• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, technical issue, apperently wifi (possibly 3g too) turns off when motion sensors are enabled (which is the case with uncharted?)

Not sure if it's a glitch, or that it gets disabled so it doesn't interfeer with the magnetometer.

WTF?! That's just bizzare! Anyone have any other motion enabled games that they can test this with? That would be terrible if true :( (Here's hoping that they can fix this if this is indeed the case!)

Ask if you have any questions, doing this right took me a while so I can save you some time.

Sorry, I've played so much KD on PS2 that it feels super boring now.

22, how come I don't have your PSN ID yet? We must play LoD together sometime.

ID is kylecities, add me!

Also, about the Wi-Fi going off-- I've had it happen during various instances today where the icon would disappear (changes to the 3G icon on my 3G system), but I can confirm that it isn't actually break the connection; I tested this earlier.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
WTF?! That's just bizzare! Anyone have any other motion enabled games that they can test this with? That would be terrible if true :( (Here's hoping that they can fix this if this is indeed the case!)
All the launch titles have some form of gyro controls.
KuGsj.gif

Yep, technical issue, apperently wifi (possibly 3g too) turns off when motion sensors are enabled (which is the case with uncharted?)

Not sure if it's a glitch, or that it gets disabled so it doesn't interfeer with the magnetometer.

BTW I was talking to my friend with a bluetooth headset through the Party app while playing Shin Sangoku (which uses the gyro and everything else) with no disruptions. I think the icon is just disappearing for whatever reason.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
@twentytwo22: I'm going through your youtube channel at the moment, great videos and commentary. Much appreciated.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Nice videos, 22. I see not only Dark Souls, but MHP3rd nestled in there. Good man ;)

Could anyone with UMvC3 do me (us?) a huge favour and test the connectivity with PS3 online? Is there any way to tell you're playing with a PS3 opponent as opposed to a Vita opponent? Is it foolish to expect any kind of fun using only 3G?

spectyre

@twentytwo22: I'm going through your youtube channel at the moment, great videos and commentary. Much appreciated.

Agreed! Getting a slick new handheld and taking the time to post a bunch of vids for us instead of playing it; I don't think I could do it, or if I would have even thought of it. Thanks for taking one for the team.

So that means we'll never see anyone playing Uncharted on our friends list?

If it's intentional rather than a bug, then it's really dumb. I don't want it to set a precedent on the Vita and inspires other devs to go with that route.

This happens for some 3DS games too. :( WHY?

So LiveArea and Near won't work when you play Uncharted? Lame.

Oh really? Is there no way to turn it on again afterwards, while still playing the game?

If that's the case then playing UMvsC3 online would make for the worst case scenario.

That happens with OoT 3D and SF643D. Probably an experiment to see if people would rather save on battery life than have streetpass active. Thankfully Nintendo have given up on that idea since every game they've released since then doesn't turn off WiFi.
I am not sure, if it´s a system glitch or intentional so the battery can last longer.
Are they restored when you quit the game?

I hope this occurs because of some technical issue, rather than trying to save battery.
Yes, they are restored after one quits the game immediately. I am not sure, if it´s a system glitch or intentional so the battery can last longer.

Maybe the devs thought it was a good idea to turn them off to conserve battery. What happens if you go back to the OS while playing and sign back in?

Edit: If you can even access the settings and turn them on again while playing.

Yes, you can buy from another region's store, but you need to have funds in your PSN wallet. Most of online shops charge extra for that, however I'm sure some GAFer can help you: pay via PayPal, get the code, input into PSN, get money.

I plan on doing that since my main PSN account is US one, and I live in Europe. If you get Vita remember to buy PSN games using the same account you are using on your Vita.

That pretty neat. And I believe all the Vita games are supposed to come DD as well? Come to me cheap US games!

Oni Jazar

Maybe the devs thought it was a good idea to turn them off to conserve battery. What happens if you go back to the OS while playing and sign back in?

Edit: If you can even access the settings and turn them on again while playing.

You have got to be able to turn it on during play. Party chat should work with every game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
ID is kylecities, add me!

Also, about the Wi-Fi going off-- I've had it happen during various instances today where the icon would disappear (changes to the 3G icon on my 3G system), but I can confirm that it isn't actually break the connection; I tested this earlier.
Mine is Niiro-Matsuki. I don't know about Dynasty Warriors, but LoA hits me in the face with "the Wifi function has been turned off", so I don't know. It's kind of weird, since the game has online multiplayer.

Mine is Niiro-Matsuki. I don't know about Dynasty Warriors, but LoA hits me in the face with "the Wifi function has been turned off", so I don't know. It's kind of weird, since the game has online multiplayer.

Can you still go online to play multiplayer when this happens? (does it turn itself back on when you select online multiplayer?)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What's the point of it being a "Social Revolution" if it's going to cut me off every now and then?

This doesn't bode well for party lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Um. Wait a moment. I just googled a bit and two bits of contradicting information. Some Q&A says that the only way to play online is to use Ad hoc party with PSP and that it's impossible on Vita and other stating, that online multiplayer is there. FFS.

FoxSpirit

After playing some more, Uncharted visually is all over the place. When it looks good, it looks really damn good. However when it's bad, damn is all I can say.
20111217051401.jpg

20111217051407.jpg

Yes the birds look just as bad on the Vita. Look at the damn birds, they're literally nothing more than fucking pixels.
Holy compression artefact, Batman!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BTW I'm playing with dark allience demo and is not that bad for 2400 yen. I may bite.
That game was awesome fun on PS3 with friends. The load times were terribad there too incase some are surprised :p

Ag3cYydCMAAvfOH.jpg

Great to see the in-game options and OS level multitasking. It's more impressed than I ever thought I would be.

LiquidMetal14

The little promo video in the demo says "4 player online mode" so I guess yes.

Amazing. Gonna double dip on that one. I paid 15 on PSN though :/

2400y, hope it's under 30 for US launch. With cross game or in-game chat, this should be awesome on the go.

Syn23

Umm what about it looks generic? It looks and plays like UC. Unless that's never been your cup of tea.

I love the series. I've played through the first two games three times each, and got a platinum trophy on both. I've finished the third twice and I'll get the platinum trophy soon.

It's just that what I've seen in GA seems a lttle uninspired. Pretty standard gunplay and not so good setpieces. But I've only seen an hour or so of various footage. If it's 10-12 hours long someone should already have been through half the game or so.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ugh... very strong JPG compression there. Post lossles quality pics, thank you.
Those are Vita screenshots, and yeah, they're heavily compressed. But it's either that or taking screenshots of the screen with your phone/camera.

Shancake

Have we confirmed the whole Trophy thing? I've got a friend sending me his copy of Uncharted Golden Abyss with a Vita but he already played Uncharted on his system... Does this mean I wont be able to get trophies now on mine?

Have we confirmed the whole Trophy thing? I've got a friend sending me his copy of Uncharted Golden Abyss with a Vita but he already played Uncharted on his system... Does this mean I wont be able to get trophies now on mine?

If nobody will check it before, you will be happy to inform GAF about your experience! :)

FoxSpirit

Those are Vita screenshots, and yeah, they're heavily compressed. But it's either that or taking screenshots of the screen with your phone/camera.
Have you check if there is any option to change the quality or format? It's an awesome feature almost made useless. Plus on Yoshida's twitter pics looked better :-\

demonkaze

Is it still possible to import these and where is the best and cheapest place to get one and deliver it to the UK? A bundle would probably be better too.

LiquidMetal14

My advice for screencaps would be too scale them down to Vita size. They are already artifact riddled and some of the games are even sub Vita res. So while they may look good, it may not do them a service to blow them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom