• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeeeeeup.

The idea of a reasonable moderate republican is a fantasy constructed by people who are are ideologically or professionally opposed to acknowledging the madness of the Republican party. No sane person should ever vote for a republican for any federal office. As bad as Bayh is, for example, the D next to his name is still enough.

Kirk just demonstrated that he thinks Duckworth's entire family history is invalid because at one point in her family tree, a white person married someone from Thailand. He thinks people without white skin can't have a deep connection to this country. Much Trump's Curiel comments, it's transparent, awful, and unacceptable racism.

=====

In other news, it's October 27th and NPR's politics podcast spent the evening wondering who would win Texas and Utah. This is real life.

This election I did vote for one Republican for Sheriff.

The Democrat running is not only running with the slogan "God First" but also was fired from the very same department he is running for around 8 years ago.

Holmes

Every race on my husband's ballot this year was between two Democrats, save for the Presidential election (obviously) and the House race, only because the incumbent was the only Democrat on the ballot during the primary.

Ah, the Bay Area.

Gruco

Banned

The Democrat running is not only running with the slogan "God First" but also was fired from the very same department he is running for around 8 years ago.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to emphasize for "federal" office. For state and especially local office there's more room for republicans to operate independently of the national party.

Of course, after seeing how that worked with Michigan's reasonable moderate governor I'll probably apply the rule of thumb at the state level too.....

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, that's why I wanted to emphasize for "federal" office. For state and especially local office there's more room for republicans to operate independently of the national party.

Of course, after seeing how that worked with Michigan's reasonable moderate governor I'll probably apply the rule of thumb at the state level too.....

FUCK! it's creeping ALL THE WAY DOWN.

About the Bundy occupation verdict... is it wrong that my first thought was more "white OJ trial" than anything else? Prosecution assumes it has an open-and-shut case, doesn't do due diligence during jury selection, doesn't move to stop defense from throwing up cloud of bullshit, sympathetic jury uses cloud of bullshit as cover for nullification. White privilege absolutely factors into it, but if the jury was really composed of people willing to accept the defense's arguments, that's on the prosecution as much as anyone else.

Wilsongt

Internal Dem poll--->

"At a fundraiser for Brad Ashford tonight, Xavier Becerra said that he saw a poll showing Clinton +1 in Texas."

https://twitter.com/davesund/status/791832331170353152

giphy.gif

Trump has $16m cash on hand vs Hillary's $153m

This is straight up comical at this point. Wtf is he doing. How's he going to pay for stuff.

There's going to be a lot of stiffed ex-Trump staffers and operations guys. I can already smell the class action lawsuit.

I considered voting Republican for Circuit Court Clerk because the Democratic incumbent is super corrupt. But I quickly learned that the Republican is a Bircher, so I'm just leaving that one blank.

CNN turned 2008 into a dead heat by treating joe the plumber and the bradley effect as valid issues. Then there was 2012 where Wolf Blitzer turned himself into a predictable meme. It's what they do because they desperately seek ratings above everything else.

You guys are going to be so disappointed on election day. Its become irrational dreaming in here :/
Fuck this--we D's have had that "realist" attittude for years, and it hasn't helped us any. Don't see the harm in being motivated and being positive for a change. Something D's could actually learn from the R's, as it gets people to show up at the very least and not give up and treat battles as if they're lost before they've even begun to be fought. And if it turns out we were getting our hopes up a bit too much, so what? Doesn't change anything and at least more people were motivated and fired up. Optimism all the way~ :D

VP picked well in advance.

Dude PD called this years ago (2013ish I think). Tom Perriello gonna be VA govs pick

2013: (Thinks it warner)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83498857&postcount=14429
Some have speculated that Obama's camp eventually talked him out of running this year due to the Clinton camp fully supporting Terry McAuliffe, and perhaps some backdoor/handshake deal going on. Maybe the reward is Mark Warner's senate seat, if he is selected as Hillary's VP.

2015: We start discussing Kaine as the better option in July (literally the day before that email)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=171888635

This was such a obvious move

Fuck this. Don't see the harm in being motivated and being positive for a change. Something D's could actually learn from the R's, as it gets people to show up at the very least and not give up and treat battles as if they're lost before they've even begun to be fought. And if it turns out we were getting our hopes up a bit too much, so what? Doesn't change anything and at least more people were motivated and fired up. Optimism all the way~ :D

The Texas and the house stuff is not gonna happen unless there is another tape worse than the first

Its also, bad poll ignore or unskew, good poll, go apeshit. It just is too much like the trumpkins finding the data that fits

Loudninja

CNN turned 2008 into a dead heat by treating joe the plumber and the bradley effect as valid issues. Then there was 2012 where Wolf Blitzer turned himself into a predictable meme. It's what they do because they desperately seek ratings above everything else.
Its always a dead heat with them ALWAYS.

Early voted today. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. Now I just wish I could put myself in suspended animation until November 9th.

rjinaz

This entire Wikileak thing as been one big nothing burger but CNN keep playing them up like there is actually something unseemly in them.

So?

RIGGED. FIXED. Let's just put a stop to this election and elect Trump.

Next an email will come out round that time referencing Trump as the candidate and their little minds really won't know what to think.

The Texas and the house stuff is not gonna happen unless there is another tape worse than the first

Its also, bad poll ignore or unskew, good poll, go apeshit. It just is too much like the trumpkins finding the data that fits
You make it seem like no one here realizes that. It's like Ash winning the Pokemon League, let people be.

ampere

Two(My mom and I) more for the queen in California.

It made me feel sick when I saw Trump's name on the ballot when I voted and it still does, ugh

Like how is he really on the ballot

Selecting Hillary and moving on made me feel better, but it's just so gross that awful and abusive monster is on the ballot

You make it seem like no one here realizes that. It's like Ash winning the Pokemon League, let people be.

I mean they can but they should be called out for the things they lambast the other side from doing.

Its also why this place becomes an ecochamber. The oppo (trump n-word) thing was a part of it as well. It was exactly like the white tape.

@SeanTrende
Ask yourself how many commercials you've seen with the name "Merrick Garland" in them. That's why Cruz feels safe to talk about reducing Ct.

It begins with the GOP "thinkers" to begin to lay the ground work on why the court should have 8 and why the GOP should pick the fight.

You're gonna see arguments about ties being good, no ideology should have a majority etc

Zukkoyaki

I'm confident that Hillary will be our next president and feel good about the senate. But I'm in camp modest expectations as well.

No House, no Texas, no Georgia, maybe even no Iowa, Ohio or Arizona.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the final EV tally is only 323 for Clinton (Obama 2012 + NC - IA - OH).

mo60

I'm confident that Hillary will be our next president and feel good about the senate. But I'm in camp modest expectations as well.

No House, no Texas, no Georgia, maybe even no Iowa, Ohio or Arizona.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the final EV tally is only 323 for Clinton (Obama 2012 + NC - IA - OH).

Trump won't break 200EV's. Hilary will win both OH and IA but not by much.She may win AZ.

I mean they can but they should be called out for the things they lambast the other side from doing.

Its also why this place becomes an ecochamber. The oppo (trump n-word) thing was a part of it as well. It was exactly like the white tape.
Ash is winning the Alola league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom