• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

After all the shit that Kaepernick got is this what's finally going to get some proper attention ?

Negative attention.

Too many people who would rather have the monkeys throw a ball for their amusement than to hear them make a political statement.

Same thing that happens with "Hollywood liberal elites" make a statement.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Negative attention.

Too many people who would rather have the monkeys throw a ball for their amusement than to hear them make a political statement.

What I mean is, this is the first time that it feels like there's proper negative attention to the negative reaction to Kaepernick

We should definitely be taking advice on how to run a sports team from Donald Trump.

DKbsGTQWkAAp-Bw.jpg:large

Toth

Nothing is sticking on this administration because every damn day trump does something worse. It's getting impossible to get business down there (and that's a good thing I suppose all things considering).

Teggy

TIL that Leland Melvin (you may know him better as the astronaut who took his official picture with his dogs) was an NFL player. He has some words for trump.

https://t.co/FezF6vqZuO?amp=1

I served my country not in the military but as 1 of 362 American Astronauts that have explored the universe to help advance our civilization. Not just Americans but all humans. I also was briefly in the NFL and stood for the National Anthem with my hand over my heart. What makes us great is our differences and respecting that we are all created equally even if not always treated that way. Looking back at our planet from space really helps one get a bigger perspective on how petty and divisive we can be. Donald Trump maybe you should ask your good friend Mr. Putin to give you a ride on a Soyuz rocket to our International Space Station and see what it’s like to work together with people we used to fight against, where your life depends on it. See the world and get a greater sense of what it means to be part of the human race, we call it the Orbital Perspective.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Attacking the most popular sports organization in the country seems like a perfect Trump move. Makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Ryuuroden

Negative attention.

But they love the Hollywood conservative cucks like Clint eastwood.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All that matters is that Trump is the center of attention. That's his only logic, his only drive.

I just don't get the reasoning. You attack the most popular sporting organization in America AND the most popular basketball team. Good luck with the fallout from that.

I just don't get the reasoning. You attack the most popular sporting organization in America AND the most popular basketball team. Good luck with the fallout from that.

To his supporters, the NFL is failing. They live within Trump's twisted reality distortion bubble like some sort of hivemind.

RaidenZR

We should definitely be taking advice on how to run a sports team from Donald Trump.

DKbsGTQWkAAp-Bw.jpg:large

I'm still in shock he did things like this more than once, it's been deduced, become widely known, and yet he wasn't laughed out of and ejected from the business world (or the planet for that matter).

How many times have there been reports on this fictitious "Barron" persona?

I hope every form of entertainment runs afoul of this cult, so they'll have nothing left to do besides watching paint dry. Sports could do better without "fans" that only give a shit about black people when they're playing games for their amusement.

Plinko

I hope every form of entertainment runs afoul of this cult, so they'll have nothing left to do besides watching paint dry. Sports could do better without "fans" that only give a shit about black people when they're playing games for their amusement.

If Trump ever bashes college football, THAT is when his base will turn.

I'm still in shock he did things like this more than once, it's been deduced, become widely known, and yet he wasn't laughed out of and ejected from the business world (or the planet for that matter).

How many times have there been reports on this fictitious "Barron" persona?

There's no authority that could "eject him from the business world". He was a joke, his businesses weren't successful and the only way he kept things going was by playing a character on a reality TV show and accepting money from Russian banks. That was enough to trick conservatives into respecting him though.

Hopfrog

Not familiar with college football, but I'm kinda surprised it's not happening there too since college-educated people tend to be more liberal/democratic.

The audience for college football and those interested in the academic aspects of universities do not necessarily overlap. Obviously there are the students who attend said institutions who cheer on their teams and who might be liberally-inclined, but there are plenty of fans who cheer on those teams who haven't spent a day in college.

To be more direct - do you think everyone who cheers on the Alabama football team actually went to the University of Alabama?

The Warriors are from California so he doesn't care.

Really I don't see the fallout because his base is angry with the nfl for the same reasons he is

Loxley

Not familiar with college football, but I'm kinda surprised it's not happening there too since college-educated people tend to be more liberal/democratic.

College athletes have the added problem that if they bring any kind of negative publicity to their school, much less their team, they'll risk throwing away any chance they had at making it into the pros. No NFL team is going to want to draft a player who's going to draw more attention for their political stances than their talent as an athlete.

Plinko

It won't happen because college football is the southern hick lifestyle. Cult-like obsession over schools with no regard for anything else. It is digusting.

"Trump going off against black athletes is just the distraction we need to push Graham-Cassidy over the finish line. It's scary how good he is."

Remember when he was keeping his mouth shut, and working with the Democrats and his approval was starting to tick up a bit?

Guess he didn't realize that, since he's back to saying dumb stuff and insulting Schumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom