• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody watch Real-Time two nights ago?

What does Bill Maher mean that Obama and Romeney are "neck and neck"?

Obama's leading Romeney in the polls by more than 3 perecentage points and this is his low note.

Any Poll has a +- 3-4 point MOE. Also that this is very early.

If it is still a 3 point average come October, then it carries more weight.

bananas

Banned
Neither...unless you buy that talking point as true.
alysE.jpg

gcubed

With PDs inability to comprehend polling and then doubling down on it then ignoring it I'm wondering if Kosmo got a hold of his account.

GhaleonEB

Gallup has Obama +3 over Romney today. A net eight point swing in a couple days; unusually noisy for a five-day tracking poll.

Their weightings are funky, but for the moment they've reverted to the mean of other polls.

Gallup has Obama +3 over Romney today. A net eight point swing in a couple days; unusually noisy for a five-day tracking poll.

Their weightings are funky, but for the moment they've reverted to the mean of other polls.

If Romney loses, I want to see them say "We didn't go conservative enough!" and nominate Rick Santorum next time.

Just a quick summary of the 'legacy' that Brietbart left behind, the 'community' that he created, empowered, motivated, and supported. Here's a sampling of the filth that gets produced from the comments section on his site- re a recent speech from Michelle Obama:

This America hating fat cow has a lot of nerve thinking that anybody with a half ounce of brains would vote for four more years of his crap. We have never had such an arrogant First Lady. She has done more to denigrate the White House and all that it represents to not only the American people but the world than any First Lady ever has, but she is too stupid to realize it. Why don’t you tell us what happened to your law license mooshel?

[…]

The obamas are just plain evil. Michelle o exerts anger with no sense of leadership. Only greed and control. The only FIRST about this lady is - black and militant . I pray every day, no - I pray every hour, that someone or something will be able to stop this. The conservatives are NOT fighting back. They have no guts. STEP UP AND BE HEROES!!! These tactics are successful, evil and destructive. Can’t people see that nowhere on this planet nor in history did this ever work. IT HAS ONLY DESTROYED!!!!!!!

[…]

Please Michelle, take your angry black woman’s face to Reverend Wrights church. You have a captive audience there.

[…]

She could use her face for birth control!

[…]

Imagine waking up next to that everyday?
ay yi yi

[…]

We need to get young conservatives to infiltrate these gangs of community organizers to disrupt them and throw them off course. Furthermore, they can educate these misguided people on how bad obaman and all liberals are for America and the world.

[…]

Her eyes positively glow with hate don’t they. For whom I wonder.

[…]

All michelle has going for her is her great looks and her beautiful arms……… YIKES!
I think I read about her in a Steven King book! She’s the only First Lady in history with a long tail!

[…]

If my dog had a face like this beast, I’d shave it’s back-end and teach it to walk backwards!

[…]

Just the picture of this BEAST is SCARY! God help us drive these EVIL PEOPLE
from our govenrment.

I think the obamas are the MARK OF THE BEAST!

[…]

How in the name of God did we get this BEAST in OUR White House? It’s time to put her behind bars or in a cage where she belongs!

[…]

Patrick Ewing in drag.

[…]

Michele Obama obviously didn’t sign her mailing list correctly. She left off the “Sieg Heil Comrades”

[…]

She’s got the look of Satan in her eyes sometimes out there, and she’s a frightening woman when she gets torqued up, for sure..

OUR White House is now Mean Momma’s Crack House ;)

[…]

Those deep set eyes, those flaring nostrils, the pushed out mouth and lips, the angry mean spiritedness…..geez, what does that remind you of?

[…]

Why do I hear drums and smell the odor of a fire?

[…]

God, this woman is ugly. Mean spirited ugly.

[…]

Organize, agitate and march are all code words for R I O T.

[…]

Michelle,
Are you planning on moving back to Kenya with your husband in 2013?

[…]

Moochelle isn’t his “point person” at all.

Michelle, Ms. never proud of her country, is the evil behind the man!

And faced with the loss of the ability to steal millions from taxpayers by vacationing, spending, partying, she’s becoming ever-more desperate.

Both are thugs; she is the crime boss.

[…]

The face of an angry black woman! So afraid she won’t be able to take expensive vacations on the tax payers money! Send her and her worthless husband back to Corruptville…aka Chicago.

[…]

Trust me patriots, she is talking to her race and her race only!

[…]

Community whoreganizer.

[…]

Damn’is that winch ugly or what, it would be like sleeping next to the bride of frankenstein. Just imagine the nightmares.

[…]

B.O. ate his dog and married his bitch.

[…]

Oh goody Moochelle is going to lead the Occutards and the Union thugs for the final Battle Royale.Looks like the Left is going all in this summer because it is their last chance to destroy America.I’m here to tell yall it aint happening.We will crush the oppressors of freedom and throw these invaders out of the White House!

[…]

rrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[…]

No wonder Obama was so into Reggie. Would YOU want to wake up to that nasty mug every day? Yikes.

[…]

So sad. I used to really like Chewbacca….and now, he’s just an angry FLOTUS.

[…]

Angry black woman

[…]

Fellow organizers, Barack Obama will be serving up his favorite “dog meat” recipes at the summer community barbecue rallies.

Pets are welcomed at their own risk.

[…]

Not worrying about seeming racist at all because I don’t have racial guilt, I really feel sad for Blacks in general that this man led their first presidency. He is the flat out the worst President this nation has ever had of any color, any religion any nationality and is wasting Americas energy and all the spilled civil war blood on his racist rants and Blackness this and blackness that politics. He hasn’t spoken a word to me as an American and my color isn’t important. He hasn’t seen “American Community ” organizing yet. He makes the Tea party Look years ahead of their time. I’m glad hes not an real American! It would take an imposter!
God Bless America and Mr President, if I offended you, show us a better trail to a real birth certificate and a more believeable history.
Never again, you may end up being exactly the lesson America needs right now. home grown and FO SHO!

[…]

Where have I seen that face before?

[…]

Large hairy beast standing next to Han Solo.

[…]

Are you out of your pea pickin mind? You obviously don’t know much about this horrible excuse for a woman. If you stand by her, you lady have no honor, no character, you hate America, you hate whites, you squander other peoples money, you lose you law degree, you believe in communism and on and on and on. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??????

[…]

She hates us. She said so. She said she grew up in a country that she was never proud of. What kind of idiot is she to believe this country is evil and should be hated?

[…]

Angry, sweaty, … she gots it all. Yup. Pass the dog meat, Barry! Hurry up! Da kids go hungrier. Mmmmmmmm. ” Barack’s old dog a gonner! Umm Umm Ummm!” (parody to Barack Hussein Obama! Umm Umm Ummm”) LOL

[…]

Moochelle better watch out. She is starting to look like dinner to obamao now so she better stop barking.

[…]

I despise her, can you imagine that beast in the white house. Its gonna take alot of clorox and holy water to get their stench outta there in January.

[…]

She is disgusting, I think I dislike her more than that mac daddy homo husband she has….they are an embarrassment to this country. They definitely do not represent the American people, that’s for sure.

[…]

I sometimes wonder about what the hitler crowds were thinking when they followed the greatest moron and murderer in history. There was a look of rapture on their faces as if they were in a brainwashed state.

I see FLOTUS Moo-moo talk about Prez Mao-Mao now and I don’t have to wonder any more about what happened. People can be so stupid sometimes.

[…]

Obamao is a commie race-baiter DEVOTED to splitting up the “races” to attack Whites.

[…]

Am I the only one who “hears” the scary undertones from these people? Are they not challenging youths to become the new breed of “Brown shirts”? Fascism is only a stone’s throw from Marxism and either way these people need to be stopped.

[…]

By “these people”, do you mean the Obamas? If so, you are NOT the only one hearing it. This is how Hitler led us in to WWII. Only this time it will be the Islamist who will be exterminating people.

[…]

Tune in for the Latest episode of ” Planet of The Apes Amazon FOLKS Revenge”, Warning, Graphic Images of LIERS and Hyprocrits and Thieves. See the Fools they manipulate Living in tents in the Parks spreading Disease and Malcontent. See the Fire and Feces Fly. Brought to you By Barry-Soros Productions.

It goes on, and on, and on. The reason I posted this is to dispel this ridiculous notion of 'equivalency' between right and left. I've followed dozens of left leaning political blogs for a long time, and never, for example, did I ever read anything approaching this kind of consistent depravity and filth towards the last first lady, even in anonymous comment sections. This is what people like Brietbart empower, the lowest, most vile aspects of human nature.

Just a quick summary of the 'legacy' that Brietbart left behind, the 'community' that he created, empowered, motivated, and supported. Here's a sampling of the filth that gets produced from the comments section on his site- re a recent speech from Michelle Obama:

It goes on, and on, and on. The reason I posted this is to dispel this ridiculous notion of 'equivalency' between right and left. I've followed dozens of left leaning political blogs for a long time, and never, for example, did I ever read anything approaching this kind of consistent depravity and filth towards the last first lady, even in anonymous comment sections. This is what people like Brietbart empower, the lowest, most vile aspects of human nature.

Why didn't he ever go to the comments section and shout "Behave yourselves" to them?

I really want to taste their tears come November but I am fairly sure they would burn my tongue off.

gcubed

I've never read comments sections when GWB was president but I'm sure their not much different. Comments are the scourge of the internet and never read them anymore. Go read any comments from a yahoo article.

I've never read comments sections when GWB was president but I'm sure their not much different. Comments are the scourge of the internet and never read them anymore. Go read any comments from a yahoo article.

Oh I see. You've 'never' read any, but you're 'sure' they weren't different. Sounds good.

I mentioned this explicitly in my post. I've read comments on left leaning blogs more than right, blogs very critical of GWB, and no, nothing I read ever approached this, especially towards the 1st lady that sane people understand has nothing to do with the Presidency. Not even close. This Presidency has encouraged new levels of depravity, and people need to acknowledge this to move forward. The attitude and types of attacks towards the 1st lady is unprecedented. I don't see the point of your intellectual laziness, to assert such a statement so confidently about something you admit you don't have a shred of knowledge about just so you can pretend X is the same as Y and that everything is equivalent.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I don't read comments sections of anything ever, ruins your day.

I have a lot of respect for Laura Bush, I actually wish she had exerted more of her experience in education when NCLB was getting cooked up. I and a lot of my friends despise the bush presidency but have no issues with Laura.

It's funny because Michelle is involved in largely overlapping causes with health education etc.

But that organic garden? Truly Satan's work amirite?

Um, the comments were very different!!!
The tone of internet comments about Obama & his wife (or any black person) are usually race based & personal. This is common and is prevalent on 99% of internet comment sections.

So Romney's new advisor Richard Grenell apparently deleted 800+ tweets, and basically trashed every article he ever published online, as well as deleting his personal website. He also wrote articles for breitbart.com. Nice to know Romney's hiring advisors who would prefer to wipe their past words and opinions off the face of the earth.

First, you've already lost for obsessing over the comments section on the internet

Second, I don't see how anyone who was internet active during the Bush era could make such a claim. There was plenty of vitriol and hatred on the far left during those eight years, especially during the buildup and aftermath of the Iraq war. As a veteran of the Randy Rhodes message board among other liberal ones as well, I can definitively say I saw plenty of bile coming from that side. We see some of it here whenever a prominent conservative dies.

We saw a bit of it in 08 when liberal blogs spread rumors on Palin's baby and later ignored the sexist attacks she received. We see some of it now on DailyKos where bloggers continuously attack Romney's wealth, fostering the politics of resentment that turns off regular people; I don't bring up that Romney stuff to make a 1:1 comparison between the racist comments towards Michelle on right wing blogs.

Right, the recession wasn't really worse (drop in GDP)

right, let's just double down on ignoring the fact that nonfarm employment and GDP dropped more in the 2007 recession than in any of those other post-WW2 recessions because The GDP Line Is Pretty Close To Something

GhaleonEB

This is interesting. Looks like Obama's "silver spoon" line from this week was partly made up by (wait for it) Fox News. The actual quote in context doesn't even indirectly reference Romney at all, making their flip out about it even more amusing.

Seems like Gallup is normalizing. Really, a 3-4 point lead is probably enough for Obama to win with over 300+ EVs (losing IN and maybe NC/FL).

Just want the Senate and the House to swing our way.

Chumly

This is interesting. Looks like Obama's "silver spoon" line from this week was partly made up by (wait for it) Fox News. The actual quote in context doesn't even indirectly reference Romney at all, making their flip out about it even more amusing.

I'm sure a producer from fox will be fired for purposely misquoting the president to make him look bad. I look forward for rigorous investigation they will conduct.

Clevinger

It is kind of amazing that the media is so god damn incompetent they can't take five seconds to check what he actually said, and instead take motherfucking Steve Doocy's analysis as fact. jesus h christ what the fucking fuck, there simply aren't enough face palms

I have to stop following politics

RDreamer

I've been saying it for a while. Breitbart.com is by far one ofthe biggest cesspools onthe Internet. They're all a bunch of conspiracy theorist asshole idiots. I really hate humanity when I read it. I barely knew the guy when he was alive (except that video of him saying behave yourselves), but to have followers like that...

gkryhewy

I've been saying it for a while. Breitbart.com is by far one ofthe biggest cesspools onthe Internet. They're all a bunch of conspiracy theorist asshole idiots. I really hate humanity when I read it. I barely knew the guy when he was alive (except that video of him saying behave yourselves), but to have followers like that...

He was a vile, stupendous asshole, and the world is a better place without him.

Right, the recession wasn't really worse (drop in GDP)

Get your eyes checked. The graphs show it to be worse both in GDP drop and unemployment. Although I appreciate the introduction of the weasel word "really."

I do agree that the policy response has been suboptimal. Much more money needed to be spent more quickly (and still does). But you favor policies that would not just have been less effective, but that would have been affirmatively harmful. So, while I get to criticize Obama and Congress (including asinine Republicans), you don't. Your criticism is like criticizing a mass murderer because he didn't kill enough people. Yes, it technically counts as criticism, but not all criticism is equal.

So Romney's new advisor Richard Grenell apparently deleted 800+ tweets, and basically trashed every article he ever published online, as well as deleting his personal website. He also wrote articles for breitbart.com. Nice to know Romney's hiring advisors who would prefer to wipe their past words and opinions off the face of the earth.

A flip-flopper. Perfect fit for the Romney team.

Get your eyes checked. The graphs show it to be worse both in GDP drop and unemployment. Although I appreciate the introduction of the weasel word "really."

I do agree that the policy response has been suboptimal. Much more money needed to be spent more quickly (and still does). But you favor policies that would not just have been less effective, but that would have been affirmatively harmful. So, while I get to criticize Obama and Congress (including asinine Republicans), you don't. Your criticism is like criticizing a mass murderer because he didn't kill enough people. Yes, it technically counts as criticism, but not all criticism is equal.

Actually that's what you're doing by criticizing Obama for not spending enough money

Personally no, I would have preferred the stimulus to be bigger (although it wasn't politically feasible). I'm just addressing your analogy

So...knowing this, why do you continue to ham Obama on the stimulus way back when when you know if it were bigger the shitstorm he'd have to deal with would be huge?

Clevinger

So...knowing this, why do you continue to ham Obama on the stimulus way back when when you know if it were bigger the shitstorm he'd have to deal with would be huge?

I wasn't really following it back then so I don't know if he could have. But if he could have he should have because Republicans would have said it was the worst Socialist Dictator debt ballooner whatever anyway. The biggest shitstorm possible was inevitable because the hyperbole against him was already at 11. It can't get any worse.

jaxword

"I'm not going to be intimidated by a bunch of bullshit."

— WVa Senatorial candidate John Raese, rejecting criticism for his comparing smoking regulations with Hitler's treatment of Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom