• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

When they go low, we go to OHIO!

anigif_sub-buzz-16751-1476590942-1.gif

It makes no damn sense that this election would be as close if not closer than the last one.

it's not as close as the last one at all. Obama was up less than a point vs. Romney in 2012.

Clinton is up by about 5.

Obama won by 7 vs. McCain in 08 and that was a blowout.

Turn off CNN.

go take a walk.

rrtyu

Neo Member
I still can't come too terms with the fact the 40% of the country is racist.

Like how in the hell does one move on past that?

I need to develop some coping strategies.

Every single person spending time watching CNN News (not the Sunday morning shows) on a Sunday needs to do some serious reevaluating of their lives

Whether you like it or not, the media dictates public opinion and they have screwed Clinton over with this bullshit. Even now they can't just say they cleared her and it's a positive.

HylianTom

Banned

It's in the back of my mind every time I leave the city. Walking around, knowing that >90% of the white voters I encounter find Trumpism tolerable or even good.. that knowledge taints things. A bit freaky.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

Political parties in America are coalitions of a lot of broad interests.

Schumer has a 42 pt lead in NY and he wanted to run fucking ads? WTF?!

I have a theory about why, but I don't feel comfortable disclosing it publically. PM me and I'll let you know my theory.

Or you know what, I could tell you all in the PoliGAF thread on Wednesday to prove it's not bullshit.

Bowdz

We've never atoned for our original sin as a nation. We need to keep fighting the good fight, win over hearts and minds one by one, and make progress through legislation bit by bit. I feel like Blue Origin's motto needs to be the rally cry for progressives going forward. Gradatim Ferociter.

Step by step, ferociously.

It's in the back of my mind every time I leave the city. Walking around, knowing that >90% of the white voters I encounter find Trumpism tolerable or even good.. that knowledge taints things. A bit freaky.
He has a 90% lead with whites?
EDIT: Ah, in your local context. Carry on.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

How about:

40% are comfortable enough looking past that shitstain of a canidate?

it's not 40% of the country.

only about 120 million people bothered to vote in 2012, so that's your likely voter pile. Everyone else was too young or just doesn't care.
about 40% of those are planning on voting Trump, so 48 million.

There are racists in this pile, but there's also hardcore evangelicals, insane single issue voters re: abortion, and wealthy people who put their love of tax cuts above everything else.

Those people would vote for anybody. They're just as disgusting as the racists are, but if we assume that clinton's "about half" number is right, then there are only 24 million bigots out of a country of 330 million.

This doesn't really keep me up at night- in fact its less than i would have thought.

So, this is how a White Resentment Party tries to feverishly hold on to power. Step on these fuckers' necks, and don't let off.

Miss me with the, "But they're not ALL bad people" BS. They've put their chits in the basket with the rest of the deplorables

IMG_20161106_172153.jpg

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yep, Wolf and CNN in general just seem bummed that something remotely positive for Hillary arose during Operation Dead Heat. Why do I continue to watch? Why do I hate myself? I plan on taking this Wednesday off from work, come what may. Hopefully I will be drinking homemade Hillary-themed cocktails.

rrtyu

Neo Member

True, but the people in these coalitions seem to turn a blind eye to their less than favorable cohorts. Their has to be either an air of cowardice or acceptance, that allows a coalition such as the one trump as formed, to be able to hold itself together as it does. And based on the actions of many prominent and supposedly brave republicans, it seems awfully a lot like acceptance.

thebloo

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 1h1 hour ago

Has anyone asked Harry Reid if he thinks Comey clearing Clinton is a violation of the Hatch Act?

This is one the most idiotic questions from an NBC reporter this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom