knock on hoping my JP unit doesn't have the same problems.

Jonnyram

It won't enter safe mode.. I guess next resort will be to remove battery except the problem seems to be it not turning on =/
Don't panic. Plug it in to your charger, leave it standing for a while, hold down the power button for a minute or so. Then leave it for a few minutes, and try turning it on as usual.

Gaspode_T

If the battery is totally out of juice it takes a surprising amount of time to charge up enough to turn on...it must be a good 10 mins it needs, which is way more than an iOS device needs to turn on (basically almost instant if you are plugged in to charger)

The hold power for 20 secs thing seems to do HW level reset if the kernel is frozen. If that doesn't work, you are kind of screwed - there is an article on Japan blog that basically says "if this step doesn't work, send to Sony"

Shancake

I held the power button for literally 2 minutes and it finally turned on. Every other time I've had it not work its just been a simple 20 second hold but this was something different =/

Any one with umvc3 want to try out a match with me?

I'm suspecting that it doesnt like my US psn.

Haven't found a match since I bought it.

Psn: lord_audie

dreamfall

I held the power button for literally 2 minutes and it finally turned on. Every other time I've had it not work its just been a simple 20 second hold but this was something different =/

Whew! Good to hear that it worked. I've definitely experienced this one time this week, but keep calm and plug it in! Is anyone else having random freezing when running the Golden Abyss demo? It's the only demo that seems to lock up my system from time to time- I'm getting worried about running it...!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Star Strike Delta site updated with a trailer.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/starstrike/delta/

OMG that music. Day one. 1000 yen.
Forget what I've said earlier, DAT TRAILER + 1000 yen price tag = day 1.
Whew! Good to hear that it worked. I've definitely experienced this one time this week, but keep calm and plug it in! Is anyone else having random freezing when running the Golden Abyss demo? It's the only demo that seems to lock up my system from time to time- I'm getting worried about running it...!
I've cleared the demo without crashing even once.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Shouldn't it be worldwide online? SSFIV 3DS was.
You can choose the region to search the matches in - "current" (I guess it's the account's region) and "other".

Also, for J-GAF, this week Famitsu has a quite long article about Gravity Daze. Lots of screenshots etc.

You can choose the region to search the matches in - "current" (I guess it's the account's region) and "other".

Also, for J-GAF, this week Famitsu has a quite long article about Gravity Daze. Lots of screenshots etc.

Could you please tell me what option that is?. I cant make it out :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Could you please tell me what option that is?. I cant make it out :(
地域 -> 他 if you're playing from your US account. Can't say for sure, because I've sold my copy after being unable to find/join any game for 2 days straight.

Shancake

Now that you mention it, I had Golden Abyss paused last night when I put it on the cradle...

Shancake

Can anyone help me in Uncharted.. i literally cannot find the following. BTW Uncharted chapter 11-12 absolutely amazed me. The water looked amazing.

In chapter 15th I believe it is. When you have to find the 4 gargoyles to do the charcoal rubbing, I cannot get to the one thats ontop of this huge ledge. I've managed to get the one that is by himself in the room and the one that you have to climb up to get too and the other one that is in the room with all the doors but CANNOT find out how to get the one at the top :( Its driving me crazy.

Paz

Any Japan Gaf willing to buy me a PSN card and PM The numbers? worldrevolution Did it once before but he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.

I can send money through paypal.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread!

Gacha-pin

Any Japan Gaf willing to buy me a PSN card and PM The numbers? worldrevolution Did it once before but he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.

I can send money through paypal.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread!

Where are you?
I'd rather want your region's psn card if you are in the us or hong kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom