• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Someone in this (or some other) thread was curious about Wipeout 2048 loading times. They still seem to be on the longish side, judging from the Famitsu cross-review.

Star Strike Delta site updated with a trailer.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/starstrike/delta/

OMG that music. Day one. 1000 yen.

tumblr_lnvf02w2lr1qm034no1_500.gif

Don't know if this has been posted (don't know if anyone cares, honestly), but Tales of Innocence R is getting a pre-order bonus download card. The card code downloads a bonus application onto your Vita which features a fully voiced side-story "Adventure Skit" as well as an "omikuji clock" -- various Innocence characters will tell you your daily fortune, as well as announce the time when the alarm goes off.

I found it a bit interesting as the Vita currently does not have any clock/alarm app. I've got the game reserved, will report back on the clock app if it is anything decent when the game comes out.

(info from: http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014051/20111031032/ )

Takao

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted (don't know if anyone cares, honestly), but Tales of Innocence R is getting a pre-order bonus download card. The card code downloads a bonus application onto your Vita which features a fully voiced side-story "Adventure Skit" as well as an "omikuji clock" -- various Innocence characters will give tell you your daily fortune, as well as announce the time when the alarm goes off.

I found it a bit interesting as the Vita currently does not have any clock/alarm app. I've got the game reserved, will report back on the clock app if it is anything decent when the game comes out.

Soon Vita will have a clock.

dreamfall

I've got a question about the Content Manager app- I finally got around to playing with it after connecting to my brother's PS3. I managed to transfer photos, but with videos I seem to be having a problem- none of the videos downloaded off Japanese or American PSN seem to be transferring over (these are 720P game trailers). It seems kind of odd, because it seemed easier on the PSP. Also, when connecting to the PS3 why do you need to be connected to the internet if you're only transferring photos or videos?

Edit: I've got a Mac, so I have to do all this through the PS3 at the moment...
Edit 2: I got it to work with a 720p trailer of Max Payne 3, but nothing else.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've got a question about the Content Manager app- I finally got around to playing with it after connecting to my brother's PS3. I managed to transfer photos, but with videos I seem to be having a problem- none of the videos downloaded off Japanese or American PSN seem to be transferring over (these are 720P game trailers). It seems kind of odd, because it seemed easier on the PSP. Also, when connecting to the PS3 why do you need to be connected to the internet if you're only transferring photos or videos?

Edit: I've got a Mac, so I have to do all this through the PS3 at the moment...
Edit 2: I got it to work with a 720p trailer of Max Payne 3, but nothing else.

Sorry for quoting the whole thing, but I'm writing from secondapps.
Anyway, as for being connected to the Internet while doing stuff with Vita and files, I think someone said it's for firmware check ot something. Security measures.

dreamfall

Sorry for quoting the whole thing, but I'm writing from secondapps.
Anyway, as for being connected to the Internet while doing stuff with Vita and files, I think someone said it's for firmware check ot something. Security measures.

All good! It definitely must be- you have to make sure you've signed into the same account on both consoles to transfer anything. Even for photos/videos that you've put on the system, you have to be connected to the internet to transfer anything. It just feels so much more restrictive after using the PSP freely!

dreamfall

So game videos I download off of PSN won't transfer to a Vita?

I definitely was able to transfer the MP3 trailer, but that was it. I tried transferring the Escape Plan features trailer, The Last of Us, Monster Hunter HD trailer, and even the Golden Abyss trailer on PSN. To no avail. I'm not entirely sure why this one trailer worked, they were all in 720p. I really hope they release the Content Manager app for Mac soon!

Hey Japanese Vita owners, any case recommendations? I want something that can take a beating as I plan on throwing (OK, placing) my Vita in a bag and carrying it around with me. Really like PDP's Pull and Go Folio for 3DS; lots of storage and relatively good protection -- is there a Vita equivalent?

Salaadin

Hey Japanese Vita owners, any case recommendations? I want something that can take a beating as I plan on throwing (OK, placing) my Vita in a bag and carrying it around with me. Really like PDP's Pull and Go Folio for 3DS; lots of storage and relatively good protection -- is there a Vita equivalent?

Gamestop has a PDP Vita Pull and Go Folio listed on their website but theres no image or information anywhere about it. Im hoping they got some information early and itll be out for launch because thats what I want too.

Chocoboko

Don't know if this has been posted (don't know if anyone cares, honestly), but Tales of Innocence R is getting a pre-order bonus download card. The card code downloads a bonus application onto your Vita which features a fully voiced side-story "Adventure Skit" as well as an "omikuji clock" -- various Innocence characters will tell you your daily fortune, as well as announce the time when the alarm goes off.

That is pretty cool. Wonder if these type pre-order bonus apps will reach over to the U.S.

Gamestop has a PDP Vita Pull and Go Folio listed on their website but theres no image or information anywhere about it. Im hoping they got some information early and itll be out for launch because thats what I want too.
Had no idea! Thanks! Anyone else with great case ideas?

I definitely was able to transfer the MP3 trailer, but that was it. I tried transferring the Escape Plan features trailer, The Last of Us, Monster Hunter HD trailer, and even the Golden Abyss trailer on PSN. To no avail. I'm not entirely sure why this one trailer worked, they were all in 720p. I really hope they release the Content Manager app for Mac soon!

That's really weird.
Anyone else have issues transferring video from their PS3 to their Vita?

I have a 3,000 yen jpn psn card and I am wondering where on the back of the card is the code I enter on the psn store?.I am seeing lots of numbers but I am not sure which one I enter.

Gaspode_T

I have a 3,000 yen jpn psn card and I am wondering where on the back of the card is the code I enter on the psn store?.I am seeing lots of numbers but I am not sure which one I enter.

It should be alphanumberic and under a thing you peel off, actually I think it should be pretty obvious so hopefully someone didn't sell you a bogus card or something :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bah, Skyhook still didn't register my Connectify hotspot. Seeing that yosp retweeted someone stating it takes 3-4 days, I wonder if I put in the right MAC address etc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What are those for? Skyhook and Connectify?
Connectify is a program that allows you to make a hotspot if you're laptop is connected to the network via cable and Skyhook is the company in which you have to register the hotspot you're using if Near doesn't work via wifi.

joshwaan

Glad you got your Vita working again Shancake, I had similar problem with my Japan Vita thought it was farked, but was told from a few members here to hold it in for a least 30 seconds and it worked. Goddamn I was happy :p

Paz

Sending out one last plea before I hunt down an overpriced Japanese PSN point card online, anybody out there who can help me?

I really want everybody's golf, wipeout, and stardust :(

Jonnyram

Connectify is a program that allows you to make a hotspot if you're laptop is connected to the network via cable and Skyhook is the company in which you have to register the hotspot you're using if Near doesn't work via wifi.
Wait, will this help in my situation, where the location my wi-fi router is showing is my old address?

Why does near claim that I'm not sharing my online ID, when I am? I want mah Game Goods!

I thought this was a "NA PSN Store isn't currently working for Vita" thing, but I got the same message on my Japanese account. What gives?

Shancake

Why does near claim that I'm not sharing my online ID, when I am? I want mah Game Goods!

I thought this was a "NA PSN Store isn't currently working for Vita" thing, but I got the same message on my Japanese account. What gives?

Everyone is having this issue i'm pretty sure. No idea why though.

wotta

Everyone is having this issue i'm pretty sure. No idea why though.

I had this too, but if you see game goods on the map and download them then it will show your online ID as showing.

You just need to discover game good on the map under peoples ID and then download them for it to show up in Discoveries.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I had this too, but if you see game goods on the map and download them then it will show your online ID as showing.

You just need to discover game good on the map under peoples ID and then download them for it to show up in Discoveries.

but how do you discover game goods when it says you aren't sharing your online ID? I thought thats stopping you discovering anything?

Bruiserk

I know that remote play is limited right now, very limited. I am curious as to how it actually works though, if it is truly portable, etc.

Is the PS3 streaming data to your Vita? If the PS3 is streaming data to your Vita, how is this "portable" then? How could you take Uncharted to school and play it there?

Unless I am wrong in thinking that the data is being streamed, let me know how it actually works.

Number45

I know that remote play is limited right now, very limited. I am curious as to how it actually works though, if it is truly portable, etc.

Is the PS3 streaming data to your Vita? If the PS3 is streaming data to your Vita, how is this "portable" then? How could you take Uncharted to school and play it there?

Unless I am wrong in thinking that the data is being streamed, let me know how it actually works.

You can make remote play on the PS3 available via the internet.

Number45

So, you have to be connected to wifi if you don't have the 3G version if you want to take a game portable?

Yeah, you'll need to have a constant data connection as it streams. I can't imagine what the 3G experience would be like though, even on the same WLAN it's far from perfect so internet latency + 3G = D:

wotta

but how do you discover game goods when it says you aren't sharing your online ID? I thought thats stopping you discovering anything?

No it doesn't stop you, just press the near button select a game so the map comes up and then select anyone near you, it will then give you access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom