• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gacha-pin

Why does near claim that I'm not sharing my online ID, when I am? I want mah Game Goods!

I thought this was a "NA PSN Store isn't currently working for Vita" thing, but I got the same message on my Japanese account. What gives?

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with your privacy setting. Check them again.

how do i make my vita continue downloading while the screen is off?? can anyone help pls

DL will stop when you turn your vita off manually. Just leave it until the system goes to sleep mode automatically.

Shancake

Everything is fine with my settings and game goods don't work for me either. What games even use them? I've only got uncharted and virtua tennis.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Everything is fine with my settings and game goods don't work for me either. What games even use them? I've only got uncharted and virtua tennis.

So far I've got goods for UMvC3, Katamari and Little Deviants (although I only have the last of those).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wah? So you can get game goods for games you don't own?

Well, you can get them, but can't install it unless you have those games installed.

Sigh, since near doesn't work at my place, guess I'll have to take Vita with me everywhere I go :( #firstworldproblems

Bradach

Could someone explain the remote play? how come only some titles are supported? Could a future OS update allow for all games to be played remotely or will is always be on a game by game basis?

Shancake

? So you cannot check your friends trophies, compare lists?

I assume that will be up for the NA release, right?

You can but only from vita. Vita trophies don't show up on PS3 or on the site yet. No idea why. Not even for Japanese accounts

Could someone explain the remote play? how come only some titles are supported? Could a future OS update allow for all games to be played remotely or will is always be on a game by game basis?

Only games that worked with remote play for psp will work with the vita. It'll be on a game by game basis.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Could someone explain the remote play? how come only some titles are supported?

The functionality for streaming games over remote play isn't a part of the core in-game OS on PS3. Developers have to enable a OS module at the expensive of memory for their own application - so a few games support it, and most don't.

Could a future OS update allow for all games to be played remotely or will is always be on a game by game basis?

If they can roll it into the core OS's memory and processing footprint, and there aren't other issues - sure. It's possible. Don't know if it'll happen, but Eurogamer reported that Sony was working on it. Sony subsequently refused to confirm that though.

It's a reasonable bet that the PS4 OS will support remote play for all games though - at least technically it should be more than able to do that. It'd be great if it became universal on PS3 first though.

Bradach

Only games that worked with remote play for psp will work with the vita. It'll be on a game by game basis.

The functionality for streaming games over remote play isn't a part of the core in-game OS on PS3. Developers have to enable a OS module at the expensive of memory for their own application - so a few games support it, and most don't.

If they can roll it into the core OS's memory and processing footprint, and there aren't other issues - sure. It's possible. Don't know if it'll happen, but Eurogamer reported that Sony was working on it. Sony subsequently refused to confirm that though.

It's a reasonable bet that the PS4 OS will support remote play for all games though - at least technically it should be more than able to do that. It'd be great if it became universal on PS3 first though.

thanks for the clarification. Pity it's not available for all games, i would have gotten off the fence for that. I'll go back to my lurking for now...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Does the gaf webapp work in the browser? If so, how does it feel?

Another question: how the VITA handles 3G? Does it uses a normal simcard? Is it easy to change the simcard? Is it attached to a particular 3G carrier? Can it be unlocked?

theBishop

Banned

That was thought to be true originally. However, you can see many videos on youtube of executables being hacked to support remote play.

tzare

January 19 in Japan and most likely launch day for Europe and North America. It's ¥1,000 and it looks pretty awesome to me. Did you watch the latest trailer?

Yup looks awesome, and will be my first psn purchase for my vita next month. Hopelly sony will bring more psn classics like shatter, crash commando and third parties too.Trine 2 or trials would just fit the system so much :)

Aboud modnation.... nonsense. They should release a lbp kart game instead.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Games not having online multi..games disabling online when you play.. man I want to give Sony my money but why do they make it so god damned hard.

Games not having online multi..games disabling online when you play.. man I want to give Sony my money but why do they make it so god damned hard.

Agreed. I'm really hoping those are just symptoms of launch software and devs will find a way around whatever limitations that stifling those features in the future.

test_account

XP-39C²
Agreed. I'm really hoping those are just symptoms of launch software and devs will find a way around whatever limitations that stifling those features in the future.
It is most likely just time constrains, having to get the games ready for launch. Games like WipeOut (not a launch game) even have cross online play with the PS3 version, so it shouldnt be any techincal issues of not having online play in other games.

So do trophies have to sync ps3 style? I would assume its more like 360 achievements instant. Anyone know?
It is sync like PS3.

Number45

Aren't these developer choices though? I know they're Sony titles, so I guess it's possible Sony asked them to do it this way at launch (in the case of Uncharted to give the best possible battery results) but if that's the case then hopefully we won't see too many like it.

For MNR I can only assume they didn't have time to get it in? Or perhaps they're pushing the 3G angle (ghosts/leaderboards etc. will be available over 3G but online racing wouldn't be)?

So this question was asked over in the US Vita thread:

MrPliskin said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know which games will support multiplayer out of the box? Real, online multiplayer, that is?

I know Wipeout 2048 will. But which games at the Japan launch support full online, infrastructure, multiplayer?

DeVeAn

It is most likely just time constrains, having to get the games ready for launch. Games like WipeOut (not a launch game) even have cross online play with the PS3 version, so it shouldnt be any techincal issues of not having online play in other games.

It is sync like PS3.

Aw man disappointing. I wish Sony would clean up there os. They add all these apps and features but they feel tacked on.

Overall the vita seems improved but the sync thing is crap.

Takao

Banned
Aren't these developer choices though? I know they're Sony titles, so I guess it's possible Sony asked them to do it this way at launch (in the case of Uncharted to give the best possible battery results) but if that's the case then hopefully we won't see too many like it.

For MNR I can only assume they didn't have time to get it in? Or perhaps they're pushing the 3G angle (ghosts/leaderboards etc. will be available over 3G but online racing wouldn't be)?

With Uncharted I imagine it is time, and I can understand why they want that day 1.

I don't understand why they want to ship an incomplete version of Modnation on day 1. Delay it until the summer or something.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
if this quote works ok, then yes.

browsing is really nice. the width of the screen makes reading quite pleasant. Scrolling is smooth too
That's great news, the gaf webapp is truly awesome and its only going to get better once it becomes official. Guess I'll be browsing gaf on this quite a bit then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom