• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm getting way too much pleasure out of the possibility of Darrell Issa losing.

Boke1879

I'm wondering if it is just worse to be in the headlines again even if it is good news.

Well today no doubt no one is paying attention. People are watching football. This will be big news tomorrow. If anything just coming out and saying this is essentially nothing is good news.

Now I can't wait for Trump to go nuclear on this.

Dierce

I wish Comey would have just shut up. It isn't good to bring this bullshit back in the headlines. It shifts the focus back to Clinton and that has never been good this election. This is why dipshit Chaffetz is still ecstatic

I'm wondering if it is just worse to be in the headlines again even if it is good news.

They just want people to be reminded of EMAILZ.

I hope Obama replaces Comey with someone that'll go proverbial desk-to-desk on FBI and clean house. It's a white male dominated agency that needs forced diversity to prevent this from happening again.

James Comey after hearing about the early voting in Nevada.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Had to save his ass after that.

Hopfrog

Check out Kurt Eichenwald's twitter right now, he is losing his shit over this announcement. Pretty much says he should fired immediately.

Kurt Eichenwald ‏@kurteichenwald 6m6 minutes ago
Anyone - conserv or lib - who is not furious at Comey and calling for his termination for screwing w/ election cares nothing for democracy.

I don't think it matters whether or not this gets talked about in the media. The ground game on the Dem side has done its damage to the GOP already.

This news will have an effect on the small amount of deplorables who are trying to find cover to vote deplorably, nothing else.

In a perfect world this would dominate the news cycle till the polls closed because of the bullshit story this spawned for over a week. I'd be surprised if this shit even survives till tomorrow.

Bowdz

And that's why the FBI doesn't comment on ongoing investigations. Comey's initial letter may have lost us the Senate over NOTHING. Even if there was no political intent behind Comey's initial letter (which is debatable), the damage is done. Unbelievable.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So here are my two biggest problems with the 'clean out the FBI' stuff:

(A) Besides Comey, how do you figure out who goes? Purity tests and anonymous reporting?

(B) What do you do about the fact that the FBI recruits from police forces that disproportionately contain deplorables?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Again: Why am I not seeing any Hillary commercials during NFL? Tons of Trump.

If there was any justice in this world Chuck Grassley would be getting out of a car right now and walking up to Comey's house, handing him an airline ticket to some place very, very far away.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In a perfect world this would dominate the news cycle till the polls closed because of the bullshit story this spawned for over a week. I'd be surprised if this shit even survives till tomorrow.
Election is done in like 50 hours. Nothing will penetrate the news cycle beyond baiting people with diablosing about Trump potentially shooting nuclear weapons at everyone else in NATO or the New York Times or whatever.

Christ, they really did time this out just to affect early voting.

What a shitshow. Obama needs to do one last thing for HRC after the election and clean the FBI out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom